Old 02-25-2017, 09:29 AM   #1
ProfSound
Human being with feelings

Default MacBookPro TouchBar 2016

Is anyone using the MPB TB 2016 successfully with an audio interface?

It is not working for me!

Drop outs, noise, pops, clicks...
ProfSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:19 PM   #2
hermitcrab

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I asked on the rme forum if the new usb-c MBP's work fine with my rme usb interface as was thinking of making the switch.

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=24614

As you can read the rme moderator mentioned apple or intel need to sort out a basic usb-c issue and there was nothing they could do about it from their ( rme ) end. Some people seem to be doing fine with it and some have had more success with different brands or type of adapters ( ? ).

If you have reaper optimised in preferences ( audio>device>block size - e.g. not 13 samples whilst using many vsti's ? and audio>buffering>settings - not turned off anticipative fx or different auto / reading processing threads than recommended i.e. 4 for quad core ) and latest interface drivers ( do they support / are they compatible with latest apple OS ? Sierra ? ) and its not being caused by a 3rd party plugins ( ? ) then i fear it is on apples side. Hopefully an OS update will fix it but i am not sure a basic usb-c issue ( hardware ? ) can be resolved this way.

The usb-c problem needs resolving anyway so please let apple know ( the more people the better ) :
http://www.apple.com/feedback/ and go to genius bar or file a bug report.

and let us know how you get on.

Last edited by hermitcrab; 03-03-2017 at 04:13 AM.
hermitcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:50 AM   #3
ProfSound

Default macbook pro touch bar 2016!

I finally dumped the macbook pro touch bar 2016!

The situation with apple is getting rather frustrating. Little 3-rd party support, Apple store and iCloud forced upon us, no Flac support, no tagging of non-apple music files, poor software support and numerous other constraints. iTunes is aggravating, Logic needs too many resources, Sierra chews up the hard drive...

Anyway I am back to macbook pro retina. At least that works with 48kHz.
ProfSound is offline   Reply With Quote