Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 04-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Default A sticky for Reaper specific tools (user written stuff)

Rules:

1) Put up a link and a description to one tool per post

2) Lets have a separate thread about discussing each of these, so it doesnt get to cloggy in here
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Art Evans
Mortal

http://www.inside-audio.nl/download_reaper_addons.html has several Reaper related add-ons.

ReaperScript DIY provides a means of using function keys F1 to F12 to send a string of keystrokes to Reaper in order to provide scripting functions. This allows one key to replace several - for instance, you could set up a command string so that F3 paused the transport while recording, dropped a marker at the paused location, and named it "Paused here".

The following keys can also be configured:

* Print screen
* Scroll Lock
* Pause Break
* Right Windows-logo key
* Middle mouse button

No preprogrammed functions are provided in this version of ReaperScript. The programme does nothing that you do not set up yourself.

Reaburn 2.5 enables you to generate a cue-sheet from a Reaper project file. If CueListTool is installed, the cues can be written into the .wav file also. The cd can be burned directly using Burrrn, EAC, or Nero.

Version 2.5 also supports VUPlayer for pre-burn playback, or for splitting into multiple files by cue.

ReaDuce enables you to remove bypassed fx's or all vst's from a project. Also, envelopes can be deleted.

Last edited by Art Evans; 04-03-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
jamester
Human being with feelings

ReaDrums

An eight-channel (infinitely expandable) drum sampler using Reaper's ReaSampl0matic5000.

Place the file in the Track Templates folder, inside your Reaper folder in Documents and Settings. Simply preview your one-shots through Reaper's Media Explorer and drag right into the sampler!

Use "Mode: Named Notes" instead of "Piano Roll" in the Midi Editor to easily reference mapping numbers:

36 - Kick
37 - Snare
38 - Perc 1
39 - Perc 2
40 - HH CL
41 - HH OP (with "obey note-off messages" for pseudo-choke)
42 - Cym 1
43 - Cym 2

Direct link and info thread below:
jamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #4
mr. moon

OK. Here's a multi-velocity kick drum replacer (ala "Drumagog") using the Andy Sneap kick drum samples. It is based in the Jonas "Reaper-drumagog-killer" package he designed, discussed here:
http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8049

I have created and posted a self-executable file named "Kickagog1.exe" which contains the following:

1. The Andy Sneap kick drum WAVs (thanks Andy!),
2. A track template file for them,
3. A Reaper project file for them,
4. The original contents from Jonas' "Reaper-drumagog-killer.zip" file, which are needed for the Jonas effect directory and his project file for guidance,
5. a "ReadMe.txt" file which gives general instructions on how to install the files once you have them decompressed into your main Reaper program directory.

To install the necessary files, just download the "Kickagog1.exe" file into your main Reaper directory, double click it, and just click "install" ...that's it!! (Be sure to scan it for virii and such first, as you never know what ickiness may get wrapped into the file on those free file servers!) The be sure to read the readme file to get the detailed info to get it up and running.

*Please note that the files were created on a default-configured installation of Reaper, so the "C:" drive is the primary drive which contains the Reaper directory "C:\Program Files\Reaper\..." and the Reaper project folders and files within this main directory, as well as the default track template file directory. If you have customized your Reaper installation, you may need to reconfigure the file paths and such to get everything to work correctly.

(*For example, on my Win64-bit installation, the main reaper directory is actually located in the "...\Program Files (x86)\" folder, so I had to create a directory named "Reaper" in the "...\Program Files\" directory and place the "Kickagog1" folder (with the included WAV files) in there so that the templates would work correctly, as they were configured to use this directory and not the one assigned because I run Win64 rather than WinXP.)

The readme file also gives a suggestion how to manually get around the latency issue that you'll (most likely) encounter on the newly rendered kick track (not the original "trigger" kick track from the project).

Anywho, here's where you can grab the file from:

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/151...agog1-exe.html

Here's the file with the Voxengo latency delay plug added:
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/151...gog1b-exe.html

And a BIG thanks to Andy Sneap and Voxengo for allowing me permission for putting this together and posting it here!!!

www.andysneap.com

www.voxengo.com

Enjoy!

-mr moon

www.soundclick.com/mrmoon

Last edited by mr. moon; 05-01-2007 at 07:49 AM.
mr. moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
greno

Default ReaperDoc

ReaperDoc is a tool to convert Reaper project files into a readable, printable or exportable format. Template files are used to determine how to format the output file.

Great for printing a quick track list.

http://greggreno.com/reaperdoc.htm
Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 AM   #6
mahasandi

this is great guys!

is their any simple/complex (any way at all?)

to translate these scripts to mac osx?

besides re-writing them...

i'am doing a lot of tracking on the mac beta and i know

it's not there yet but it will be ...
mahasandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
IXix

Default IX JS Utils

EDIT: These are in the REAPER install as of 1.857.

Channel Utils - A bunch of stuff for routing audio around between a track's channels.

IX Channel Utils
IX Channel Utils Docs

Midi Utils - A bunch of stuff for screwing up MIDI.

IX MIDI Utils
IX MIDI Utils Docs

See the docs for full details. Brief descriptions of the individual plugins can be found here.

Enjoy.

Last edited by IXix; 05-17-2007 at 09:50 AM.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #8
mr. moon

Default Waves (Rt side) Mono Enabler

Hey, I think I found a "kludge" fix to get the mono plugs to work on mono tracks that are hard panned to the right side, which they would not do because the Waves mono plugins appear to only "read" and "effect" the only left channel the signal that passes through it. Meaning that any mono signal that passes through them will be effected if it is panned to the middle or hard-left, but not at all if hard-panned to the right.

All you need to do is drop an instance of the "JS: Utility/chanmix2" after the Waves Mono plugin of your choice, use my little preset (see below), and you're good to go. It will then take your effected right-side aligned mono track signal (i.e. right side overhead) and pass it on to the right side. It will work if you have the track you want to be hard-panned to the right panned anywhere from center to hard-right. However, this probably depends on the panning law used in the project, but there are people with bigger brains around here who could confirm this...

To use my template, you'll have to import it into your "JS: Utility/chanmix2" and then apply it as a preset.

-mr moon
Attached Files
File Type: rpl MrMoonWavesEnable-JS-CM2.RPL (385 Bytes, 553 views)

www.soundclick.com/mrmoon
mr. moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:59 AM   #9
LOSER

Okay, Tspring, here it is .

Okay so I just zipped up ALL my JS FX, and for some laughs I included EVERYTHING I've EVER written in JS, so inside the zip there are some other zips reaching back to august last year...
...and since I didn't wanted to give away just old stuff, I also ported my DVC (some litter version) and the SP1Limiter from VST to JS, so hope it justifies as "tools"...

Uhmm yeah and feel free to use and mod those stuff in the zip as you like . Anyway hope ya'll like it.

Last edited by LOSER; 08-08-2007 at 12:10 PM.
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:07 AM   #10
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSER View Post
Okay so I just zipped up ALL my JS FX, and for some laughs I included EVERYTHING I've EVER written in JS, so inside the zip there are some other zips reaching back to august last year...
LOSER ... there's a heck of a lot of stuff in there. If there's any that you think it would be especially good to include in the next User Guide update, please PM me and say what they are.

Thanks
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #11
schwa
Administrator

Default misc effects

Updated from time to time.

Schwa JS effects. (the midi_humanizer is now in the installer)

Midi quantizer.

Midi note namer (makes your note names appear in the midi editor window).

Track Notepad with auto-timestamp.

There's some other little stuff scattered around the forums too.

Last edited by schwa; 08-09-2007 at 08:09 PM.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #12
tspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSER View Post
Okay, Tspring, here it is .

...and since I didn't wanted to give away just old stuff, I also ported my DVC (some litter version) and the SP1Limiter from VST to JS, so hope it justifies as "tools"...

Uhmm yeah and feel free to use and mod those stuff in the zip as you like . Anyway hope ya'll like it.
Loser, you are a gentleman and a scholar. And a dang compmetent DSP coder too. I'm pretty well convinced that if a tool is produced, there will be a moment when someone will find it to be essential. I deeply appreciate all the work that you and the others posting in this thread had done and have been willing to give to the rest of us.

T
tspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #13
Patch2007

Default this is awesome!

keep up the good work guys.
this is awesome.

-James-
Old 08-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #14
Billoon

Hers a couple of JS FX i made for splitting the signal to different track channels.

Might be handy if you wanna send to another track from within the FX rack(ie. from between 2 FX).

One sends to switchable track channels, the other to selectable channels...all automatable.

Thanks to schwa for consulting.
Attached Files
File Type: zip js send fx.zip (784 Bytes, 1166 views)
Billoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #15
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billoon View Post
Hers a couple of JS FX i made for splitting the signal to different track channels.

Might be handy if you wanna send to another track from within the FX rack(ie. from between 2 FX).

One sends to switchable track channels, the other to selectable channels...all automatable.

