Old 01-19-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
Dannii
Human being with feelings

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Default Endure to the End (The Love of Many)

Here's my latest release and the first song completed since the recent bushfire saga we had here. Fortunately, my studio survived and I was able to finish mixing this song. The tracking was completed just before the bushfires came through.

This one is around ten minutes long. It has three verse/chorus sections, a prog rock'ish middle bridge, another verse/chorus and a melodic, retro piano/synth outro.

The vocals are the first recordings I have done using my brand new AD Acoustics custom PZM mic (my own design I have been tweaking for a few months). I finished building the first completed prototype mic literally as the vocalist arrived. I was soldering the last components on the PC board as she and her hubby watched!!

I'll elaborate more on the instrumentation and recording process as this thread progresses.

As the title of this topic suggests, the song is called 'Endure to the End (The Love of Many)' and is the first song in the download list at the following link:

Download 'Endure to the End (The Love of Many)' HERE

Let me know what you think...
Old 01-20-2015, 03:07 AM   #2
Dannii

Small bump.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
beginwhereur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
The vocals are the first recordings I have done using my brand new AD Acoustics custom PZM mic (my own design I have been tweaking for a few months). I finished building the first completed prototype mic literally as the vocalist arrived. I was soldering the last components on the PC board as she and her hubby watched!!
Hey Dave! Gave this tune a listen--nice work. Regarding the recording with your mic, it's a really good example of what a PZM does: the vocals on the track have an uncontrived, honest sound, very much like the listener is in the room with the performers. Though it's not the conventional pop recording sound, where the vocals are up-front and processed to an almost surreal degree, I think what you've done suits the tune. An alternative approach might have been to blend the PZM with a close mic, and that's not meant as a criticism, since it always depends on ones goals. But the PZM in general plays well with other mics (as you certainly know), a useful tool for creating all sorts of interesting effects, and yours in particular is a very good sounding one.

BTW, also enjoyed your floaty, ethereal synth sounds. Thanks for posting. . . .
beginwhereur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:00 PM   #4
Dannii

Thanks heaps for taking the time to have a listen and post your thoughts BWur. Much appreciated.

Interesting that you mention blending other mics with the PZM. I actually did record the vocals with three mics (all were recorded through my RME Fireface UFX pre's) and had planned to blend whatever worked. Along with the PZM, I set up one of my Rode NT2a's and my AKG C414eb (CK12 capsule model from 1976). I did end up getting a nice blend happening between the NT2a and the PZM but in the end, I actually preferred the PZM on it's own.

Strange as it may seem, the AKG actually didn't blend as well as the NT2a did. I was not expecting that because the AKG is one of my favourite vocal mics and sounds warm and full (being an original CK12 capsule model). Even so, for this song, the PZM on it's own worked best and had a nice presence that enabled me to easily place the vocals in a prominent position without them being overpowering.

The synth sounds you made mention of are quite a mixture.
The melodic sound under the vocals at the beginning of each chorus with the piano (and bass guitar in the second half of each chorus) is from AAS String Studio VS-2.
The ambient string sound in the middle bridge is from Night Flight Analog String Ensemble run through an Arts Acoustic Big Rock Phaser and Valhalla Shimmer and volume modulated with a JS Volume plugin using REAPER parameter modulation sidechained from the piano.
The synth sound effects in the middle bridge are from my Roland System 100 with the oscillators hard sync'd to each other and tweaked by hand then run through Valhalla Ubermod for the ping pong delay.
The synth solo at the end is from my Yamaha SY77 through an Arts Acoustic Big Rock Phaser and Valhalla Ubermod (which is then run through another Big Rock Phaser) and volume modulated from the piano track using REAPER parameter modulation on another JS Volume plugin.

In order to make the parameter modulated tracks sit better, I added a ReaDelay to the sidechain signal with some feedback to lengthen the envelope and release time of the modulation signal beyond the 5000ms max in the parameter modulation controls.

Overall mix reverbs are from Valhalla Room: a short one for the vocals and a longer one for the instruments. Vocals also run through the longer reverb but at a much lower level.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:05 PM   #5
beginwhereur

Quote:
Thanks heaps for taking the time to have a listen and post your thoughts BWur. Much appreciated.
My pleasure. . . .

Quote:
Interesting that you mention blending other mics with the PZM. I actually did record the vocals with three mics (all were recorded through my RME Fireface UFX pre's) and had planned to blend whatever worked. Along with the PZM, I set up one of my Rode NT2a's and my AKG C414eb (CK12 capsule model from 1976). I did end up getting a nice blend happening between the NT2a and the PZM but in the end, I actually preferred the PZM on it's own.

