Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 03-26-2017, 10:20 AM   #1
brispence
Human being with feelings

Default UMC404HD - Inputs Suddenly Not Selectable

HI folks,

I've been using the Behringer UMC404HD audio interface for a couple weeks now with no problems then, for apparently no reason (i.e., nothing I did that I know of...) Reaper no longer lets me choose the inputs when trying to record. Sound it being transmitted to Reaper but I'm not selecting which input is sending it. Don't know if that makes sense or not Device is set up and seems to be recognized. Drivers are all up to date and I've tried all combos of uninstalling and reinstalling both drivers and Reaper to no avail. Any ideas? Using Windows 10. Screenshots of Audio device settings window in Reaper and Behringer audio control panel for the interface attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png untitled.png (45.3 KB, 881 views)
File Type: png untitled2.png (7.4 KB, 396 views)
File Type: png untitled3.png (9.2 KB, 575 views)
File Type: png untitled4.png (10.2 KB, 619 views)
File Type: png Untitled5.png (25.6 KB, 421 views)
brispence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
solger

Welcome to the Reaper Forums!
Make sure to check out the User Guide in general: http://www.reaper.fm/userguide.php

Screenshot 5 shows the menu for the input monitoring (which is not the same as the track input): http://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#iLC1HjLXLd0
Also in Screenshot 5 you can't see the track input field (as seen in the video). So click and drag the right and bottom edge of the track panel to make it bigger ...

Last edited by solger; 03-26-2017 at 11:03 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
brispence

Thank you! That was great advice! I was indeed looking at the monitoring drop down. I must have resized the track controls a bit too much which caused the input drop down to disappear. I had watched Kenny's video several times but going to it once more allowed me to see that his track control box (for lack of a better term) looked a bit different, so I dragged the edge of one of my tracks and there it was!

Appreciate the help! I'm a much happier man now!
brispence is offline   Reply With Quote