Old 03-10-2017, 05:16 AM   #1
onewayout
Human being with feelings

Default Inserting Custom Click

Hi Everyone,

I have changed the click to a sound in the project settings menu that works for me. But if I insert the click track the REAPER DEFAULT click is rendered.

I sometimes have tempo builds and tempo changes and am using Reaper to do Backing Trks so I would LOVE to be able to insert my custom sound directly without having to rebuild it in my mastering projects...Any Ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

jeff
onewayout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:47 AM   #2
jrk

http://reaperblog.net/2012/04/video-...o-click-track/
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
onewayout

Thanks Jrk,

I will try this when I get back from our weekend away. I chose my custom sound first but according that video I can and should do it after, cool thanks! (-:
Old 03-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #4
levets

If only there were a MIDI click option...
levets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #5
onewayout

SORRY, it DOES work IF you RIGHT click the click wave insert and USE SOURCE PROPERTIES and you can change the insert to whatever you like and fool with the volume and such (also can make it your default (-')....AWESOME!! THANK YOU REAPER

Last edited by onewayout; 03-14-2017 at 09:55 AM. Reason: CORRECTION
Old 12-21-2017, 11:22 PM   #6
AaronGrooves

Default Thanks!

Wow, I never knew this little option existed for the click source. This makes me sooooo happy. However, I now desperately wish that the click source properties were more powerful. I have 2 simple suggestions that I bet would revolutionize the metronome in Reaper, and would build upon the thoughtful work that has already been programmed -- much easier than creating a separate VSTi (which I've seen many posters request).

1) Imagine if it were possible to add an unlimited amount of beat samples. Instead of "Primary beat sample" and "Secondary beat sample", there could be "Beat Sample A", "Beat Sample B", and a button to "Add another beat sample" which would automatically update the GUI and default to "Beat Sample C." Adding 16 beat samples would be a breeze. I'd probably never use more than 8. Furthermore, each sample should have separate volume and pan controls, with the ability to easily type in a value (or sliders or knobs).

2) For the Pattern editor:
  1. Caps should be irrelevant. We should use sequential letters.
  2. Parentheses should allow combining samples into the same beat.
Example 1) "a.c.b.c.bcc" for a typical 11/16 pattern.
Example 2) "(ac)a(ab)a" for a basic rock beat. (a = HH, b = snare, c = kick)

This would literally change my life!
AaronGrooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
hopi

firstly the reaper metronome is lovely for me...

yet if I'm reading you desires correctly, then why not create
exactly what you want on one track with your samples loaded into instances of rea Samplomatic, set each of those as desired, add a measure of midi as desired and then save that as a track template.

Then you can load that template into any project, alter midi to what you want for that new project, drag it out as a loop for as long as you want it, etc... even change whatever measures you might want changed, etc.

and then if you want to, freeze that track to have it as one continuous wav item...

So I'm saying if you want to have a totally customized 'clk' track... it is all right there for you..... just add your own samples, 2 cups of water, and bake at 350 degrees until done.