Old 12-31-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
SmajjL
Human being with feelings

Default Arrange, Loop, Stay! :)

So if you loop something short enough and play that you can make sounds that way or find or make cool sounds and all that with changing the loop points, wiiie, "analog" ..
So if I do that in the Arrange with snap off and mess around, REAPER will loose and let go of the loop While, I am tweaking the loop length with the mouse and continue playing, and I don't want that.

If I move the loop points right or left edge or the whole thing together does not matter.
And you have to do this a few sec for it to show up, in RS5K, this is not a problem and works.
The loop in the Arrange works of course as long as I don't do this, or the whole community would react..
Thought it was my mouse with a glitch.
Hope someone understand me, is what I say true or not? It's me isn't it?...
Or my mouse..
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 02:01 PM   #2
nofish

Is this what you mean ?
(Made really big loop here to show the point)

If so, hm I can see that's not wanted in your case (when experimenting with very small loops), but I think it's correct behaviour.

If I misunderstand, sorry, please clarify (or make a licecap ?).

edit:
Or maybe Preferences -> Seeking -> enable: "Seek on loop point change" could help ?
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:15 PM   #3
SmajjL

Yeah absolutely nofish! thanks for Licecapping it for me.
Seems to be the same as long as I am doing this, my user mouse activity and what i'm trying to do.
Nope, I tryed the seek-thing and smooth scrolling on/off out of desperation, nope, no luck.

So yeah, RS5K works but does not qualify as Live, only updates while let go of the mouse and, in the Arrange, it is live! instant results until the damn cursor decides to take a hike..

You might be right that it is normal intended correct behavior by design, but... do I look normal to you, I need this and want this, now!! hehe

Tone, must admit I have not tryed Shortcircuit or other stuff yet but I shall try stuff, yes sir!.
I would love to stay within REAPER of course *whine*
I'm sure this could be done Live Easy as a programmer? (optimist) and this is a good FR for both RS5K and REAPER if, this is not a settings-thing aka, my fault.
It must be Live or feel Live, not render or export though.

Thinking, if there is an action for the loop, should be, then, if anyone can try to assign that to a MIDI controller, maby a difference? long shot?.. I can't try that atm myself.
Just tryed Kontakt, but nooOooOoo..I will try Shortcircuit and also, saw a tip of something called Grace.
What the heck, REAPER arrange is So Close, maby a buffer tweak so it can hold it's breath longer? (award winning imagination)

Anyway, thanks for the support, if I find out anything new I shall let you know!

Old 12-31-2016, 09:41 PM   #4
SmajjL

The problem was Me... about our RS5K, what a schmoo... I am..
I was critiquing Media Explorer..... RS5K can even modulate, learn, show in track controls and all you expect.. the start, end... of, the, loop and I might have hurt RS5K's feelings... I am sorry so bad!!

But the arrange thing, is still valid.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:36 AM   #5
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post
Nope, I tryed the seek-thing and smooth scrolling on/off out of desperation, nope, no luck.
Hmm..the play cursor should always go back into the loop when this is on.

Is it not so for you ?
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #6
SmajjL

Hey nofish, A "workaround.. to get the play cursor stay within the loop range...

I even tryed to mess little with pref/seek'stuff but no luck, don't even know if a restart of REAPER is required.
I am OK having RS5K doing this though, this is a nitpick now I think, principle/curious.
Got Licecap installed though.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:21 AM   #7
SmajjL

Thank you for the support you fine peoples.