Strange as it may seem, the AKG actually didn't blend as well as the NT2a did. I was not expecting that because the AKG is one of my favourite vocal mics and sounds warm and full (being an original CK12 capsule model). Even so, for this song, the PZM on it's own worked best and had a nice presence that enabled me to easily place the vocals in a prominent position without them being overpowering.
In your case, the PZM by itself captures (and probably accentuates at bit) the ensemble vocal feel of your tune, and maybe the closer mic somehow detracted from that? My first instinct for using a PZM would be for backing or ensemble vocals, though it always depends on what's right for the particular piece of music. I've used some fairly unconventional mic techniques resulting in "wrong" sounds, but they're nevertheless "right" for the music. So I always try to clear out my preconceptions and listen first before making any final decisions. . . .

Quote:
The synth sounds you made mention of are quite a mixture. The melodic sound under the vocals at the beginning of each chorus with the piano (and bass guitar in the second half of each chorus) is from AAS String Studio VS-2.
The ambient string sound in the middle bridge is from Night Flight Analog String Ensemble run through an Arts Acoustic Big Rock Phaser and Valhalla Shimmer and volume modulated with a JS Volume plugin using REAPER parameter modulation sidechained from the piano.
The synth sound effects in the middle bridge are from my Roland System 100 with the oscillators hard sync'd to each other and tweaked by hand then run through Valhalla Ubermod for the ping pong delay.
The synth solo at the end is from my Yamaha SY77 through an Arts Acoustic Big Rock Phaser and Valhalla Ubermod (which is then run through another Big Rock Phaser) and volume modulated from the piano track using REAPER parameter modulation on another JS Volume plugin.

In order to make the parameter modulated tracks sit better, I added a ReaDelay to the sidechain signal with some feedback to lengthen the envelope and release time of the modulation signal beyond the 5000ms max in the parameter modulation controls.

Overall mix reverbs are from Valhalla Room: a short one for the vocals and a longer one for the instruments. Vocals also run through the longer reverb but at a much lower level.
Well, the end result is very fluid and ethereal. I especially like what I'd call the sort of bell-like/flute-like sound in there, very "analog" for lack of a better term. . . .
beginwhereur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
tspring

Very nice recording. Your attention to detail in creating your synth parts comes through clearly and results in some very pretty sounds. Pretty far from the bluegrass-tinged gospel music that I grew up with in Alabama.

T
tspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:51 AM   #7
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginwhereur View Post
....In your case, the PZM by itself captures (and probably accentuates at bit) the ensemble vocal feel of your tune, and maybe the closer mic somehow detracted from that? My first instinct for using a PZM would be for backing or ensemble vocals, though it always depends on what's right for the particular piece of music. I've used some fairly unconventional mic techniques resulting in "wrong" sounds, but they're nevertheless "right" for the music. So I always try to clear out my preconceptions and listen first before making any final decisions. . . .
I think that's a pretty healthy perspective to take and often leads to new discoveries that work well.
The PZM was actually up close too. In fact, I had all three mics lined up with their capsules as close as possible to avoid phase problems. The combination worked but the PZM on it's own worked better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginwhereur View Post

Well, the end result is very fluid and ethereal. I especially like what I'd call the sort of bell-like/flute-like sound in there, very "analog" for lack of a better term. . . .
That sound is from the AAS String Studio VS2. I have only just purchased it and this is the first recording I've used it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspring View Post
Very nice recording. Your attention to detail in creating your synth parts comes through clearly and results in some very pretty sounds. Pretty far from the bluegrass-tinged gospel music that I grew up with in Alabama.

T
Thanks heaps for the feedback Tspring. Funny you mention Bluegrass. My birth dad (I was adopted at 7 weeks of age) is right into Bluegrass. He's a really good guitarist too.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #8
Jae.Thomas

Can't really get past the preaching, sorry mate.

Piano sounds great.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:19 PM   #9
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
Can't really get past the preaching, sorry mate.

Piano sounds great.
Appreciate you taking a listen even if not your cup of tea JBM. The lyrics were written about a group of supposed 'Christians' who lack all of the attributes of what it means to actually be a Christian. Basically, they lack love, compassion and mercy. Sad what they've become really. I know that group personally.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:39 PM   #10
hamish

Hi Dave, I also had a listen. I liked the honesty and naturalness of this piece, plus the fact that it is an extended length. In the end I like the bass best maybe, then all the nice synth layers the strings especially.

The vocals are quite unconventional. They do sit right out of the mix without being over loud, as you have said. They are ultra-clear, but I can't say that I enjoy the tone much, especially on the sharp plosive type sibilants there is quite a cold harshness. ). It sounds more like the effect of a very short delay (is it possibly the Early Reflections generated by this?)
Quote:
Overall mix reverbs are from Valhalla Room: a short one for the vocals
Anyway, good listen, I'm glad I got around to it.
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:14 PM   #11
Dannii

Thanks heaps for your valuable feedback here Hamish. Indeed the vocal ambience/delay is coming from that Valhalla Room patch. I'll go back and have another critical listen to that and perhaps tame the top end on the verb to see if that smooths things out a bit.

I've already done quite a few different mixes of this song so one more wont hurt!! You probably know the drill: too many mixes and you start to lose focus on certain things. The HF on that verb could quite easily have fallen victim to that.
It is always good to have another person who is willing to be critical (as you have) to gain further perspective that is easily lost when mixing alone.

Thanks again.
I'll let you know how I go with a possible remix.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:11 PM   #12
Dannii

Well, I guess I've just had an age old truth in the audio world proved true to me. Don't mix when you're worn out!!

It seems I might have underestimated the effects of the lack of sleep during the bushfire period we just went through here. During the start of January, I had very little sleep for days on end.
Even so, in my eagerness to get this new song out, I went ahead and did the mix anyway, despite the exhaustion.

I just went back and had a critical listen to this song after leaving it for a few days and I heard so many problems that I really wasn't expecting to hear! So much so that I went back and made some significant changes.

The offending reverb on the vocals wasn't even supposed to be on the vocals. I had inadvertently sent them to the drum room!! Hmmm... exhaustion makes one miss the obvious it would seem!!

As well as fixing that, I completely changed the low end dynamics and the EQ/compression on the bass guitar, removed some of the 2buss processing on the stereo image (which was creating some unwanted harshness), tweaked the 2buss EQ, tamed some of the out of control peaks on the kick drum and altered the EQ on the vocals now that the offending reverb issue has been resolved.

Overall, this is a MUCH better mix and is as it should've been in the first place.

Lesson learned: don't underestimate the time it takes to recover from extended periods of sleeplessness and DON'T MIX during those times no matter how enthusiastic one may be!!

To all who've had a listen and commented, thank you for taking the time to do so. If you care to, please re-download the track and have another listen. The link is the same as is the file name. If you have the old version still, rename it BEFORE you download the new mix.

Hamish, if you have the time, I'd appreciate your thoughts on this new mix. It was your previous post that prompted me to go back and redo things. Thanks once again for your feedback which is VERY much appreciated!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #13
Giano
Banned

I enjoyed listening, great track.
It´s hard to find tracks these days that are longer than 5 minutes AND that please your ears ;-)
Giano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #14
Dannii

Thanks heaps Giano. Much appreciate you taking the time to have a listen and comment. Glad you liked it.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #15
hamish

Quote:
Hamish, if you have the time, I'd appreciate your thoughts on this new mix. It was your previous post that prompted me to go back and redo things. Thanks once again for your feedback which is VERY much appreciated!
Hi Dave, I certainly will listen, but I'm busy today and I may not get time. By tomorrow afternoon though, I think safely I can say I will. I'll look forward to it!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #16
Dannii

Thanks again Hamish! No rush. I look forward to your thoughts on the new mix.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #17
hamish

Ha Ha!! Wow, what a difference! That lead vocal is more 'conventional' but still has quite an originality, I'm guessing that means that you have kept 100% your custom PZM?

It seems you have brought out the strengths of the female lead tone with compression, it has a kind of fatness now that is quite unique really.

I'm writing this just on the first listen (up to 4:20 now). So I'm not really aware yet of the bottom end changes so much. Anyways, I think it will have a wider appeal like this with the vocals right up.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:45 AM   #18
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish View Post
Ha Ha!! Wow, what a difference! That lead vocal is more 'conventional' but still has quite an originality, I'm guessing that means that you have kept 100% your custom PZM?
Indeed I did keep the PZM recording.
Quote:
It seems you have brought out the strengths of the female lead tone with compression, it has a kind of fatness now that is quite unique really.
I actually didn't add anything extra to the vocals in this particular mix. All I did with the vocal track compared to the previous mix is to remove the drum reverb and slightly adjust the EQ.
The vocals have had a very mild compression which I haven't altered since the first mix. Removing the drum room (which was never meant to be there anyway) from the vox makes the subtleties more evident.
Quote:
I'm writing this just on the first listen (up to 4:20 now). So I'm not really aware yet of the bottom end changes so much. Anyways, I think it will have a wider appeal like this with the vocals right up.
You'll probably notice the low end changes when you first hear the new mix of the instrumental sections. Then you'll notice it all the way through.
Basically, I 'widened' the spectrum of the bass part and controlled the sub bass dynamics (on bass and kick) using a multiband compressor to limit speaker cone excursion without destroying the dynamics. In other words, a fast attack on the frequencies below around 60Hz, medium release and ratio of around 1.5:1 with the threshold around the middle of the average level.
The upper bass frequencies have not been touched. That way, the punch and dynamics of the kick and bass can be kept.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:17 PM   #19
Dannii

Blah... Another mix...

After a number of critical listens to the new mix on various systems, I found one thing that consistently annoyed me. The piano had an EQ on it that sounded decent with the first mix but with the tweaks to the last mix, it made the piano sound muddy and somewhat veiled. I removed the EQ altogether and it sits MUCH better now.

The rest of this mix is the same as the last one aside from the piano fix. Given that the piano is an integral part of this song, even though this is a minor change, it makes a large difference to the feel of the song.

Once again, the download link and file name are the same. I have updated the mp3 ID tag with the date appended to the title though to more easily identify this as the newest mix (has 1st Feb 2015 added to the end of the ID tag title).

I think I am FINALLY happy with the mix!!! Whew!
Old 01-31-2015, 04:42 PM   #20
g4greg

K, Well, I'm not especially christian, but I'm not against it either... I'm just a Canadian dude who married the daughter of a buddhist monk.. And the values of peace, tolerance, forgiveness and mercy are quite important for me too

So I'll just critic the tune a bit, not it's contents,

The mix, overall, sounds AMAZING! I've picked up the habit of listening to songs through cheap headphones to see if they hold up well in the real world, and this songe does it. Very well. Everything is crystal clear, and sounds really nice. Your mic chooice works well, IMHO, as she sounds awesome and natural. Only critic is (your?) back vocals. They work well, but they are a tad too loud.. you actually bury her when you should be "lifting" her to the next level.

Structure..........Took me a while to find a way to formulate what was going in my head, and I'm not sure it will come out right. So I hope you will take it as it is: me giving my opinion on how I (and I underline I) think the song could be better.

Quite often, the piano and vocals are hitting the same notes, and follow the exact same melody....making it kinda redundant. I like the vocal phrasing, so how about sparsing out the piano? Play less chords (sayy just the dominant ones at the beginning of the measure, or something like that), and let HER dictate the melody? I think that would put more emphasis on vocals, and the piano would actually stick out more too, instead of just being behind the vocals.

just my 2c

Great tune, man
Old 02-02-2015, 10:45 PM   #21
tspring

The new mix is definitely an improvement. The synth sounds are still very pretty and the rest of the recording has been brought up to match their quality.

I know that the unison singing that is a part of the arrangement of the song you recorded is a common stylistic element of modern praise music, but I agree with g4greg that reducing some of the parallel movement in vocal parts and in instrumental parts might improve the arrangement. Where there is unison, I can't help but wish for harmony. Any chance that you could have the singers add harmony to what is now unison?

I must admit that even though I was surrounded by gospel music growing up, I enjoyed it mainly because my extended family would gather at my aunt's farm house in the Appalachian foothills to sing and play together. I have never sought it out just to listen. But one of the elements of the old gospel music that did appeal to me was the use of harmony, which in those songs was not always complex but was always closely sung. Many of those old songs I remember as much for the harmony as the melody. But now I am rambling...

T

Last edited by tspring; 02-02-2015 at 10:56 PM.
tspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #22
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4greg View Post
K, Well, I'm not especially christian, but I'm not against it either... I'm just a Canadian dude who married the daughter of a buddhist monk.. And the values of peace, tolerance, forgiveness and mercy are quite important for me too

So I'll just critic the tune a bit, not it's contents,

The mix, overall, sounds AMAZING! I've picked up the habit of listening to songs through cheap headphones to see if they hold up well in the real world, and this songe does it. Very well. Everything is crystal clear, and sounds really nice. Your mic chooice works well, IMHO, as she sounds awesome and natural. Only critic is (your?) back vocals. They work well, but they are a tad too loud.. you actually bury her when you should be "lifting" her to the next level.

