Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 03-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
torpor
Human being with feelings

Default Where is information stored when I installed Reaper?

Yes I'm serious. And my question has nothing to do with a purpose of long-term using Reaper without paying for it.

I attach great value on data hygiene. So I always avoided trial software that is saving the information when I installed it anywhere hidden on the volume. Call me a control freak but I want to control what's going on with the volumes I'm running all my music production stuff on.

On the first look Reaper fits perfect for my demands because it has not this enormous installation routine putting countless files into countless folders like other DAWs do during installation.

If I am not mistaken Reaper safes the information when I installed it the first time understandably invisible and it will be there 'till the end of time' to ensure that I'm not utilizing the test period multiple times.

Is there a possibility to delete this file (okay, I understand that the answer to this question benefits piracy)?

Or can I buy a non-trial full version directly to avoid the deployment of such a hidden file?
torpor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
cfillion

There is no non-trial full version. There's only one edition of REAPER. There is also no hidden files (as far as I know). Just launch REAPER and import your license: it creates a file in the resource folder with your license in it.

Last edited by cfillion; 03-24-2017 at 03:06 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
torpor

Please help me to understand it.

Imagine I'd install Reaper, use it for two days and delete it then.
Three months later I decide to install it again.
I'd be notified that my 60 days trial period is over.
How does Reaper know that if there's no hidden file kept somewhere on my computer?
torpor is offline   Reply With Quote