Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 02-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
intoxicat
Human being with feelings

Default libzzub or tracker pattern support

Hi,

I know it will be too much to ask but now that midi and audio support are both very feature rich, how about adding support for a tracker style pattern? (with a wavetable, of course) or... perhaps implement support for libzubb plugs (http://trac.zeitherrschaft.org/zzub/). It would be so nice to be able to load a buzz compatible tracker (or any plugin, there are several hundreds of them) in reaper. It probably would be the only audio/midi sequencer package out there with this feature. I know a load of peeps who would never stop drooling if libzzub support was added toghether with a simple wavetable ( a la jeskola buzz) and tracker pattens in the sequencer.

Please...
tox

Last edited by intoxicat; 02-24-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typ-o
intoxicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
Paul Eye

Buzz machine support in REAPER? Now that would be sweet
Imagine...all the gear we're so used to (ab)using at our disposal...

*drool*
Paul Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

I don't know what is libzubb, but i am very favorable of Buzz efx made available in Reaper !
It looks like there are many very nice stuff in Buzz Efx.
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:19 AM   #4
intoxicat

libzzub is an open-source library for loading buzz plugs... buzz support with a tracker pattern interface would really make reaper unique amongs multi tracker software...
intoxicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:31 AM   #5
Paul Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic View Post
It looks like there are many very nice stuff in Buzz Efx.
Not just effects. There are loads and loads of nice synths in there as well
Paul Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
asharin

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicat View Post
how about adding support for a tracker style pattern?
I would love to see this implemented. I've always used trackers for my music, in fact I still use Modplug Tracker. I actually export the tracks as wav files and import into reaper for any additional effects and mixing heh. Modplug is a tracker that has VSTi support, I don't use samples anymore, just VSTi's.
If Reaper had a 'Tracker Pattern' style editor for entering notes etc, I could move away from modplug totally. Get's tiresome doign the way I currently do.
asharin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #7
airon

I asked for this (tracker type of editor for entering notes) a couple of times from Steinberg.... I dunno, 10 years ago.

I started out making music on trackers too and was truly shocked to see how slow entering notes in a matrix editor in Cubase was (when Cubase 3 was happening).

It's not a substitute for the matrix editor. It's just a quantized, column based top-down list way of entering fresh notes. It's damn fast, and yeah I'd love to be able to do what I did in Protracker,Fasttracker2 and Impulsetracker.

And it's easy to implement. Modplug tracker has an open source tree version going, and then there's a true Impulsetracker clone with Chibitracker at http://chibitracker.berlios.de/ . GPL'ed source code too.

I'm wondering what Justin and Christophe are up to in the MIDI department though. Right now, I'm still puzzling out how to play a damn thing with a MIDI keyboard. I find setting up a quick playing environment very hard. Cubase is easier, Logic is real easy, Protools is a bit less easy. I have to actualy RTFM on this !

Btw, one of the reasons I got Reaper is that I love to mix tracker songs. I use XMPLay for this to export a complete playout per instrument. If anyone wants a mixed version of Starshine/Purple Motion let me know .

Last edited by airon; 05-01-2007 at 11:41 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #8
asharin

and as an example of how it looks, for those who don't know here's a screenshot:
http://z0mg.myzen.co.uk/modplgtrker.jpg

Ignore the plugin over the top, this is the only screenshot I have to hand as I am at work, I'd uploaded this to show some friends how i make my music
And yes, I still use modplug along with reaper as I said above, cos I am just so used to this style of input.
asharin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
jba

+1!!!

i've been using buzz for a decade. reaper supporting buzz machines and with a pattern editor would be the craziest, coolest thing ever!
jba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:24 PM   #10
jba

here's a shameless bump from my last post. but, seriously--supporting buzz machines would open reaper up to so many options. imagine the included jesusonic plugins multiplying by 30 and you might get a clue about the added value to reaper. of course, the original plugin developers who made these amazing plugins should be acknowledged and given credit (unlike some other companies who have not done this in the past *cough*fruity*cough*loops). the buzz community is still at it making some amazing plugins for buzz and its clones. here's a link to some of the many plugins which have been released AFTER development of the original program (Jeskola Buzz) ended. since buzz seems to be heading in an "open source" direction i would think implementing buzz machine support would not be very difficult. adding a tracker-style note input machine function would be too freakin' cool, and unique for a mainstream DAW program. buzz is great because it has unique machines and it is modular. i also get a similar positive feeling from the reaper community that i saw (and still see) in the buzz community. these kindred spirits need to link up and join forces!
jba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #11
sebas777

+1 for buzz machines, too.
sebas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:37 AM   #12
caleb

To tell you the truth, if Cockos were going to implement pattern sequencing, I'd prefer it to be an extension of the existing piano roll editing. Just a personal opinion - don't kill me.

By the way - isn't there a tracker VSTi plug-in out there at the moment? It's not free I don't think, but I got the impression it was gaining respect.

No contest on the inclusion of other plug-in formats like buzz, mfx whatever. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Regards
Caleb
Old 02-19-2008, 03:34 AM   #13
ekral

Default tracker pattens

Hi,

I also like tracker patterns, because it is for me much more faster to enter notes with keyboard and not with mouse. And I also think more in notes and not in positions on keyboard.

++1

Erik

PS:
I think that a good example of how it could look like in Reaper sequencer is Aldrin:
http://trac.zeitherrschaft.org/aldri...rinScreenshots

Last edited by ekral; 02-19-2008 at 03:41 AM.
ekral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #14
terence

Quote:
Hi,

I also like tracker patterns, because it is for me much more faster to enter notes with keyboard and not with mouse. And I also think more in notes and not in positions on keyboard.
tracker patterns in reaper could change the workflow of many ppl.
terence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #15
bugg

Wow, it's been a LONG time since I've seen a sequencer like FastTracker 2 or ImpulseTracker! I'm talking DOS days...

I actually thought Buzz had died years ago as well, what a surprise!

Thanks for bringing back old (good) memories, and making me aware that this stuff was still around!

++1 to Tracker Pattern Support

Last edited by bugg; 02-21-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: (forgot my ++1)
bugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:41 AM   #16
One flew over

Although it would be cool to have, it comes way down on my most wanted list. There are simply way too many other features/bug fixes I'd like to see implemented before something like this.
Also, there are VST tracker plugins like ReViSiT.
One flew over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #17
robotich

I don't see it coming soon but ++1 for this!
robotich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #18
NAS

Tracker plugins like Revisit are cool but erm Revisit crashs the crap out of Reaper
Definatly something i would like but i dont see it happening

NAS
Old 03-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #19
TonE

Is only 0.2.4 of libzubb supported with buzevst? Rest crashing reaper?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote