Old 03-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #1
dhdodds
Human being with feelings

Default Free AU Delays and Reverbs

First post on the forums...what are the best free AU plugs for delay and reverb effects? Currently using (and enjoying) the TAL Reverb II and 4 for reverb busses, with the u-He ProtoVerb for some weird sounds and the Valhalla FreqEcho for delay, but I would love a one-knob reverb and a basic analog delay for free. I've invested a good bit in comp/EQ/synth plugins, so I'm not just trying to scrape by with all free stuff. I plan on picking up the Valhalla VintageVerb at some point, but in the meantime...
dhdodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #2
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdodds View Post
First post on the forums...what are the best free AU plugs for delay and reverb effects? Currently using (and enjoying) the TAL Reverb II and 4 for reverb busses, with the u-He ProtoVerb for some weird sounds and the Valhalla FreqEcho for delay, but I would love a one-knob reverb and a basic analog delay for free. I've invested a good bit in comp/EQ/synth plugins, so I'm not just trying to scrape by with all free stuff. I plan on picking up the Valhalla VintageVerb at some point, but in the meantime...
KVR is probably the best place to start.

Free verbs and delays on KVR

But first you ought to check out the fx that come with Reaper. They're the Cockos "Rea"ones and the JX ones, many of which are user created. You really can't go wrong for simple and good with the ReaDelay, ReaVerb and ReaVerberate for starters.