Structure..........Took me a while to find a way to formulate what was going in my head, and I'm not sure it will come out right. So I hope you will take it as it is: me giving my opinion on how I (and I underline I) think the song could be better.

Quite often, the piano and vocals are hitting the same notes, and follow the exact same melody....making it kinda redundant. I like the vocal phrasing, so how about sparsing out the piano? Play less chords (sayy just the dominant ones at the beginning of the measure, or something like that), and let HER dictate the melody? I think that would put more emphasis on vocals, and the piano would actually stick out more too, instead of just being behind the vocals.

just my 2c

Great tune, man
Thanks heaps for such detailed feedback g4g. Much appreciated.
One of my earlier mixes actually did have my vocals lower in the mix but the singer (Lungisa is her name) actually liked my vocal part sitting with hers as a kind of duo so I altered the mix to suit.

I get where you're coming from regarding the piano part and vocals. I guess it comes down to taste and preferences in that area. I don't know if you've ever heard of Keith Green but he was a songwriter/pianist from the 70s & early 80s who has influenced and inspired me considerably. He tended to write with the piano doing similar things to the vocals and I guess I just picked that up because I really like his music.

Here's an example:

Thanks too for the compliments on the mix. I have done YET ANOTHER mix since though. This one fixes an imbalance in the low end. I have been re-organizing my studio and have been repositioning my monitors. During that time, I did this mix on the Auratones without the subs running and I overcompensated.
This newest (and hopefully final) mix was done with the subs running again which is how I've been mixing for the last 20 years. The bass should be much more in line with the rest of the mix now. Everything else is as before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspring View Post
The new mix is definitely an improvement. The synth sounds are still very pretty and the rest of the recording has been brought up to match their quality.

I know that the unison singing that is a part of the arrangement of the song you recorded is a common stylistic element of modern praise music, but I agree with g4greg that reducing some of the parallel movement in vocal parts and in instrumental parts might improve the arrangement. Where there is unison, I can't help but wish for harmony. Any chance that you could have the singers add harmony to what is now unison?

I must admit that even though I was surrounded by gospel music growing up, I enjoyed it mainly because my extended family would gather at my aunt's farm house in the Appalachian foothills to sing and play together. I have never sought it out just to listen. But one of the elements of the old gospel music that did appeal to me was the use of harmony, which in those songs was not always complex but was always closely sung. Many of those old songs I remember as much for the harmony as the melody. But now I am rambling...

T
You know, I actually agree with you on the harmonies. I might have to revisit this one and do ANOTHER mix!! I'm not that great a vocalist but Lungisa is. She's actually African (from South Africa) and has the stereotypical big, bold African voice. I might have a chat to her about the idea of doing some harmonies and I might even get bold enough to try some myself!!

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:45 AM   #23
flickervetigo

Quote:
...Keith Green ...
the railroad man

https://soundcloud.com/wadosy/the-railroad-man-3
flickervetigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:08 AM   #24
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickervetigo View Post
Not quite sure I get the link there? How does that relate to Keith Green?
Old 02-09-2015, 05:39 AM   #25
flickervetigo

Quote:
Keith Green?
ieith green apparently came up in the teagan era... that song is about Reagan

Reagan scared a lot of people into becoming deathwish Christians

we should make a distinction here between mainstream chhristians and rapture bunnies --deathwish christians who seem to think some kind of global catastrophe will make jesus come back

it gets kinda scary when you think about all those US air force officers Obama fired... all of them nuke commanders and the US air force academy is supposedly verky Christian-oriented...

who knows when somebody's gonna go off the deep end and give jesus a little jelp in starting the end times?

Last edited by flickervetigo; 02-09-2015 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:40 AM   #26
Dannii

I'm certainly not a 'deathwish Christian' and nor was Keith Green. I do believe what Jesus said in Matthew 24, Luke 17 and Luke 21 is true though.
I do not believe the doctrine of the pre tribulation rapture, nor does scripture teach that. That was only made popular over the last couple of hundred years (or less).

According to scripture, there will be a gathering together of the saints with Christ when He returns AFTER the tribulation period and that is often referred to as the 'post tribulation rapture', even though that exact term is not actually used in scripture.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:20 AM   #27
flickervetigo

thank you for clarifying your position

when I was a kid,i went to sunday school, local bible school. couple hours a day during the summer --for maybe one summer? ...cant remember-- but it didn't take

these radical Christians are jerked around by politicians...

it gets kinda sick when you see that the deathwish variety of Christian believes all jews will be exterminated or converted in the "end times", yet Israelis pander to deathwish chritians because they support israel

pretty sick situation

Last edited by flickervetigo; 02-09-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:26 AM   #28
flickervetigo

but i got to admit that Christianity is a useful tool for governance

if you can convince people to wait until they're dead for jstice, then they're more likely to endure all the injustice you can heap on them
Old 02-11-2015, 02:47 AM   #29
Dannii

I wouldn't want to be the one causing such injustices!! There'll be hell to pay... Literally!
Old 02-11-2015, 02:59 AM   #30
flickervetigo

Quote:
... There'll be hell to pay... Literally!...
well, that's the problem, isn't it?

what if the people causing the injustice don't believe in hell but are perfectly willing to exploit Christian's willingness to wait for justice?
Old 02-11-2015, 03:16 AM   #31
Dannii

Quote:
well, that's the problem, isn't it?

what if the people causing the injustice don't believe in hell but are perfectly willing to exploit Christian's willingness to wait for justice?
I guess either way, in this life, that won't be a problem for either the Christians being exploited or those dishing it out. It all comes down to who was correct AFTER we take our last breath. That is something I am not personally willing to take lightly.

I've actually been imprisoned for my faith here in Australia!! Seriously!
Regardless of being behind bars and in handcuffs, I had a HUGE smile on my face which completely baffled the prison guard! He couldn't figure out why someone who had been locked in prison and in handcuffs could be so happy!!!

The thing is, I really believe what Jesus said at the start of Matthew 5 about being persecuted for faith in Him.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:22 AM   #32
flickervetigo

Quote:
I've actually been imprisoned for my faith...
what did you do?

...that caused you to be arrested?
Old 02-11-2015, 03:40 AM   #33
Dannii

Quote:
what did you do?

...that caused you to be arrested?
I stood out the front of a hypocritical mega 'church' with a sign directed towards their leaders that said, "Why do you call Me LORD, LORD and do not do the things I say?"
That is a quote from Jesus in Luke 6:46.

In other words, I was arrested and imprisoned for holding up a sign with BIBLE SCRIPTURES on it outside a supposed CHURCH!!

That particular 'church' is one of the many that is only interested in exploiting the vulnerable to suck them dry of their money. Whether they (the congregation) are gullible or not (clearly most of them are), I hate seeing people exploited in such a manner, especially in the name of Christ.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:50 AM   #34
flickervetigo

Quote:
I stood out the front of a hypocritical mega 'church' with a sign...
apparently the megachurch has more juice than you do...

yu were interfering with the megachurch's function

that function is to pacify people so they'll be content to defer jstice

*shrug*
Old 02-11-2015, 03:53 AM   #35
Dannii

Quote:
apparently the megachurch has more juice than you do...

yu were interfering with the megachurch's function

that function is to pacify people so they'll be content to defer jstice

*shrug*
lol
Yeah sure seems that way!
Regardless, I got to know a few (now ex) members of that church and they have since left after recognizing the vast contradictions of the church leaders with the words of Christ. For the sake of those who are awakened and snapped out of their 'spell', it is WELL worth the prison time!!
Old 02-11-2015, 04:00 AM   #36
flickervetigo

Quote:
...WELL worth the prison time!!
I hate to be cynical about this, but "prison time" looks pretty good on your resume...

how long were you in prison?
Old 02-11-2015, 04:07 AM   #37
Dannii

Quote:
I hate to be cynical about this, but "prison time" looks pretty good on your resume...
I'm not really worried about that. No conviction was recorded anyway (see below).
Quote:
how long were you in prison?
It was just a day visit.

All the charges against me were dropped. I was not actually violating any laws. In fact, they were violating Australian laws by imprisoning me the way they did.
I could've launched a case against them if wanted to but I chose not to. Comes back to the old, "Vengeance is Mine says the LORD!"
Old 02-11-2015, 04:11 AM   #38
flickervetigo

Quote:
Comes back to the old, "Vengeance is Mine says the LORD!"
exactly my point
Old 02-11-2015, 04:16 AM   #39
Dannii

Quote:
exactly my point
Like I said, I take the words of Christ seriously. I'd rather those who had me imprisoned saw that I am serious about my faith and not a hypocrite like them. Perhaps their conscience will be pricked by my actions, perhaps not (most likely not actually). Either way, I'm not phased in the slightest and they can see that I am genuine.