Old 03-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
Bathmutz
Human being with feelings

Default ReaSampler sustain pedal

Hi all,

I first was dissapointed that I couldn't use a sustain pedal with ReaSamplomatic5k, but I just found out that you can check the Obey note-off box and Learn it in the parameters section. So that's a tip for people who didn't know that.

My question is: Is there a way to reverse the polarity? I can do this on my sustain pedal but all my other synths/vst's respond to the polarity I havee set now. Too much a hassle to keep switching it during a session.

Thanks!
Bathmutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathmutz View Post
Hi all,

I first was dissapointed that I couldn't use a sustain pedal with ReaSamplomatic5k, but I just found out that you can check the Obey note-off box and Learn it in the parameters section. So that's a tip for people who didn't know that.

My question is: Is there a way to reverse the polarity? I can do this on my sustain pedal but all my other synths/vst's respond to the polarity I havee set now. Too much a hassle to keep switching it during a session.

Thanks!
Of course this can be done in various ways after the fact by editing the data.

However, I don't think there's a way it can be done like you want, unless someone has made a script to do this.

You could put in a request in the script department, there are several scripting guys that might take the task on, and I don't think it would be that difficult.

I do this with my keyboards but I can see how this could be handy in a live situation.

You can make a request here.

http://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
Bathmutz

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I don't want the hassle of having to edit midi data later.

Not sure how scripts work, that's a little too technical for me. Let's say somebody want to make that script for me, how do I implement that?

Sorry for the noob question, I'm not a computer programmer.

Edit: Sorry I see that the note doesn't stop when sustain pedal is released. It won't work like a piano/keyboard this way. Too bad.

I'll make a feature suggestion then, or will a script work?

Last edited by Bathmutz; 03-13-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Bathmutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathmutz View Post
Edit: Sorry I see that the note doesn't stop when sustain pedal is released. It won't work like a piano/keyboard this way. Too bad.

I'll make a feature suggestion then, or will a script work?
Aah, so you can't use a sus pedal with RS5K? I'd discovered that before, but your first post gave me a little encouragement.

No I don't think a script can do this, but I'm not sure. Possibly a JS FX, it would have to be able to go on the "Input FX".

It would be really nice if we could use Sus Pedal with RS5K.

Make your FR, I'll chime in.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #5
buddhajuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Make your FR, I'll chime in.
I will too, just for a native solution. In the meantime there is the script referenced in this thread...

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1817389
buddhajuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 01:18 AM   #6
themixtape

This script (save as a JS plugin) is BRILLIANT. That's exactly what RS5k needs. Thank you for pointing me to it.

(http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1817389)

Any chance we could see some sustain pedal support for RS5k in the future? There are countless soundpacks with melodic one-shots (bells, kalimba, synths, etc) and a lot of people are making melodies in their beats like that, these days. If RS5k had native sustain pedal support... that would sincerely be amazing. It's the one thing that's missing from it, and a major oversight. Thankfully that JS plugin put before it, in the FX chain, does the trick.

But if support was natively included (as it is with Sforzando, Komplete Kontrol, Maschine, MPC Beats / keygroups), and OneSmallClue's Grace) that would be awesome.