Old 03-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
tunevault
Human being with feelings

Default Audio lost during recording

This is a recurring problem for me, it happened again tonight, recording my band and I recorded 48 takes of various songs, only 3 are usable, which obviously is a huge waste of everyone's time, disk space, and makes me look really unprofessional. Would love some direction as to how to troubleshoot whether it's a problem with my hard drive or Reaper... most of the files are just silent, a couple have a constant tone through them. 20GB worth of files that are mostly just empty. Some rather than being the whole length recorded, are just a shorter piece, repeated over and over in the project. Unfortunately I was in the other room using remote control to start and stop Reaper so I was not aware that everything after the 6th take was garbage files until we were done the session. Also one of the takes is red on one of the tracks which may indicate that Reaper knew something was wrong? I use the same drive for all my other work but never have any issues with anything other than Reaper. Occasionally when I hit Ctrl-S in Reaper it also says something like "unable to save file. Disk full?". Thanks for any troubleshooting help you may be able to provide.
tunevault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:30 AM   #2
sonicowl
Human being with feelings

Things that come to my mind: Is disk really full? Files too big for OS to save them? Disk dying?
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote