Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 02-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #1
blumpy
Human being with feelings

Default Jerky Video playback after SubProjects

A few updates ago I started to notice video playback would become jerky. It plays for 15-16 frames, pauses 7 or 8 frames, jumps to the correct position, plays for 15-16 frames, pauses for 7-8 frames, jumps, plays........

The issue was intermittent and only seemed to happen after working on a project for some time. Then I started to notice it mostly, if not only happening, after I opened one or more subprojects. Then the video playback issues begin.

Observations once the issue start occurring:
Watching burn-in on 23.98 video. Upon hitting play I'll notice a one frame preroll which is normal. Within one second the video will pause, but it's not always on the same frame number. It could be 15 frames, it could be 23 frames, each time is different; Then every second, the video will pause for what looks like 7 or 8 frames then jump.

Once the issue begins it persists even upon close all projects and opening a project. Reaper must be quit then reopened to fix.

An interesting note, is that when slowing playback rate to .5, the pause is still every second in realtime. Meaning, I slow all playback to half speed, watch the burn-in and the video will play for 7 or 8 frames at half speed, pause for 3-4 frames, jump and play for 7 or 8 frames.

This is a fairly recent issue as of 2 or 3 updates ago.

This is on a Macintosh running Sierra. Latest OS, v5.33 Reaper 64bit
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote