Old 03-04-2016, 08:17 AM   #1
Pinknoise
Human being with feelings

Default Incrementing velocity in single note?

Hello! Is it possible to have multiple velocity on one single note with sample players ?

Since the note triggers samples I'm guessing not with samples but probably with synths but could be wrong.

So if not, how would you do say a long lasting chord that's slowly incrementing in volume/power without using volume automation ?
Meaning I'd prefer to use velocity for better articulation and sound of slowly rising in power.

Any tip?
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:34 AM   #2
LightOfDay
Banned

without doing volume automation that is not possible.

a single note can have one velocity at its start, velocity is the speed with which a key is pushed down. so there is no velocity within the sound or the note. for that you need volume.

why dont you use volume autmation? or use volume automation onto the item not onto the track?
LightOfDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #3
Pinknoise

Because it doesn't sound the same than an instrument being hit harder and harder but I'll find a way sometimes one hit samples are being recorded this way with some dynamics into the sound.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
Hello! Is it possible to have multiple velocity on one single note with sample players ?

Since the note triggers samples I'm guessing not with samples but probably with synths but could be wrong.

So if not, how would you do say a long lasting chord that's slowly incrementing in volume/power without using volume automation ?
Meaning I'd prefer to use velocity for better articulation and sound of slowly rising in power.

Any tip?
Midi only has one note on and one note off for each midi note and each midi note can have it's own unique velocity.

I think what you want, is the ability to crossfade between sample layers. Kontakt does that very easily and there are a lot of Kontakt instruments that have it.

For example, you can crossfade between a "p", "mf", "f", and "ff". A crossfade will crossfade between the timbre of those samples, giving you the more power as you crossfade up.

The MOD Wheel CC1 is usually used for this, but it has to be programmed into the instrument.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:05 PM   #5
Pinknoise

thank you