Old 11-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #1
matthewjumpsoffbuildings
Human being with feelings

Default Trigger Actions via Control Surface

Im using an Icon Qcon Pro set to Reaper DAW mode, along with Klinke's MCU CSurf plugin. It works great overall, but I cant work out how to customise its functionality at all.

For example, the 'Marker' buttons on the Qcon Pro, I dont need them, and would like to assign them to other functionality. How can I overwrite their current behavior and make them call an Action from the Action List?
Old 11-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #2
Klinke

See post #73 and my answer in this thread:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=171827&page=2

But I can not give a detailed description how to do this, as I never have done this by myself.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #3
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

You say there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke
But you can use the Global Action buttons, and in the Action mode also the VPots to assign them to Reaper actions.
But with the Qcon pro I can't work out what the global actions button is, or how to go to Action mode.

Also from the manual I was under the impression that installing your plugin would add new actions to reapers action list, but it hasn't. There's no reference to Klinke or MCU or Mackie or anything like that in my actions list. I loaded the .keymap that came in the zip file, did I miss something else?
Old 11-10-2016, 12:41 PM   #4
Sugee

Press the control button in logic mode.If the button lights,that is action mode.you can assng actions to the "F" buttons via action list of Reaper.You can use the modifier buttons too.ALT,SHIFT,OPTION+"F" buttons.Or you can combine the modifiers e.g. alt+shift+f1-f8.if you need you can use the control button too for modifying but I think it's meaningless 'cos the action mode is toggle so if you press the control button you can turn it on or off.
Sugee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #5
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
See post #73 and my answer in this thread:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=171827&page=2

But I can not give a detailed description how to do this, as I never have done this by myself.
Klinke, I have been playing around with the inbuilt Reaper Mackie Control Universal driver, and when using that instead of your plugin, all of the marker buttons as well as some of the other buttons below them pass through their MIDI to the reaper control stream (eg i can assign them to action shortcuts immediately)

Is there any way you could edit your plugin to allow for a similar kind of MIDI pass-through so that I can use the control surface to trigger actions?
Old 01-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewjumpsoffbuildings View Post
Klinke, I have been playing around with the inbuilt Reaper Mackie Control Universal driver, and when using that instead of your plugin, all of the marker buttons as well as some of the other buttons below them pass through their MIDI to the reaper control stream (eg i can assign them to action shortcuts immediately)

Is there any way you could edit your plugin to allow for a similar kind of MIDI pass-through so that I can use the control surface to trigger actions?
There are only fix or six unused buttons in the extension, and already different possibilities to trigger actions, so I do not see a real need for this, sorry.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote