Old 02-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
afreeman714
Human being with feelings

Default Very strange problem

Hi all,
I recorded some electric guitar parts on three songs last couple days, and apparently the way I routed the signal out of my amp has screwed up my audio, now that I am writing this down I think I may know why it messed with the signal, I ran out of my amps headphone jack into my audio interface so I could get some distortion with out latency, at least this is the only way I've figured so far to do this.
The problem is now reaper glitches and pops on these songs very badly the more tracks that feature the elec guitar, is this because I ran to much wattage into the signal from the headphone jack?
I re installed reaper, asio4all, the Behringer drivers, I checked the sample rate and other measurements, the cpu monitor was high on FX, 75,93%
I have just learned about setting up effects busses so that is next.
So I am going to try to delete the offending tracks and re record a different way, I'll look up ways to get some distortion on the recording monitor, any tips are welcome here though!
Thanks Aaron
afreeman714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:46 AM   #2
Coachz

Can you run latency money and check that your drivers are OK? Disable drivers until it's happy.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:58 AM   #3
Lokasenna

- Your amp's headphone jack isn't going to damage anything.

- Often glitching/stuttering/popping is a result of too many effects going at once. Have a look at Reaper's Performance window (View | Performance) - it'll tell you track by track how much CPU is being used, along with how much PDC each track is requesting. If either of those numbers seem high, try disabling some plugins on that track and see if it helps.