Old 06-16-2017, 02:15 AM   #3201
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
bold font.. wasn't part of the suggestion ..just my silly graphic skill
all works fine, will continue to test more.
Thank you so much!

EDIT:

trying to create how to setup video for this great modulation workaround

got an idea, not a big one (even maybe unnecessary ..i don't know)
is it possible to put extra plugins (midishapers in this case) in the __LBX_CTL track but use character combo in the FX name
(like "_-_" for example _-_MShaper1, _-_Midishaper2...)
to hide to see as extra faders ... but allow the use parameters in the grid as regular controls?
so we can create one complete strip to load anytime we need...just rename track to __LBX_CTL and ready to go!

as a final..nothing urgent.. also as i try to say even might be unnecessary one.. just an idea.

EDIT2:

How to SETUP Modulator workaround
(ill try to record a simpler-clear one later but for now this one also might be useful)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT--...ature=youtu.be
At the moment - any plugin you place on __LBX_CTL is treated as a 32 fader faderbox plugin - even if it isn't!

It might take a bit of coding to alter this as at the moment the code is very simple (hence why it treats any plug the same). To allow for different plugs I'd have to keep track of plugin names and it would have to have an indexing system into the plugin (like a lookup table) rather than a simple maths equation. This increases the complexity and required tracking quite a bit - something I've tried to avoid for this as it requires more monitoring by Stripper, which is obviously more processing.

Let me think on it - I appreciate your reasoning for wanting them on the same track...

For the moment I guess you'd need 2 strips - and you could place the Midishapers strip on a child track of __LBX_CTL? Does that work?
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #3202
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
At the moment - any plugin you place on __LBX_CTL is treated as a 32 fader faderbox plugin - even if it isn't!

It might take a bit of coding to alter this as at the moment the code is very simple (hence why it treats any plug the same). To allow for different plugs I'd have to keep track of plugin names and it would have to have an indexing system into the plugin (like a lookup table) rather than a simple maths equation. This increases the complexity and required tracking quite a bit - something I've tried to avoid for this as it requires more monitoring by Stripper, which is obviously more processing.

Let me think on it - I appreciate your reasoning for wanting them on the same track...

For the moment I guess you'd need 2 strips - and you could place the Midishapers strip on a child track of __LBX_CTL? Does that work?

now i know it wasn't simple as i thought (i am calling this User Ignorance )
and thinking a little more i realized this is also one time job and it must be in the project template by default..
i started to create 16x ready to go version and will save as Strip Set to load anytime i need...
if all goes well then 32x version will buried in to my default project template!
so.. please just ignore this one
as always,
Thank you so much!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #3203
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
awesome, thanks a lot for even considering it and eventually putting it in
yeeeey

EDIT: just don't stress yourself, having a healthy dose of spare time is very important.
Ok - I cheated

I started looking into and even coding the Global page - treating it as a separate page not associated with any track - and realized that a strip and page is simply so intertwined with a track - removing the association would have relied on reams of special code to handle this special case. The problem isn't creating the extra code itself - it's simply the unwanted performance effect it may have throughout the code.

So - I thought again - and decided to simply tie the global page - to a special track.

So in order to use the GLOBAL button next to the page buttons - you would need to create in your project a new track and call it __GLOBAL.

That's it. It acts and is like any other track - but you can get to it via clicking on the GLOBAL button from anywhere. Clicking again on the GLOBAL button returns you to the previous place.

I thought about adding restrictions to this track/page - like not allowing FX and STRIPs on it - but thought - why restrict it? It might actually be useful once in a while to allow its use as a normal track.

So it is just like any other track - it even has 4 pages - but only page 1 is usually accessible. There are certain sequences of events that might expose the other pages (reordering tracks in a certain way can do this) - but mainly it is just page 1 that is accessible.

So - if you don't want fx on it - just don't drag any strips in that contain FX. You can copy controls from any other track into it as per the other strips.

So you know how it works - it just has its own button - and this made it very easy to add.

Hope this is suitable.

