Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-01-2010, 12:45 AM   #41
Dannii
Human being with feelings

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Hmmm... Aero is on and is pretty much default. See screen grab....

Thanks for the tip on Waves V5. I was getting the crashing upon load until I used shell2vst. So far, that seems to have fixed that issue. Besides, for the price of the WUP, I can buy Izotope Alloy and have full 64 bit support right now.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #42
airon

Yeah. Most of the plugins I use now have 64-bit versions as well. All the Stillwell plugins for example, nevermind the Reaper stuff itself.

How many counts of ransom payments would you be away from WUP'ing your bundles ? I run just one because I use them on dialogue editing and mixing sessions on an old XPsp3 PT 7.3.1cs6 system. I do love that RDeEsser and RComp though.

Btw, check out the JS plugins of Reaper. There are very good plugins hidden in that large stack of tools.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #43
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Yeah. Some of the plugs that come with Reaper sound decent and are very usable

At the moment, I've spent more than enough on plugins!! To be honest, I think I'd rather buy Alloy than WUP my Waves. I can always do that when they get their act together and release 64 bit versions (sounds like another company.....digi ..cough.... avid ...sneeze ....I know).

edit - on second thoughts, perhaps I don't need to WUP or buy Alloy. It looks like the inbuilt Reaper plugs might have those bases covered already

All the Waves plugs are showing and running fine under Win7 32 on my laptop so it seems to be a Win7 64 issue.

Last edited by Dannii; 04-01-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Dannii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #44
Lazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by moophone View Post
BTW for anyone (like myself who just switched to Reaper yesterday) who is wondering how to get WaveShell 5.7/5.9 (e.g. API/SSL) GUI working - just use shell2vst and it will show the GUI no problem. Without using shell2vst you just end up with a black screen for the gui.

What I did was copy the two waveshell dll's and shell2vst.exe to c:\ (outside the vstplugins dir), drop the 2 dll's onto the shell2vst.exe, then copy back the contents of the waves dir into a vstplugins folder and clear cache and rescan.
Decided to give it another shot and I got to work this time!!!

I cant tell how much I appreciated this info. Thank You So Much!
Lazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #45
ibewhoiam

Default Another Thing to think about

Even with all the tips about the registry or even running as an Admin I was definitely having problems with the VST's in a folder underneath the program files... good looks vassago.
1. convert the files with the shell2vst program
2. move files to a folder outside of the programs folders
3. rescan.

You should be good! Even if you run everything as an admin you are going to have problems. But if you move it from the Program Files folder you should be golden.

Note: it appears my previous projects don't recognize the modified dlls (after using the shell2vst), However the plugins work for future projects.
Thanks all for your help.
I
ibewhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:18 AM   #46
tommydee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanband View Post
Hey guys

If you have problems with Waves Millenium bundle not being picked up by Cubase 5 ( ie. receiving error - "Please reinstall Waves plug-ins in order to use Waveshell" )....

Go to your system where you installed the Waves folder - c:/programfiles/waves

Open the Millenium Read me file - it lists the name of every plug in dll that was installed into that same Waves folder.

Create a folder called waves on your desktop and COPY everyone of those dll files into it (about 90)

Then MOVE that folder into c:/programfiles/steinberg/cubase5/vstplugins

Open Cubase 5 ( ignore any error msgs) and refresh your plug in information from the drop down tool bar

All the waves plug ins should appear

This worked for me on Windows 7 64 bit with Cubase 5

Good luck!
Hi, jolanband!

Do you mean 32-bit or 64-bit version of Cubase 5? I have a problem specifically with 64-bit version (5.5.0) and seem not to be able to get Waves (NOT Millennium but Mercury Bundle) to work on it and on my Win 7 64-bit. And it actually does not prompt me to re-install anything. Cubase does thou seem to "scan" the Waves' plug-ins when starting up, but the whole Waves-folder is completely missing from the Plugings sub-folder under Audio..

Do you have any ideas? My e-mail is tommydee (at) welho dot com. I would so much appreciate the info!! Thanks in advance dude

-Tommy
tommydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #47
mushroomagical

Default Waves Mercury Bundle and Reaper

I got all my Waves plugins to work with Reaper (32 bit) running on a Windows 7 64 bit system. With Reaper 64x, some of the waves plugins worked, but not all.
mushroomagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #48
Anaon

Hello!

I received my new computer with Windows 7 64 bits and there's 6 go of ram.

I'm a bit lost about which version of Reaper to use. Actually, I installed the regular version but what do I miss with this version?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #49
lxm

All you need to do is use the shell-to-vst and you are golden.
lxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #50
Anaon

It sounds good but I don't even know what is the shell-to-vst

I do some search right now.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #51
lxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaon View Post
It sounds good but I don't even know what is the shell-to-vst

I do some search right now.

Thanks
gotta do some searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguytodd View Post
I found it here in the first post. I have not tried it yet though...
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2430859
lxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #52
Anaon

Thanks, I think I see what it is now but actually, all my plugins seem to work with Windows 7 and regular Reaper. But I wonder what do I miss then? Does the basic Reaper will use my 6 go of ram?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2010, 02:01 AM   #53
producer

Default Waves GTR3 /stereo-mono rack and Reaper x64

Hi
Guess I should have posted before, the description found in this tread, I actually did it 9-10 months ago, did not realize a lot of people had similar problems.
However, GTR3 stereo/mono rack does not work bridged under Reaper x64 (ok in x86). All other Waves plugins work.

What about you guys?

Producer
producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #54
Anaon

So it seems I can't use Reaper 64 as my Mtron plugin doesn't appear anywhere with Reaper 64, but it works with Reaper 32, so unfortunately, as it's my main plugin, I need to go back to Reaper 32 bits :/
Old 10-31-2010, 01:15 PM   #55
sumpm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuseburn View Post
I had terribly annoying problems with Waves on Win7 64 Bit and I finally found a solution !

- The user account control changes some things (coming from Win XP 32), but it's not that much: It's only relevant for older waveshells (5.0/5.2 etc, for all us Non-WUPers) which write their filter properties into the registry. These keys are located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Classes. Whenever you encounter the famous "could not find any Waves Plugins, reinstall...blabla" simply change the privileges of the "Classes" registry key. Users need to have full access (right click on "Classes" in regedit), at least during the plugin scan - otherwise C1, Q1, REQ etc. won't appear at all.
No need to install or run anything as an admin, just that single reg key ownership. UAC may be activated, no problems with that.

- Things might be quirky GUI-wise when using the original WaveShells. I had much better stable results using the famous shell2vst converter. Somehow I have to run shell2vst as admin to create the single wrappers. Move to vstplugins, clear cache and rescan plugin directory, done.

- The BIGGEST issue for me was: newer WaveShell GUIs (SSL, API) didn't appear at all, just black. I found out that my graphic adapter (Macbook Pro with X1600, Boot Camp 3, Snow Leopard, Win7 x64) didn't run anything OpenGL-related. While desperately trying to find a driver version which would let me run it, I accidentally ACTIVATED Aero again (I always turn off any graphic stuff, so my Win7 looked like Win2000) - and suddenly OpenGL worked. Turning off Aero seems to entirely disable 3D-/OpenGL support for GUIs.

So now I'm happily using Reaper x64 with Waves plugins !
Getting to this thread pretty late. But the registry quote above fixed things for me. It allowed me to get WaveShell 5.2 and 5.0 to work. Thank god!
sumpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:27 AM   #56
Outrance

Just want to say thanks for this thread!
Outrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #57
habernack

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer View Post
Hi
Guess I should have posted before, the description found in this tread, I actually did it 9-10 months ago, did not realize a lot of people had similar problems.
However, GTR3 stereo/mono rack does not work bridged under Reaper x64 (ok in x86). All other Waves plugins work.

What about you guys?

Producer

got the same problem - it works as a standalone but not as a VST in Reaper...
habernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #58
vondersulzburg

Default GTR3 64 bit

GTR3 is not running through a bridge not even V8. I tried it with REAPER, C6, and S1.

Still only running with win7 64 bit and 32bit hosts. According to the information of waves there will be 64bit Versions available fom end of march 2011. Hope that there will be a support by C6 and Reaper
vondersulzburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #59
ringing phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxm View Post
All you need to do is use the shell-to-vst and you are golden.
Doesn't work for me...doesn't create a folder...just comes up with a dos prompt window explaining what it does...but doesn't do it
Old 10-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #60
MelodicSol

Default Same problem

Well im having the same problem as some others. The plugs installed fine and they show up in reaper but as soon as i load one reaper locks up and my graphics adapter crashes/restarts leaving me closing things in the task manager and usually restarting my comp.

Tried running both x64 and 32 bit reaper. Tried changing compatibility mode.. tried with and without Aero running. Same problem every time Really sucks because without some good compressor plugs my vocal quality blows. Running win7 pro64.

