Old 05-16-2017, 05:18 AM   #3121
saastara
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Oh, seeing MIDI learn and MIDI out implemented also peak my interest. (also in the hope of getting MIDI parameter feedback working). Thanks.

Just downloaded the latest version from GitHub to try.
Sending MIDI out to my BCR works fine so far (I see the LED's moving) but when I try MIDI learn, nothing seems to happen. Shouldn't there appear a pop up window or am I doing something wrong ?

Nofish, how is your BCR set up? Just usb and as a standard midi controller from Reaper? Or is midi routed from a physical midi out port in to the BCR?

Does the feedback update on the midi controller if you change tracks from normal track selection? How about inside Stripper?
saastara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:11 AM   #3122
RJHollins

Hi lb0,

I have several 'MEM' buttons assigned to GAIN parameters.

I was looking to use a MACRO button, to GROUP assign, all these MEM buttons
to, in order to have a single, global, toggle control.

For some reason, after assigning the MACRO, the GAIN knobs jump to both extreme positions. The individual MEM's are all working.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this possible ? Feature would be sooo nice to have.

thx

---- EDIT ---

I should note, I've used the same technique assigning multiple BYPASS buttons to a single MACRO ... works flawless.

seems only a problem with MEM button ?!?
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #3123
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Hi lb0,

I have several 'MEM' buttons assigned to GAIN parameters.

I was looking to use a MACRO button, to GROUP assign, all these MEM buttons
to, in order to have a single, global, toggle control.

For some reason, after assigning the MACRO, the GAIN knobs jump to both extreme positions. The individual MEM's are all working.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this possible ? Feature would be sooo nice to have.

thx

---- EDIT ---

I should note, I've used the same technique assigning multiple BYPASS buttons to a single MACRO ... works flawless.

seems only a problem with MEM button ?!?
Mem buttons have their handling code at a higher level to the code which sets the parameters for the Macros - as do many of the 'special' controls. I'll have to see what's possible without losing efficiency. The bypass buttons work simply because Button types are set in the same way as normal knobs using the lower level parameter code.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:13 AM   #3124
dasombre

RJ, I think this one is for you... if I remember correctly you were looking for a way to have "categories" with the RCM-button, right?

I figured this one out, and we can have categories: did you know that we can have multiple RCMs connected to the same ReaControl-Midi?

Solution is to make several "switcher"-pages and name them like the category you want. Put a RCM into each switcher page. And into those RCMs you put the programs you want. Thats it.

So first you choose your category/switcher-page (which brings up the according RCM-button) and then load your program via RCM.

I have this working already and it is great.

Ib0 made an amazing gem with this one
Huuuuge thanks!

Hope this helps.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:53 AM   #3125
RJHollins

Hi dasombre,

I need to study what you've just posted regarding cat/switcher pages.

There are still several features that I've not gotten to with LBX. More things yet to figure out.

Still ... thanks for the post. Hope I can figure it out !
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:35 AM   #3126
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Yep - will add

Done.

When I say done - I mean it's done for the current selected track. Will have to see if I can get it to work on multiple tracks - but this is likely going to eat up much more CPU.
Works, thank you.

I'd be interested to test how it behaves on multiples tracks if you get around to implement it.

btw., you just implemented (in a way) a long long standing FR, thanks again for this.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=70729

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=94384
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:10 AM   #3127
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by saastara View Post
Nofish, how is your BCR set up? Just usb and as a standard midi controller from Reaper?
Yes.

Quote:
Does the feedback update on the midi controller if you change tracks from normal track selection? How about inside Stripper?
When reading automation the BCR updates fine depending on track selection.

What doesn't work currently is updating when there's no automation involved.

E.g. when I do below and have both 'Lo Freq' assigned to the same rotary, I first have to touch the knob in Stripper (at 0:05 in the gif), only than the rotary gets updated.

@lb0:
Would it be possible to get auto-update on track selection working ?

side question:
How can I place the knobs for the two ReaEq instances at exactly the same place (to avoid the 'jumping' seen in the gif. Couldn't figure out this one yet.)
Old 05-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #3128
timbralzoom

switch to Edit/Strip mode and re place the strip

timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:41 AM   #3129
saastara

Quote:
Yes.

When reading automation the BCR updates fine depending on track selection.

What doesn't work currently is updating when there's no automation involved.

E.g. when I do below and have both 'Lo Freq' assigned to the same rotary, I first have to touch the knob in Stripper (at 0:05 in the gif), only than the rotary gets updated.
Okay, as I expected.. So the workaround (and I've been toying with this idea before), would be to have every effect parameter touched send automation data on the backround, but even with some scripting that would be a rather cumbersome workaround, and I suspect also quite resource heavy on larger projects.

It's quite the pity that we even have to have this discussion in 2017 running V5 of the software.

As a sidenote, I'm contemplating on moving towards Mixbus for mixing and using Reaper just for production. Reaper is a mighty fun and endless sandbox of possibilities, but with midi feedback, post fader-sends, better stability and now lua scripting, Mixbus is starting to look like the good choise for me personally.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #3130
lb0

Quote:
Yes.

@lb0:
Would it be possible to get auto-update on track selection working ?
Yep - should be possible as an option. When tracks change it will just need to loop through all controls on new track and send any midi out for those that have it set up. Should be easy enough to add. Will make it a setting so optional - as not everyone will be using this feature I guess.

Not tonight though... exhausted.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:52 AM   #3131
saastara

Quote:
Yep - should be possible as an option. When tracks change it will just need to loop through all controls on new track and send any midi out for those that have it set up. Should be easy enough to add. Will make it a setting so optional - as not everyone will be using this feature I guess.

Not tonight though... exhausted.
Take care of yourself, no need to exhaust yourself for a script.. Your efforts are greatly valued here.

But what you mentioned got me thinking.. Could midi feedback for controllers be implemented with scrolling through automation data?

My logic was something in line with: "change the track ---> script automaticly goes through / creates automation data of every used and learned parameter ---> sends midi data out to the controller ---> script hides / erases the created automation data ---> user uses the controller for mixing ---> repeat ---> ? ---> profit.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:07 AM   #3132
nofish

Quote:
Take care of yourself, no need to exhaust yourself for a script.. Your efforts are greatly valued here.
I second that.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:44 AM   #3133
lb0

Quote:

But what you mentioned got me thinking.. Could midi feedback for controllers be implemented with scrolling through automation data?

My logic was something in line with: "change the track ---> script automaticly goes through / creates automation data of every used and learned parameter ---> sends midi data out to the controller ---> script hides / erases the created automation data ---> user uses the controller for mixing ---> repeat ---> ? ---> profit.

Thanks - I'm good though - was just a long day and with several things on the go - needed some sleep!

Well - the script has no knowledge of learned parameters - as the midi learn through the script doesn't work - and anyway - all it tried to do was open the Reaper MIDI Learn window - so again - no feedback to the script.

But - the script does know what controls you've set up to output midi - so On track change -> loop through all script controls - if midiout set up - send midi values (except for midictl controls - as these are purely for external hardware control anyway - so changing track wouldn't affect their values).

This should work as you want if I understand correctly.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:03 AM   #3134
saastara

Quote:
Thanks - I'm good though - was just a long day and with several things on the go - needed some sleep!

Well - the script has no knowledge of learned parameters - as the midi learn through the script doesn't work - and anyway - all it tried to do was open the Reaper MIDI Learn window - so again - no feedback to the script.

But - the script does know what controls you've set up to output midi - so On track change -> loop through all script controls - if midiout set up - send midi values (except for midictl controls - as these are purely for external hardware control anyway - so changing track wouldn't affect their values).

This should work as you want if I understand correctly.
Now this is getting mighty interresting.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #3135
dasombre

ohlala, there is a new update (today, an hour ago)
May I ask what is new or has changed?

Another little Q:
On a new Strip, I'm getting an "Erk" message when dragging it in, but the strip seems to work ok. What could this mean? And how do I get rid of this "Erk"-message?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #3136
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
ohlala, there is a new update (today, an hour ago)
May I ask what is new or has changed?

Another little Q:
On a new Strip, I'm getting an "Erk" message when dragging it in, but the strip seems to work ok. What could this mean? And how do I get rid of this "Erk"-message?

Thanks in advance.
Aaah - the first Erk message!! I'll need to check why it does that - was ages ago that I added that and I can't remember what it's about.

The update has two new settings - both quite specific functions.

The first - touch indicator one - is for a specific use - when using with a touchscreen - and using buttons - it's a way to trigger an AutoHotKey script (specially written) - to trigger sending the mouse pointer back to it's previous location. So not much use for most people - but needed for some extra work I'm helping someone out with. Just leave it off and you won't notice any difference.

The second - is a setting to enable automatic sending of all control midi feedback data when changing track and page. Useful for those with certain types of midi controllers that receive feedback like the BCR2000.

Not the global page yet I'm afraid - that's a bigger task than I've had time for this week.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #3137
dasombre

Quote:
Aaah - the first Erk message!! I'll need to check why it does that - was ages ago that I added that and I can't remember what it's about.
Not the global page yet I'm afraid - that's a bigger task than I've had time for this week.
thank you very much for the info
So I will just ignore the "erk" for now I guess, I was afraid that something is wrong with my strip
No worries and please no hurry with the global page. I'm thankful when it comes, but till then I'm rocking the stripper as it is anyway
There are still a loooot of strips on my to-build-list in the meantime...
Old 05-19-2017, 12:07 PM   #3138
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
thank you very much for the info
So I will just ignore the "erk" for now I guess, I was afraid that something is wrong with my strip
No worries and please no hurry with the global page. I'm thankful when it comes, but till then I'm rocking the stripper as it is anyway
There are still a loooot of strips on my to-build-list in the meantime...
The erk's are caused when dragging in a strip - it regenerates all the control ids to ensure that none are duplicated. You get the erk message if a snapshot value cannot be matched with a new control as it has no record of it.

Would you mind emailing me your offending strip file so that I can see if I've missed something (it might be a particular control type added recently that caused this maybe).

But you might find some of your snapshots may not recall correctly if you get this messsage.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #3139
dasombre

Quote:
The erk's are caused when dragging in a strip - it regenerates all the control ids to ensure that none are duplicated. You get the erk message if a snapshot value cannot be matched with a new control as it has no record of it.
ahhh, good to know I will check the controls and subsets later (could be that exactly this is the case here as I resaved the strip a few times and added subsets then some further controls) and e-mail it if I can't get rid of it.

Thank you very much.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #3140
nofish

Quote:
The second - is a setting to enable automatic sending of all control midi feedback data when changing track and page. Useful for those with certain types of midi controllers that receive feedback like the BCR2000.
Appreciated, thank you.
Will test and report back.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:58 PM   #3141
lb0

Quote:
Appreciated, thank you.
Will test and report back.
thanks - let us know how it goes
Old 05-24-2017, 10:24 AM   #3142
timbralzoom

let's heat up here a little

was trying to create 16 tap ReaDelay Strip
created a Cycle Knob for the Length (musical)
0-0,25-0,50-0,75-1-1,25-1,50-1,75-2--...to 8 so 33 steps.
and duplicated this Cycle Button for all taps and replaced them...
there was a strange thing:
for example when i set one tab to 3,50 and want to set one of the others to different value...
all knob values was always start the value that i set for last knob.

after restart the Reaper its gone...
plus i just tried in the fresh project and it seems no need to restart Reaper,
just close and re open the Stripper window also fixes this.

to me not so important anymore, just want to share.

EDIT
for one more:
did i miss something?

Last edited by timbralzoom; 05-24-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:38 PM   #3143
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
let's heat up here a little

was trying to create 16 tap ReaDelay Strip
created a Cycle Knob for the Length (musical)
0-0,25-0,50-0,75-1-1,25-1,50-1,75-2--...to 8 so 33 steps.
and duplicated this Cycle Button for all taps and replaced them...
there was a strange thing:
for example when i set one tab to 3,50 and want to set one of the others to different value...
all knob values was always start the value that i set for last knob.

after restart the Reaper its gone...
plus i just tried in the fresh project and it seems no need to restart Reaper,
just close and re open the Stripper window also fixes this.

to me not so important anymore, just want to share.

EDIT
for one more:
did i miss something?

Aaah - yeah - wondered when someone would notice that!! It's been there the whole time - but I've kind of ignored it because I knew of the fix (which you do too).

Basically - when settings are duplicated across controls - I took a shortcut with the more complex cycle data table - instead of copying each individual value within the table to another table - I simply assigned each cycle data entry for each control to the same table. Therefore any changes made to one - will echo into the others. :| Not proud I know, I should hang my head in shame!

That is UNTIL you save and restart the script. Reloading loads each controls cycle data into it's own new table. Issue fixed!

Now someone's noticed I will fix... not right now though - tired after a long day!

EDIT:

Re your graphic - yes - there are a few minor glitches with the names for cycle data. I can't quite remember how it all works - so when I get some more time I'll sit down and work it all out and hope to fix that.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #3144
timbralzoom

Busted ... can hide but can't hide (edt...escape of course)
joking apart:
Take a great rest to full charge,
absolutely nothing to hurry & nothing urgent/important here!

EDIT2:

Rea DELAY 16x ShareStrip
http://stash.reaper.fm/v/30812/2017_REA-DELAY16x.zip

poor demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu88...ature=youtu.be

EDIT3:
is this possible or worth to effort?:
Subset Randomize use Cycle Button States instead of original values of the parameter...
for example in this case, just randomize 33 Cycle Button States of the Length controls?

Last edited by timbralzoom; 05-25-2017 at 05:55 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM   #3145
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Busted ... can hide but can't hide (edt...escape of course)
joking apart:
Take a great rest to full charge,
absolutely nothing to hurry & nothing urgent/important here!

EDIT2:

Rea DELAY 16x ShareStrip
http://stash.reaper.fm/v/30812/2017_REA-DELAY16x.zip

poor demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu88...ature=youtu.be

EDIT3:
is this possible or worth to effort?:
Subset Randomize use Cycle Button States instead of original values of the parameter...
for example in this case, just randomize 33 Cycle Button States of the Length controls?
Nice work ! I'll look into randomizing the cycle controls - should be pretty easy to add
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #3146
timbralzoom

Quote:
Nice work ! I'll look into randomizing the cycle controls - should be pretty easy to add
sounds exciting

i was trying to create 16 Ch stereo JS mixer,
modified an old one
(FX_Chain_Mixer_Stereo, Xackley 04-25-2008...have no idea where/when did i get this)
not even close to perfect but might be useful at some point for someone.

zip file contains modified JS and also "LBX-WigMCVUMeter"..just in case.

http://stash.reaper.fm/v/30817/Xackl...tereoMixer.zip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaf1...ature=youtu.be