At the moment - until you create the __GLOBAL track - the GLOBAL button doesn't work. It may actually be neater to hide the GLOBAL button altogether in such cases - but not had time to do that yet.

Let me know of any bugs etc. I know there are a few minor ones when you get access to pages 2-4 of the GLOBAL track which shouldn't happen - but they are under special circumstances - and I'm not overly worried about them at the moment as they shouldn't happen under typical use very often.

Still to add copying tracks/strips and deleting fx plugs...

L.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #3204
lb0

Quote:
now i know it wasn't simple as i thought (i am calling this User Ignorance )
and thinking a little more i realized this is also one time job and it must be in the project template by default..
i started to create 16x ready to go version and will save as Strip Set to load anytime i need...
if all goes well then 32x version will buried in to my default project template!
so.. please just ignore this one
as always,
Thank you so much!
No worries - let me know if you change your mind and I'll start thinking on it again...
Old 06-16-2017, 04:54 PM   #3205
Anton9

What is the global page used for?
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #3206
timbralzoom

if someone wants to try...
here is 16x ready to go Midishaper Strip

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/30949/MidiShaper_16x.zip

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-17-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #3207
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
What is the global page used for?
Dasombre requested it as a place to put common controls - that may not be tied to a specific track fx/param - but which should be quickly and easily accessible at all times. So it's easy to switch between a track and its strip - and the global page strip and back again.

I guess only he knows what he really wants it for - but I can understand some uses.

Maybe you use Stripper as a large customisable tool box - containing lots of buttons that trigger actions and other stuff that work on the focused/selected items. Well - it would make sense putting those on an easily accessible global page. Yes - you could put them on any tracks strip I guess - but you might wish to use fx params and other things related to each track on their tracks.

That's my take on it anyway
Old 06-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #3208
lb0

Quote:
Well - I won't be able to try this one but it looks great!
Old 06-16-2017, 05:44 PM   #3209
Anton9

@lb0,

Ahhh, ok.., thanks for the explanation.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #3210
timbralzoom

Quote:
Well - I won't be able to try this one but it looks great!
EDIT: for correcting my self

you would try/use but you don't have Midishaper?

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-16-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:18 PM   #3211
lb0

Quote:
EDIT: for correcting my self

you would try/use but you don't have Midishaper?
Indeed!
Old 06-16-2017, 07:20 PM   #3212
timbralzoom

Quote:
Indeed!
check your email please!
Old 06-17-2017, 12:01 AM   #3213
lb0

Quote:
check your email please!
I new it !
Old 06-17-2017, 12:18 AM   #3214
timbralzoom

Quote:
I new it !
of course, you are Mr Gandalf
Old 06-17-2017, 02:33 AM   #3215
lb0

Quote:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...zduSEl4ZXMwMlk
Just wanting to try this out

Can you please share it as a Sharestrip file - I'm missing most of the graphics.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:43 AM   #3216
timbralzoom

Quote:
Just wanting to try this out

Can you please share it as a Sharestrip file - I'm missing most of the graphics.
oh my hold on!

EDIT:
uploading normal strip file i don't know what i was thinking!

also created HY-MPS version.. (uses AUX part CC outs .. pattern sequencer + Global Speed + Sequencers Block Sizes also Snapshot-able )

Midi Shaper 16x

HY-MPS Version
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/30950/2017_...xMODULATOR.zip

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-17-2017 at 02:51 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:24 AM   #3217
dasombre

Quote:
Dasombre requested it as a place to put common controls - that may not be tied to a specific track fx/param - but which should be quickly and easily accessible at all times. So it's easy to switch between a track and its strip - and the global page strip and back again.

I guess only he knows what he really wants it for - but I can understand some uses.

Maybe you use Stripper as a large customisable tool box - containing lots of buttons that trigger actions and other stuff that work on the focused/selected items. Well - it would make sense putting those on an easily accessible global page. Yes - you could put them on any tracks strip I guess - but you might wish to use fx params and other things related to each track on their tracks.

That's my take on it anyway
very good explanation

Oh myyy, I just saw that you added it, was very busy yesterday and will have time tomorrow latest to try this out, but from your explanation of usage I think it is greatly implemented with a track that holds those controls. (something like this would have been my manual workaround if it was too hard to add, but would not be so elegant as you did it).

Biiig biiig thanks, really excited to try it out tonight after the gig hopefully.

And as you said, it is a page to hold commonly used parameters (maybe of tracks which need to be adjusted together or which depend on each other) and also some actions stuff.

Yeeeeeehaaa, thank youuu MR.L
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:56 AM   #3218
lb0

Quote:
oh my hold on!

EDIT:
uploading normal strip file i don't know what i was thinking!

also created HY-MPS version.. (uses AUX part CC outs .. pattern sequencer + Global Speed + Sequencers Block Sizes also Snapshot-able )

Midi Shaper 16x

HY-MPS Version
Awesome - thanks. It's good fun!! Will find very useful!!
Old 06-17-2017, 09:25 AM   #3219
timbralzoom

Quote:
Awesome - thanks. It's good fun!! Will find very useful!!
happy to hear that!
but..
Awesome part was the adding Fader assignments as Snapshot based..
so... me thanks as always!

i wish there was a simple plugin for this task,
as i try to mention in the video (CC Stepper - CodeFN42).
anyway..
Happy modulating!

EDIT1:
misc HY-MPS Sequencer shared strips
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/30966/HY-MPS_STRIPS.zip

EDIT1b:
don't get confused about the names in the FULL NAKED strip (Block1 Pitch5...SeqBlock1 Oct5)
they are represents Pitch Controls Octave Controls under the titles..
so not just Block1.. all the 8 Blocks Pitches & Octaves under that titles.. i hope make sense

EDIT2:

2017_HY-MPS_4_16xMODULATOR strip updated, same link

"FX Bypass parameters replaced with Aux Target parameters ...due to Sync issue when activating the bypass."

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-19-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #3220
dasombre

finally had some time to check out the Global Page and I really love it

I like the idea of the extra track (we can hide it anyway) and also that it did not require extra huge amount of coding to get it implemented in a different & more difficult manner.

Big big thanks for this one. This will be very useful here.

Some things I observed after playing around for the first time:
(just pure observations, no bugs or so)
- when topbar & sidebar is hidden, I can not see that I am on the global page (manual workaround is to add some kind of graphic on this page and voila, I see when I'm on the global page)

- when on global page, changing track selection via reaper (not via LBX) I stay on the global page, but when using the LBX-Key-commands or mouseclick in LBX-track-list for changing selected track while on Global Page, the page changes to normal page 1 and always starts from the track which is under the global page (when using LBX-keycommands). (but this may even be desired behaviour, and I mayself am also not sure whether this should behave like normally selecting a different track via mouseclick in reaper itself and stay on the global page while changing selected track - although this could also be useful in a lot of cases)

But I love it, and I also noticed the new signature of yours
Just waiting for some stuff here and I'm on it

Really wanna thank you for the global page! Much appreciated and will be used a lot here.

..now off to play around some more...
Old 06-19-2017, 02:34 PM   #3221
lb0

Quote:
finally had some time to check out the Global Page and I really love it

I like the idea of the extra track (we can hide it anyway) and also that it did not require extra huge amount of coding to get it implemented in a different & more difficult manner.

Big big thanks for this one. This will be very useful here.

Some things I observed after playing around for the first time:
(just pure observations, no bugs or so)
- when topbar & sidebar is hidden, I can not see that I am on the global page (manual workaround is to add some kind of graphic on this page and voila, I see when I'm on the global page)

- when on global page, changing track selection via reaper (not via LBX) I stay on the global page, but when using the LBX-Key-commands or mouseclick in LBX-track-list for changing selected track while on Global Page, the page changes to normal page 1 and always starts from the track which is under the global page (when using LBX-keycommands). (but this may even be desired behaviour, and I mayself am also not sure whether this should behave like normally selecting a different track via mouseclick in reaper itself and stay on the global page while changing selected track - although this could also be useful in a lot of cases)

But I love it, and I also noticed the new signature of yours
Just waiting for some stuff here and I'm on it

Really wanna thank you for the global page! Much appreciated and will be used a lot here.

..now off to play around some more...
Glad you like it. I'll look into your comments in more detail tomorrow - it's roasting hot here today and have a bit of a headache!

The new sig - is non-obligatory - Stripper is free and will forever remain that way - but if anyone wishes to donate it would be received gratefully.

EDIT

Headache gone now

Well - I think the GLOBAL page is pretty much working as I imagined it. Certainly - I planned for it to remain on GLOBAL page (if already on it) when changing tracks in Reaper. I envision some users not wanting any other pages - and just using Stripper as a tool box rather than channel strip editor.

But obviously (to me) clicking on a different track in Stripper would require it to go to that track as this is a specific decision by the user to select that track.

Clicking on the global page button should cycle between previous selected track and global page (which it does in the main).

and pressing the < or > keyboard buttons (well , and .) cycles to the next track and previous track in Stripper. If on Global page - this ends up being the next/previous track after/before the GLOBAL track - which may not be best. In this case should it first jump to previously selected track do you think?

Regarding not knowing if GLOBAL page is selected when top and side bars hidden - yes it needs some sort of indicator...

Last edited by lb0; 06-20-2017 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #3222
dasombre

Quote:
Headache gone now

Well - I think the GLOBAL page is pretty much working as I imagined it. Certainly - I planned for it to remain on GLOBAL page (if already on it) when changing tracks in Reaper. I envision some users not wanting any other pages - and just using Stripper as a tool box rather than channel strip editor.
totally agree.

Quote:
and pressing the < or > keyboard buttons (well , and .) cycles to the next track and previous track in Stripper. If on Global page - this ends up being the next/previous track after/before the GLOBAL track - which may not be best. In this case should it first jump to previously selected track do you think?
if anything than the previously selected track then, yes. Imagine having some track-specific actions on the global page and I am on the kick-drum track and pushing some action buttons (like routing or channel count) and wanting to go to the next track (for example the snare track) while staying on the global page....in order to do similar stuff on the the snare track.
(Just a random example though). If done via LBX-Keycommands the selected track could jump anywhere as it is now, depending on where the global track is. Totally no biggie, but a bit unintuitive if it jumpps anywhere maybe, as I pressed next/prev-track-key.

Regarding not knowing if GLOBAL page is selected when top and side bars hidden - yes it needs some sort of indicator...[/QUOTE]

an indicator would be very cool to have indeed.

But as I also mentioned in my previous post, it really works great like it is, and those were just some things I noticed when trying out.

Huge thanks for this great feature-add

EDIT: good to hear that the headache is gone, this can be a real energy-drain. Used to have that frequently, but seems to be gone (knock on wood)
Old 06-20-2017, 04:02 AM   #3223
lb0

Quote:
totally agree.

if anything than the previously selected track then, yes. Imagine having some track-specific actions on the global page and I am on the kick-drum track and pushing some action buttons (like routing or channel count) and wanting to go to the next track (for example the snare track) while staying on the global page....in order to do similar stuff on the the snare track.
(Just a random example though). If done via LBX-Keycommands the selected track could jump anywhere as it is now, depending on where the global track is. Totally no biggie, but a bit unintuitive if it jumpps anywhere maybe, as I pressed next/prev-track-key.

Regarding not knowing if GLOBAL page is selected when top and side bars hidden - yes it needs some sort of indicator...

an indicator would be very cool to have indeed.

But as I also mentioned in my previous post, it really works great like it is, and those were just some things I noticed when trying out.

Huge thanks for this great feature-add

EDIT: good to hear that the headache is gone, this can be a real energy-drain. Used to have that frequently, but seems to be gone (knock on wood)
A few tweaks...

Generally to make travelling via GLOBAL page a little better hopefully.

It may still not be perfect - but hopefully a bit better.

I haven't added a specific indicator for GLOBAL page yet - not really sure what it should be.

BUT - I have added ability to create a new default strip for the GLOBAL page. So you could simply create a default strip with a label or whatever you like (some sort of indicator) - you would need to add a dummy control on there somewhere if you don't want any normal controls in the default global strip - but that's pretty easy (I used a peak meter - and used a graphic that wouldn't likely show anything). Set it as your default strip for global page.

This would give you a way of indicating the global page is selected whenever you go on it.

Is that useful?
Old 06-20-2017, 04:54 AM   #3224
dasombre

Quote:
BUT - I have added ability to create a new default strip for the GLOBAL page. So you could simply create a default strip with a label or whatever you like (some sort of indicator) - you would need to add a dummy control on there somewhere if you don't want any normal controls in the default global strip - but that's pretty easy (I used a peak meter - and used a graphic that wouldn't likely show anything). Set it as your default strip for global page.

This would give you a way of indicating the global page is selected whenever you go on it.

Is that useful?
Awesome, this is more than enough and very cool!
I also thought about a default strip for global page but forgot to mention.
This is very very cool, and I think that other indicators are not necessary with this now

Yeeheee, now I can think about a good global-page-default strip which is useful in a lot of situations (additional cool custom toolbars, hellooo).
Switchers will be handy here too...so many possibilities.

Thanks a looot!
Old 06-20-2017, 07:44 AM   #3225
timbralzoom

Hi,
its me the trouble

first an idea:
color indicator to controls when a Fader assigned... to see them easily...
optionally maybe (Global On/Off in the Settings) i think would wonderful

now the report
(didn't update the latest one yet..github says 4 hours ago)
i am still trying to understand how to reproduce it
but it seems snapshots looses Fader assignments randomly(<-? : not sure)

a little long but here is the video that i tried to show

EDIT:
((Fixed & video removed))

as a plus note... for example let's say we have 10 snapshots
and Fader 5 assigned starting from 6 to 10,
somehow when the assignments gone if re i assign the Fader 5
in the snapshot 10 other snapshots also starts to show Fader 5 as assigned..
i hope make sense.

Please note: Nothing Urgent!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-20-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #3226
lb0

Quote:
Hi,
its me the trouble

first an idea:
color indicator to controls when a Fader assigned... to see them easily...
optionally maybe (Global On/Off in the Settings) i think would wonderful

now the report
(didn't update the latest one yet..github says 4 hours ago)
i am still trying to understand how to reproduce it
but it seems snapshots looses Fader assignments randomly(<-? : not sure)

a little long but here is the video that i tried to show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g140...ature=youtu.be

as a plus note... for example let's say we have 10 snapshots
and Fader 5 assigned starting from 6 to 10,
somehow when the assignments gone if re i assign the Fader 5
in the snapshot 10 other snapshots also starts to show Fader 5 as assigned..
i hope make sense.

Please note: Nothing Urgent!
Aha - you have exposed me again... Yep - glaring error - have *fixed* - but completely untested as I haven't time just at this moment to test.

So feel free to try the update and see if it works better - if it's the same or worse - let me know and I'll look again.

Remember - completely untested - may even crash (although shouldn't as it only required some code shifting - no new code created)...
Old 06-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #3227
timbralzoom

so far works great!
will push more

EDIT:
hopefully final updates for the Modulators.

Midi Shaper:
(Global Bypass Control (FX Chain Bypass) replaced with Midi Filter2 JS (bypass) also numbers are now button for bypassing them individually.)

HY-MPS:
(Global FX Chain Bypass replaced with Midi Filter2 JS (due to Sync. issue)
+ numbers are now Buttons (Aux Target parameters) for bypass instances separately.)

and tonight's Modulations fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP03...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-20-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:49 AM   #3228
ThrashJazzAssassin

Request: A way to assign a MIDI event to change what page a strip switcher is on.

e.g. Note-on page switching would be useful for interacting with drum machines as it could show the parameters of the last pad hit (MPC style).

I could compress this:

down to this:

Thank you ever so much Leon

Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin; 06-22-2017 at 01:53 AM.
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #3229
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Request: A way to assign a MIDI event to change what page a strip switcher is on.

e.g. Note-on page switching would be useful for interacting with drum machines as it could show the parameters of the last hit (MPC style).

