Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
MikeF
Human being with feelings

Default Why Is Reaper Never Mentioned As A Top Notch DAW Like Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar??

I love Reaper! I've been with Cubase and Sonar before. But for some strange reason, you never hear Reaper listed as suggested DAWs in other books, websites, etc. You ALWAYS hear about Cubase, Sonar, Logic, Pro Tools, Reason, and so on. Yet never Reaper. Sure, on this forum it is, but did you ever check out other recording forums? Some do, but it's like a minor reference.

Reaper has been around for a decade or so. Why the lack of acknowlegement?? Obviously, competitors won't do so but there are tons of audio recording books out there that never mention Reaper at all (by authors who aren't connected with any corporate system).

Is it because they are TOO cheap for the cost of such a great program? All the ones recommended by others are 10 times more expensive!! Sometimes, if you under-price the competition too much, people tend to think you have a basic, entry-level program with very few features. But I know this is not so with Reaper. It has them all beat in my opinion.

Everyone in life is out to make a profit. Isn't Reaper? I'm SO GLAD it's this reasonable, but how can they grow and continue to lose millions of dollars by not being in the ballpark with the others? What would they lose if they charged more? Nothing, because other lower-priced DAWs suck and people would know it; therefore, they would get the business anyway.

Then again, maybe soon down the road Reaper WILL charge $500 for a fully functional program if they figure this out. I HOPE NOT!! I love Reaper but you do have to wonder why they aren't acknowleged after all these years...

Mike

Last edited by MikeF; 12-20-2011 at 11:10 PM.
MikeF is offline   Reply With Quote