Old 06-17-2017, 04:29 AM   #1
Noobi
Human being with feelings

Default Help required

Hi all

I'm a few days into a project and had just realized one of my starting keyboard tracks has some line buzz on it so I re-recorded it in time with the old track. I use a portable Boss br900cd and tge original track was on that. From there I run through a Focusrite 2i2 into Reaper

Now that new track is slower (or faster, its hard to tell) continually more and more out of time as the song rolls on. What might be happening here?

I've been doing a shed load of cutting n pasting on other tracks to fit to that one baseline track, could this be the culprit? If so, I could spend a few hours cutting and pasting the drums to fit timing again. I did this to perfect the rhythm, percussion was a physical drum machine and extremely difficult to record spot on.

Im having troubles with latency so recording to the Boss portable 8 track and transferring it to Reaper has been the only way I know how to record. Knowing I can move things to wherever usually means no problem. Up until now that is

I also note that if I record over a track it counts my takes. Are the other takes kept on file, if so, how to select them snd how to delete?

Last edited by Noobi; 06-17-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Noobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:51 AM   #2
insub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobi View Post
Now that new track is slower (or faster, its hard to tell) continually more and more out of time as the song rolls on. What might be happening here?
Sounds like you have a samplerate discrepancy. Perhaps one is set to 44.1 kHz and the other is set to 48 kHz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobi View Post
I also note that if I record over a track it counts my takes. Are the other takes kept on file, if so, how to select them snd how to delete?
Yes, they are on file. You can crop to active take. Then Clean Current Project directory.
insub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:04 PM   #3
Noobi

They're both 44.1khz but I wouldn't think sample rate would affect speed(?)

Anyhow. I deleted the track and used a fresh one. Problem solved for one reason ir another. Or maybe just glitched out.

Problem now is, there's hiss on this new one instead of buzz.. it's synth.. shouldn't be any noise. It's the Boss recorder. I give up. This recording stuff is taking over my life and all I seem to get is trouble. Go back to playing Xbox instead
Noobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:04 PM   #4
Stella645

If sample rate didn't match I think it would also change the pitch?

It may be that because the two devices clocks are not synchronised (computer and portable recorder) the recordings will drift somewhat.

Can you just cut into shorter sections and move the start of each to match your old recording?
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote