Old 12-29-2016, 09:06 AM   #1
stoltenberg
Human being with feelings

Default jl cooper cs-10 <> reaper

hi.

i would like to integrate my old jl cooper cs-10 midi-controller in reaper (mac) and as input-device only, this is an easy task of course (actions and learn midi cc). unfortunately the cs-10 is not able to control its leds, it needs external sysex commands.
now I have experimented with osculator, oscibot, controller mate and bome, but none covers all protocols - either osc or sysex support is missing. at first i have searched in the forum and have found some contributions, but the solutions are offline, obsolete or working only with windows.

question: has anyone a patch or whatever for the cs-10 left on the desktop or in the archives? i would be very grateful for any solution or idea!

thank you
stoltenberg
stoltenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
LugNut

Hi,

Have you tried bomes and ,say, MCU csurf on reaper end? Don't know the cooper....but you can convert the MCU commands spit out from reaper into sysex..if you have the documentation of the cooper....that the cooper will understand. Has to bomesMidiTranlatorPro. Not extremely easy, but doable. No osc yet tho.
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
stoltenberg

yes, but mcu csurf seems to be the most difficult option for me(?) at least i could'nt figure out, if there is a mac-version yet and where to find the last version ...
so long osculator was the most attractive option (for me), i failed the »indirect« switching of the channel-leds only. (if track 2 is selected > led2 on > led1 & leds3-4 off etc.)
bome is also very flexible, but lacks osc-support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,

Have you tried bomes and ,say, MCU csurf on reaper end? Don't know the cooper....but you can convert the MCU commands spit out from reaper into sysex..if you have the documentation of the cooper....that the cooper will understand. Has to bomesMidiTranlatorPro. Not extremely easy, but doable. No osc yet tho.
stoltenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
LugNut

Hi,
I don't know much about osc. But it would seem the main problem is getting reaper to spit out the correct commands. Maybe u could use one of the templates people have made for the tablets and such..don't they spit osc?
If its about midi..I can help..if its osc..I'm out:-)
Yeah there no Mac klinke csurf yet..
Gl
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote