Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
drspearing
Human being with feelings

Default Focusrite LS 56 and Windows 10 won't connect - RESOLVED

I have a Focusrite LS56 that I'm using with Reaper. Over the past couple of years Reaper has had a hard time connecting to it. What I mean by that is that if I plug a microphone into the LS56 and bring up the Mix Control application, I can hear the microphone output in my monitors. However, Reaper won't see the signal. Additionally, Reaper won't play the project I have loaded. If I change the ASIO buffer size in the Mix Control application to anything different than what it is currently set to, Reaper will recognize the microphone input and play the project.

So, over the last couple of years, that's what I've done. I open up Reaper and Mix Control, set the buffer size to something and then set it back and things work until I shut Reaper down. However, now when I do this Reaper only plays for about two-three seconds and stops. I have not changed anything on my computer other than keeping Windows 10 and Reaper up to date.

I'm thinking this isn't a firewire issue as the interface talks back and forth to the Mix Control application just fine. I'm thinking it's something to do with the connection with Reaper.

Also, if I change the audio settings to use my computer speakers rather than the Saffire ASIO everything works.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

----------------- RESOLVED ------------------------

Completely uninstalled Reaper and reinstalled it. Everything works now! I no longer even have to change ASIO buffer settings!

Last edited by drspearing; 03-21-2017 at 05:13 PM.
drspearing is offline   Reply With Quote