Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 03-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
philper
Human being with feelings

Default Copy+paste item automation (plugins and levels)?

I need a suggestion on how to accomplish the following: in sound-cutting a documentary film there are often interviews with not-great sound, which I work over with EQ and etc to optimize for the mix. An interview subject might appear for a bit near the start of a film, and then part of the same interview might pop up 30 min down the line. Since the films I work on often have a little bit of dialog from a large number of people, I’d like to avoid having separate tracks for every scene. Thus by the time the speaker mentioned above comes up the 2nd time, there may have been several other speakers on that same track in between. What I’d like to be able to to do is copy all the plug-in settings and fader-automation settings from the first instance of that speaker to all subsequent ones, even if they aren’t on the same track. Is this possible? I figured out how to sort of do this re: EQ by having several ReaEQs on the track with different settings and bypassing all but the one I want at that point, but that’s a little confusing (all the bypass traces are the same color) and I need to be able to use other plugs as well, like multiband dynamics etc that have a great many parameters. So….copy+ paste item automation…..how? thanks
philper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:46 PM   #2
insub
Human being with feelings

Reaper User Guide
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/userguide.php

7.10 Item Take FX

on page 129
insub is offline   Reply With Quote