If noone has a solution maybe someone can recommend some other quality vocal plugs? Thanks for any help
MelodicSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #61
maxdembo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tueftler View Post
YESSS! made it!
To all you guys who're still having trouble with installation, maybe this summary helps:

1. follow the steps fuseburn posted (this admin and registry stuff)

than:
1 - download and unzip this: http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/shell2vst.zip
2 - copy the extracted shell2vst.exe into the C:\Program Files\Waves\Waveshells folder (this just makes it easier to use)
3 - drag and drop each "WaveShell-VST x.x.x.dll" onto the shell2vst.exe
4 - that will create a folder C:\Program Files\Waves\Waveshells\Waves that contains all the plugins as DLLs
5 - Cut and paste this new folder into your vstplugins folder.
If there are already any waveshells in the vstplugins folder you should delete it/them.
(NB delete the waveshells placed in vstplugins NOT the ones in Waves\Waveshell otherwise there'll be a conflict).

First I didn't see that new Waves folder shell2.exe creates. But it is there! I don't know if its really necessary to uninstall and reinstall waves before all that. I did and it suddenly worked fine.

good luck!
Just found this thread. Perfect instructions, thank you. I'd been trying for the past half an hour to figure this out, this sorted it.

Thanks again.
maxdembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #62
Thuneau

I had trouble getting GTR Solo to work in Reaper 64 so I wrote to technical support with the error messages I was getting.
Here is the response I got this morning:

Dear Jan,

Thank you for your mail.
Waves is neither compatible nor supported with Reaper.
Please refer to the Tech Specs for more information.
Have a great day.
If you need further assistance feel free to contact us or visit www.Wavesupport.net

Best Regards,
Yaron Makler
Waves Technical Support Staff

I guess they don't care for the business they might get from this community.
Thuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #63
gmoneystudio

this fix it for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xNjfRkMuo
gmoneystudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #64
hirstmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuseburn View Post
I had terribly annoying problems with Waves on Win7 64 Bit and I finally found a solution !

- The user account control changes some things (coming from Win XP 32), but it's not that much: It's only relevant for older waveshells (5.0/5.2 etc, for all us Non-WUPers) which write their filter properties into the registry. These keys are located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Classes. Whenever you encounter the famous "could not find any Waves Plugins, reinstall...blabla" simply change the privileges of the "Classes" registry key. Users need to have full access (right click on "Classes" in regedit), at least during the plugin scan - otherwise C1, Q1, REQ etc. won't appear at all.
No need to install or run anything as an admin, just that single reg key ownership. UAC may be activated, no problems with that.

- Things might be quirky GUI-wise when using the original WaveShells. I had much better stable results using the famous shell2vst converter. Somehow I have to run shell2vst as admin to create the single wrappers. Move to vstplugins, clear cache and rescan plugin directory, done.

- The BIGGEST issue for me was: newer WaveShell GUIs (SSL, API) didn't appear at all, just black. I found out that my graphic adapter (Macbook Pro with X1600, Boot Camp 3, Snow Leopard, Win7 x64) didn't run anything OpenGL-related. While desperately trying to find a driver version which would let me run it, I accidentally ACTIVATED Aero again (I always turn off any graphic stuff, so my Win7 looked like Win2000) - and suddenly OpenGL worked. Turning off Aero seems to entirely disable 3D-/OpenGL support for GUIs.

So now I'm happily using Reaper x64 with Waves plugins !
I love you! This worked perfectly!

- Open RegEdit.exe
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes
- Right click the classes folder
- Choose "Permissions..." from the right-click menu
- In the list of "Group or user names" select "Users ([your PC name]\Users)"
- In the box that says "Permission for Users" click the checkbox for "Allow" next to Full Control.

That's the dummies version of how to fix the Waves VST shell won't load error.
hirstmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #65
SD-dave

Default Another frustrated Waves user

OK, I've been using Reaper for a couple of years (32 bit, Windows 7) on a Lenovo T520 laptop. I got into Waves a while back, and have had most of the problems described on this thread. I finally got Waves plug-ins to work using the supplied shell (I am now running Waves 9.2). The big problem I have is that after building up a project with lots of tracks, including folder tracks with sub-folders, I find that some of the Waves plug-ins don't display the GUI properly (black boxes).

I have tried shell2vst (no difference), running Reaper as administrator (even activated the built-in admin account with no success), turned on Aero experience in Windows, added user access to "Classes" key in regedit. None of these seem to work. On my large projects I see the GUI on many of the tracks, but when I get to the last tracks the GUI's don't appear. If I move those tracks to the far left side of the project, save and restart, then those tracks display the GUI properly.

I have removed all other plug-ins from my test project and still no luck. I have tried running the Waves plug-ins as separate processes and dedicated processes (as well as native only) - no luck so far.

Does anyone else have a similar issue, or a fix for this? As we know, Waves will no support Reaper (bad on them).
SD-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #66
SD-dave

Default Update from another frustrated Waves user

I should clarify the prior post - I'm running Windows 7 64 bit OS, but installed Reaper 32 bit version.
SD-dave is offline   Reply With Quote