Thank you ever so much Leon
Ok - makes sense. Will look into.

Have released an updated LBX-Faderbox32 - this one has an extra option at the bottom which sets up sliders F1-F16 to translate to note values received on channels 1-16 (normalized - so can be used for other things too).

To use - you'll need to activate record on the __LBX_CTL channel and to receive midi from whatever device. You'll also need to activate monitoring on the channel so Faderbox can receive the midi. To prevent recording the notes - you can set the track option Record disable (input monitoring only).

Then play the keyboard and the slider will move depending on the note. Quite good fun if assigned to a filter cutoff I've found!

Anyway - this is the first step in achieving what you've requested TJA - I will add the necessary code to Stripper soon so you can use this to alter the switcher page...

Last edited by lb0; 06-21-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:15 PM   #3230
timbralzoom

Quote:
Ok - makes sense. Will look into.

Have released an updated LBX-Faderbox32 - this one has an extra option at the bottom which sets up sliders F1-F16 to translate to note values received on channels 1-16 (normalized - so can be used for other things too).

To use - you'll need to activate record on the __LBX_CTL channel and to receive midi from whatever device. You'll also need to activate monitoring on the channel so Faderbox can receive the midi. To prevent recording the notes - you can set the track option Record disable (input monitoring only).

Then play the keyboard and the slider will move depending on the note. Quite good fun if assigned to a filter cutoff I've found!

Anyway - this is the first step in achieving what you've requested TJA - I will add the necessary code to Stripper soon so you can use this to alter the switcher page...
eham..
sounds like one step close to switch snapshots via keyboard/notes & program snapshot sequences from midi editor?

EDIT:
even if its NO
I Love it, Thank you so much! this gonna be very useful for automating/modulating!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-21-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #3231
lb0

Quote:
eham..
sounds like one step close to switch snapshots via keyboard/notes & program snapshot sequences from midi editor?

EDIT:
even if its NO
I Love it, Thank you so much! this gonna be very useful for automating/modulating!
Yes - that crossed my mind too
Old 06-22-2017, 01:51 AM   #3232
ThrashJazzAssassin

Oh wow! Yes please
Old 06-22-2017, 06:09 AM   #3233
timbralzoom

then!

EDIT:
ding dong.. thinking out loud!
this could be my top courage of ignorance moment, because i am about to ask something that i have absolutely no idea..just couldn't resist.

is there is a way to access/expose plugin parameters that has no Host ID?
if i specify the question ..dreaming access to the step values..
[/url]

last night searched in the forum.. the only topic i found:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=154954
but again have no idea

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-22-2017 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:34 AM   #3234
lb0

Quote:
then!

EDIT:
ding dong.. thinking out loud!
this could be my top courage of ignorance moment, because i am about to ask something that i have absolutely no idea..just couldn't resist.

is there is a way to access/expose plugin parameters that has no Host ID?
if i specify the question ..dreaming access to the step values..
[/url]

last night searched in the forum.. the only topic i found:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=154954
but again have no idea
I would say that's way out of scope for Stripper.

I have read that entire thread a few times over the past few months whilst trying to solve a few issues.

The main problems with scripting clicks within a window (not possible directly in Reascript - would need to be a C++ extension or similar i think) - is that each plugin would require its own setup for valid click positions etc, and would need to be displaying the correct page etc for it to work and the clicks not to click on the wrong thing.

As a proof of concept it works - in the real world - hmmmm - not really viable as a general tool for automating parameters.

And then you have the problem of translating any actual Reaper automation into mouse clicks etc.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:49 AM   #3235
timbralzoom

Quote:
I would say that's way out of scope for Stripper.

I have read that entire thread a few times over the past few months whilst trying to solve a few issues.

The main problems with scripting clicks within a window (not possible directly in Reascript - would need to be a C++ extension or similar i think) - is that each plugin would require its own setup for valid click positions etc, and would need to be displaying the correct page etc for it to work and the clicks not to click on the wrong thing.

As a proof of concept it works - in the real world - hmmmm - not really viable as a general tool for automating parameters.

And then you have the problem of translating any actual Reaper automation into mouse clicks etc.
Crystal clear!
i thought there was a tiny hope to access hidden parameters
via accessing to Reaper's API / Preset manager system that handles the the hidden parameters (not the mouse capture thingy)...
bla bla... see how courage i am

Thank you for your patience, i get the whole picture now..time to let go this obsession
Old 06-22-2017, 08:05 AM   #3236
lb0

Quote:
Crystal clear!
i thought there was a tiny hope to access hidden parameters
via accessing to Reaper's API / Preset manager system that handles the the hidden parameters (not the mouse capture thingy)...
bla bla... see how courage i am

Thank you for your patience, i get the whole picture now..time to let go this obsession
Ah - I see - well the preset data as stored in the chunk is binary data - that is not human readable (just looks like a jumble of characters). It would be nigh on impossible to edit this data in any meaningful controlled way to get specific results - the more likely outcome would be to break the project.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #3237
lb0

Have added ability to assign fader to switcher page and snapshots window.

Switcher page - right-click menu - choose fader. If you need to offset the note value to trigger first page (and subsequent pages) - use Note Value offset option.

Snapshots window - right-click the * button - choose fader. At the moment this always start from note 0 (= first snapshot in list). So need a big keyboard or to shift the octave right down.

This works on the currently selected snapshot set - so you need to be on the page where the snapshots are.

I'll look into developing this further to allow for different snapshot sets - but at the moment this is what I've coded.

remember to set faderbox to note mode for f1-f16 and to record arm and monitor the __LBX_CTL track.

Let me know how it goes

IMPORTANT EDIT:

Forgot to mention - you need the latest faderbox - as I've added a latch for the note input - so it won't retrigger until it gets a note off. This was necessary to solve a few things and to ensure the snapshot is set on each note press.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:47 AM   #3238
timbralzoom

Quote:
Have added ability to assign fader to switcher page and snapshots window.

Switcher page - right-click menu - choose fader. If you need to offset the note value to trigger first page (and subsequent pages) - use Note Value offset option.

Snapshots window - right-click the * button - choose fader. At the moment this always start from note 0 (= first snapshot in list). So need a big keyboard or to shift the octave right down.

This works on the currently selected snapshot set - so you need to be on the page where the snapshots are.

I'll look into developing this further to allow for different snapshot sets - but at the moment this is what I've coded.

remember to set faderbox to note mode for f1-f16 and to record arm and monitor the __LBX_CTL track.

Let me know how it goes

IMPORTANT EDIT:

Forgot to mention - you need the latest faderbox - as I've added a latch for the note input - so it won't retrigger until it gets a note off. This was necessary to solve a few things and to ensure the snapshot is set on each note press.

Holly yay!
this is gonna be looong night!

a side question should we keep the backup of old Faderbox versions for keep in safe the old projects?
Old 06-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #3239
lb0

Quote:
Holly yay!
this is gonna be looong night!

a side question should we keep the backup of old Faderbox versions for keep in safe the old projects?
Might be wise - although they should be interchangeable - I changed the name with the first recent update - which means you may need the old one to load into old projects.

But functionality wise - they both contain the default 32 sliders - but the newer one also has some additional controls. But the 1st 32 work the same.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #3240
timbralzoom

Quote:
Might be wise - although they should be interchangeable - I changed the name with the first recent update - which means you may need the old one to load into old projects.

But functionality wise - they both contain the default 32 sliders - but the newer one also has some additional controls. But the 1st 32 work the same.
good to know i backup it already

and..one more specific Q.
is it possible to simulate mouse double clicks
(optionally maybe in the FADERBOX JS code as an extra function)

for example when i press to note first switches the snapshot nicely
but in some case (if you have Program Change and you made a few extra tweaks in the controls that belongs to same plugin
you have to press second click (so kind a double click) to load that extra tweaks...

or should i look for the extra midi plugin that doubles the notes before send the Faderbox?

EDIT: correction...
if its hard to implement i will look for the extra midi plugin solution..

in any case:
nothing urgent
&
as always:
Thank you so much!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 06-22-2017 at 12:01 PM.