Old 01-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
Mr. PC
Human being with feelings

Default New songs

Hey, I've been working on this one for a LONG time now, hope it's good

https://soundcloud.com/albert-mckay/song-46/

And here are some older recordings I found and uploaded today (I write songs, and then lose them in my computer).

https://soundcloud.com/albert-mckay/song-45
https://soundcloud.com/albert-mckay/song-27

(and feel free to check out everything else on my soundcloud)
Mr. PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:39 AM   #2
Jorgen

Oh man, this is ... something ,,, far out. I love it. The elephant, a flute? Genius.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:57 AM   #3
Jorgen

I'm on Song#43... and this before breakfast... morning meal... well, I be damned. Peer Gynt comes to mind... who are you, sir?

Lana del Rey? May ring a faint bell somewhere... some playlist... far out.

Ah, I just knew it... Satie... what a treat. And it keeps going...
marvellous.

I can't spell her name.. Ohm Kaltum? Colleague of mine told me about her... years ago... she had xxx in her handkerchiefs... She could go on for hours on stage, improvising... legend in the Arab world... chanteuse... even Dylan knows about her...

Thank you.

Last edited by Jorgen; 01-23-2015 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:40 PM   #4
bluetinstar

Mr PC ...........

This is WONDERFULL and Refreshing music !!!!

Thank you so much for sharing !!

Fred
bluetinstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:00 PM   #5
Giano
Banned

thatīs right up my alley, the best Music one can (generally) find here in this Forum :-)

Tell us a bit more. What plugins did you use ? at 6:19 it starts to get .... wow canīt find no words

https://soundcloud.com/giano-riff

Song 45 is unique, too and 27!!!...and...and... :-)

Are you a descendant of Charles Valentin Alkan ?

Last edited by Giano; 01-24-2015 at 01:45 AM.
Giano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #6
Cosmic

20 seconds in.

This is ASTOUNDING.

I am truly humbled by your mad skillz.

100% RESPECT
Old 01-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #7
Fergler

Wow.

This is like nothing I've ever heard before.

In the best possible way.

Amazing instrument sounds. Do you play all of those? The strings were more obviously fake but the bassoon was amazing!
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:21 AM   #8
g4greg

OMG, this is awesome!

I bow my head to the lowest point to your mad skills!
Old 01-28-2015, 09:32 AM   #9
Mr. PC

Wow, awesome compliments; thanks guys! I'll check out links later (at work right now).

I used LASS for the strings, and I use Altiverb (I used early reflections on individual tracks, or groups, and then a tail on the master track, with a Teldex impulse (which is my favorite impulse to date)).

I also used a voxengo EQ (which I like because they let me see the waveforms). I started using the HDR compressor, but honestly I don't know if I like it. I use the elephant limiter, but I think it'd not important for me which limiter, as I try not to let any sounds push 0db.

A quick intro. I was a pianist up until 2006, when I got a repetitive strain and dropped classical performing. I composed for a while, but just for myself, and was almost always unhappy with my products, so threw them away. I decided I'd rather write for myself, so do something else for money, so went into teaching. The problem is I have radical teaching philosophies and have a hard time conforming to school "standards", so at the moment I'm in Mexico teaching at a fairly progressive school (the kids are to some extend in charge of their own learning, and have limited democratic control).

Anyhow, I'd like to get out of schooling again, and start writing music; maybe for videogames or film. If I could make a profit entirely through the internet, then I'd have a location independent profit, and would start a "free school" in India, South America, or somewhere the school could benefit under-privileged kids.

I have an electronic album from a few years back, http://albertmckay.bandcamp.com/

but the songs I linked here are more in line with what I'm currently hoping to produce. To be honest, I'm not really ultra-fond of engineering, and would rather just compose, but I try to learn what I can about the tech side in order to get my compositions produced (and maybe I wouldn't be able to handle other people altering my music; who knows).

If there were some killer engineer who wanted to work with me however (and split profits 50/50, that might work really well.)

Oh, and the bassoon is my favorite instrument In university I wrote some bassoon septets for the bassoon master-class to perform.

Last edited by Mr. PC; 01-28-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: bassoon
Old 01-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #10
NKB

I agree with everyone above; you're music is amazing. At times it reminds me of some kind of mix of classical and 1960's avant garde jazz like maybe some of Charles Mingus' weirder stuff. Very nice.
NKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:13 PM   #11
Jorgen

Love it. Glad you find this place.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:02 PM   #12
msore

Superb. Inspiring. I cannot not listen.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #13
HugoRibeiroDotCom

Very impressive!!

cheers
HugoRibeiroDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:18 AM   #14
Giano
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. PC View Post
Wow, awesome compliments; thanks guys! I'll check out links later (at work right now).

I used LASS for the strings, and I use Altiverb (I used early reflections on individual tracks, or groups, and then a tail on the master track, with a Teldex impulse (which is my favorite impulse to date)).

I also used a voxengo EQ (which I like because they let me see the waveforms). I started using the HDR compressor, but honestly I don't know if I like it. I use the elephant limiter, but I think it'd not important for me which limiter, as I try not to let any sounds push 0db.

A quick intro. I was a pianist up until 2006, when I got a repetitive strain and dropped classical performing. I composed for a while, but just for myself, and was almost always unhappy with my products, so threw them away. I decided I'd rather write for myself, so do something else for money, so went into teaching. The problem is I have radical teaching philosophies and have a hard time conforming to school "standards", so at the moment I'm in Mexico teaching at a fairly progressive school (the kids are to some extend in charge of their own learning, and have limited democratic control).

Anyhow, I'd like to get out of schooling again, and start writing music; maybe for videogames or film. If I could make a profit entirely through the internet, then I'd have a location independent profit, and would start a "free school" in India, South America, or somewhere the school could benefit under-privileged kids.

I have an electronic album from a few years back, http://albertmckay.bandcamp.com/

but the songs I linked here are more in line with what I'm currently hoping to produce. To be honest, I'm not really ultra-fond of engineering, and would rather just compose, but I try to learn what I can about the tech side in order to get my compositions produced (and maybe I wouldn't be able to handle other people altering my music; who knows).

If there were some killer engineer who wanted to work with me however (and split profits 50/50, that might work really well.)

Oh, and the bassoon is my favorite instrument In university I wrote some bassoon septets for the bassoon master-class to perform.
Send your link and letter of application to Hans Zimmer (composer of soundtracks), he ought to engage you if has some good taste.
Similar to Robert Schumann I stopped playing piano as well, because I could not learn to play Chopin in a satisfactory way, Schumann
loved Chopin, but could not play Chopinīs first released piece Opus 2 haha I compare myself to Schumann haha
at least I havenīt damaged my fingers yet
Didnīt play any difficult pieces for more than 15 months and have uploaded some piano plugin reviews recently, well, some pieces
I forgot completely how to play, some I could play again after some minutes of exercise.
What piano do you use ?
50% share would be too much !! You compose, you arrange, you play and record - an engineer mixes
You make three and an engineer one thing, so 1/4 (25%) for the engineer !
Your planned projects sound great !

Last edited by Giano; 01-29-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Giano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:01 PM   #15
Mr. PC

3/4 1/4 share would be nice, and I guess I'd be putting in more time, but I'd really like to get a top of the line engineer (I guess I can still get that with a 1/4 share, and it's more important that the engineer enjoys / believes in the music's value than doing it simply for money. I wouldn't want someone who only likes rap to mix, for example).