Thanks to schwa for consulting.
That's wicked mate, I was just wondering how I could do that the other day without creating more tracks...this looks like it. Thanks!
Bevosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #16
Bevosss

Default Drag-Select On Top Of Items: Using Middle Button, or Windows-Left Button

This lets you use AutoHotkey to drag-select on top of items with the Left Mouse Button (while holding the Windows key down)..also works on empty space too, of course.

It also lets you use the Middle Mouse Button, with no modifiers, for the same thing...your choice (I prefer the middle mouse button now).

I find you can leave this script running continually without affecting normal operations at all. It toggles on/off instantly though with a keystroke just in case. Another benefit is you can't accidentally move items this way.

There's also another script that swaps the left and right mouse buttons over, in case you have to use a lefty mouse (or vice-versa), or to Marquee Select with the Left Mouse Button.

It's extremely fast to setup, and I provided full instructions...should only take you a minute or two. I've tested it extensively on 2 different PCs, so it should work for you no worries.

Download it HERE

Last edited by Bevosss; 08-09-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #17
Bevosss

Default Update - Macro for Left Click Selection on Items

This isn't a tool as such, but it's an easier way to left-click drag select on items then the post above, no script required:

I mapped it to Q, you just press Q once (no holding), then Left-Click and drag on top of items. It obeys snap, so just toggle snap when you need to (I map that to A).

You can also use Q to place the cursor, and just hit escape to kill the loop selection.

*This works a lot easier than the current default, Ctrl Right-Click-Drag...and no need for a script either!

*Make sure the box in Options-Preferences-Editing Behaviour-'Move edit cursor to start of loop selection on loop selection change' is checked.

* Attached is a default keymap for noobs, with Q and A mapped as above, and also W to toggle item selection under mouse...just paste it into Program Files/REAPER/keymaps, then go to Option-preferences-keyboard control, click load, doubleclick DK Mouse kemap, then ok... have fun!

[/QUOTE]

*The keymap is available here: http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12174
Old 08-26-2007, 08:07 AM   #18
Billoon

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/2976/ReaBur...Cue%20v0.2.zip

ReaBurn BinCue v0.2...for including Index 0s at the start of a project in a bin/cue (or wav/cue) from a REAPER project file. Instructions in zip.

Spawned from ideas generated by LOSER and Art Evans in this thread. Modified from Art Evans' ReaBurn 2.5 (linked in this thread above).

Edit: Small update and a new link. Also includes pregap and postgap options.

Last edited by Billoon; 06-10-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: clarification...
Old 09-25-2007, 04:20 AM   #19
maa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billoon View Post
ReaBurn BinCue...for including Index 0s at the start of a project in a bin/cue (or wav/cue) from a REAPER project file. Instructions in zip.

Spawned from ideas generated by LOSER and Art Evans in this thread. Modified from Art Evans' ReaBurn 2.5 (linked in this thread above).
That link is dead now....

Can you post the text here ?

maa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:43 AM   #20
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa View Post

I think Stashbox is just down again...they don't normally delete anything. Probably just try again later Maa.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #21
Billoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa View Post

Sure...heres a zip with the ahk script and the info txt.

The stashbox link has a compiled exe...if you need it, PM me and ill email it to you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reaburn BinCue ahk.zip (2.3 KB, 513 views)
Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #22
Bevosss

Default Toggle 'Stop at End of Loop Selection'...Script or Standalone Exe

I wrote a script for Autohotkey, which I have also converted to a Standalone Exe...Win Ctrl L toggles between playing the Loop Selection repeated, or playing the Loop Selection one time only. Win-X exits the script/exe.

This is really useful for previewing samples and slices, as well as just checking an edit. If you have double-click set to 'set loop selection to item', or have the shortcut action set, it's very fast for checking.The zip file has both exe and script included, just download, unrar, and double click to try it out.

It's even more useful now we have 'render as new take' as an action...thanks for that one Justin, and Jamester for showing how you can use it for slice-samples.

** Uses (/) as the repeat key, so set that in keyboard control yourself.

Download Here

Last edited by Bevosss; 10-10-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:38 AM   #23
Bevosss

Default Magnifier Exe for extreme zooming

I made this little standalone exe for toggling from normal horizontal zoom/edit cursor focus, to horizontal and vertical zoom from the scrollwheel, focusing on the mouse position and selected track...it's great for zooming in on an item or area under the mouse.

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/8289/Magnifier.rar

Download, double click to start it.

Win Ctrl Z enables the magnifier

Win Alt Z reverts to normal zoom

Right click the green H icon in the tray to exit the application.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #24
Bevosss

Default REAPER Auto-Install and Start

I made this standalone exe for automatically installing your new REAPER version.

Double click to start it while you're downloading REAPER (or whenever)...then open the new Reaper install, and hit Win Ctrl Alt R.

It will install REAPER automatically, start REAPER, and close the exe.

http://shup.com/Shup/8203/Reaper_Install.exe

*NB I may have to make another one for slower computers, so test away...it's an easy fix. If your install hangs, hit enter twice to complete.

*I added an ahk script for those who prefer scripts instead.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #25
Bevosss

Default Tap BPM for REAPER

Here's a standalone exe or script...it maps keypad #5 to the BPM of REAPER's transport, so you can tap the tempo in with a key rather than the mouse (#5 doesn't map in REAPER at present, hence why I chose it).

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/8346/Tap_BPM.rar

*NB the mixer/docker must be hidden, and the transport docked at the bottom of the screen...the only way I could map it sorry.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #26
Bevosss

Default Archiving Utility - Tested & Working

This utility lets you archive tracks to an archive project:

Capslock & A archives the tracks

Capslock & Q opens the archive project

Win A closes the program

So if you want to get rid of some tracks out of your project, you can use this...

Select the tracks to archive, hit caps A, and the tracks are cut and pasted into the archive project, saved, and then closed. Hit Capslock and Q to open and check the archive project. You can just keep adding to this until you're finished with the project, then save as under a different name, delete the tracks in the archive project and save, and you have an empty archive ready to go.

Tested on 2 machines here, and on 2 other users...should work fine, but please test on a copy first (although it's all undoable anyway).

Download
Old 12-05-2007, 01:31 AM   #27
Bevosss

Default Move Items Left Edge Back A Grid Division

This utility will shrink the left edge of an item a specified grid division. Start the exe, and hit (/) on the keypad for instructions.

Here's the mapping:

**Function Keys Move Left Item Edge Back a Grid Division**

NB: Map Ctrl-Alt-Left Arrow to : Item Navigation:Select and move to previous item
Map Ctrl-Alt-Right Arrow to : Item Navigation:Select and move to next item

Hit 'S' to split, then hit F5-F9 to pull the left item's edge back the required division.

To repeat the edge reduction, make sure the item to the right of the cut is selected (Right Click Drag on the item, or Ctrl-Click)

F5: Move Item Edge Back 1/32
F6: Move Item Edge Back 1/16
F7: Move Item Edge Back 1/8
F8: Move Item Edge Back 1/4
F9: Move Item Edge Back 1 Bar

X exits the program,
or, right click the green 'H' in the tray

A little pic of it in action, after slicing up a contiguous file with 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1 beat.

Here's a keymap for it to save you mapping it, drop it in REAPER/keymaps and go to preferences-keyboard control-load.

Cheers,
Bevoss

Last edited by Bevosss; 12-05-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #28
Shan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
This isn't a tool as such, but it's an easier way to left-click drag select on items then the post above, no script required:

I mapped it to Q, you just press Q once (no holding), then Left-Click and drag on top of items. It obeys snap, so just toggle snap when you need to (I map that to A).

You can also use Q to place the cursor, and just hit escape to kill the loop selection.

*This works a lot easier than the current default, Ctrl Right-Click-Drag...and no need for a script either!

*Make sure the box in Options-Preferences-Editing Behaviour-'Move edit cursor to start of loop selection on loop selection change' is checked.

* Attached is a default keymap for noobs, with Q and A mapped as above, and also W to toggle item selection under mouse...just paste it into Program Files/REAPER/keymaps, then go to Option-preferences-keyboard control, click load, doubleclick DK Mouse kemap, then ok... have fun!

*The keymap is available here: http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12174[/QUOTE]

***Also make sure that Options > Preferences... > Editing Behavior > Mouse > Allow modifying of loops selection over items in tracks, is checked and selected as it doesnt appear to be checked by default. This will need to be checked for this to function.

Definitely a killer gem of a find this one!!

Shane

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Last edited by Shan; 12-13-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #29
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post

***Also make sure that prefs/editing/mouse/"Allow editing loop selection over items" is on as it doesnt appear to be checked by default. This will need to be checked for this to function.

Definitely a killer gem of a find this one!!

Shane
Ahh cool, I remembered this while driving home, but I see you've already found it.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:26 PM   #30
Shan

Default Left Click Selection on Items modified

Slightly modified for more of a PT feel

*Make sure that Options > Preferences... > Editing Behavior > Mouse > "Allow modifying of loops selection over items in tracks" is checked and selected as it doesnt appear to be checked by default. This will need to be checked for this to function.

Shane

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Last edited by Shan; 12-13-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:07 AM   #31
shane

Default Autorender

Autorender is a Autohotkey utility that batch renders regions in a Reaper project to separate audio files. If the render format is mp3, it will also tag the resulting mp3s with metadata using Marc Schoolderman's id3.exe utility.

Region/track names and metadata can be entered into a GUI, or stored in the region names and project notes like so:

Artist=Panda Bear
Album=Person Pitch
Year=2007

The default render path can also be set:
RenderPath=C:\Music\Panda Bear

Download
Download Source

See main post for more details

Last edited by shane; 03-03-2008 at 02:19 PM.
shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #32
jakerock

Shane, this is truly a dream come true for me...
When I first started using Reaper and read the autohotkey portion of the manual, this type of thing was the first idea that came to mind!
Funny that you released this today, because I am confronting a pile of hour+ long .wavs of live recordings that I have to deal with cutting up and making separate .wav's and MP3's out of, and I JUST YESTERDAY finally tried the "render to .bin / .cue" function...
Extracting the .wav's from the .cue with "IsoBuster" After the fact, then converting to MP3, tagging, etc.
I was so excited to see that method working, and NOW...
Exporting with METADATA to different formats, all within Reaper / Autohotkey is JUST AMAZING.
I cant wait to try it later.

Just gotta say, when I start using Reaper with clients and am paid by the hour, I will NEVER use this!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by jakerock; 12-20-2007 at 10:25 AM.
jakerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #33
Bevosss

This is awesome, Shane! I haven't had a chance to try it yet, it looks exactly what I need after I edit our rehearsal files. Thanks for this mate.

I made a macro for speeding up the regioning process for single items (ala rendered final mixes)...just put all your items onto one track, select the first item, and press Alt-9 (or whatever you want). It'll insert a region to that item and open up the edit box...edit the region and hit enter, and it'll go to the next item to region, hit Alt-9 again etc. Saves me a bit of leg work anyway!

Old 01-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #34
plush2

Default MS style master console send for Jesusonic

I built a little something for this sort of thing to help me when mastering in Reaper. It's a JS effect that borrows pretty heavily from the Sender utility. It can act as a MidSide encoder and decoder by adding it at both ends of a chain when the mid-side modes are enabled. The Side signal is kept out of phase so it will correlate properly with the mid signal without any extra math. I use this tool for separately processing the mid and side channels. The send to channels 3+4 makes it very easy to sidechain just the mid or the side into the next plugin. It can also be used to do parallel processing by sending dry Left and Right over 1+2 or 3+4. I hope someone else finds it useful as well.

Just copy and paste the below text into a new JS effect named "Master Console Send" or whatever you like.

Quote:
//Code adapted from the JS Utility/Sender
desc: A versatile mastering insert for mid/side and side chain
slider1:1<0,4,1{bypassed,on,mid-side,mid,side}>Output 1+2
slider2:0<0,4,1{bypassed,on,3+4mid,3+4side,3+4mid-side}>Send 3+4
slider3:0<-150,20,0.1>Send Level

@init

gain = 1;

@slider

gain = 10^(slider3/20);

@sample

sL = spl0;
sR = spl1;
tL = spl2;
tR = spl3;

slider1 == 0 ? (
spl0=sL;
spl1=sR;
);
slider1 == 1 ? (
spl0=sL*0.5;
spl1=sR*0.5;
);
slider1 == 2 ? (
spl0=(sL+sR)*0.5;
spl1=(sL-sR)*0.5;
);
slider1 == 3 ? (
spl0=(sL+sR)*0.5;
spl1=(sL+sR)*0.5;
);
slider1 == 4 ? (
spl0=(sL-sR)*0.5;
spl1=(sL-sR)*-0.5;
);

slider2 == 0 ? spl2=spl3=0;
slider2 == 1 ? (
l=((sL*0.5) *= gain);
r=((sR*0.5) *= gain);
);
slider2 == 2 ? (
m1=((sL+sR) *= gain)*0.5;
m2=((sL+sR) *= gain)*0.5;
);
slider2 == 3 ? (
s1=((sL-sR) *= gain)*0.5;
s2=((sL-sR) *= gain)*-0.5;
);
slider2 == 4 ? (
ms1=((sL+sR) *= gain)*0.5;
ms2=((sL-sR) *= gain)*0.5;
);

spl2 =l+ms1+m1+s1;
spl3 =r+ms2+m2+s2;
** I've added a matching Return plugin that can be placed at the end of the chain **

Quote:
//Code adapted from the JS Utility/Sender
desc: A versatile mastering insert for mid/side and side chain
slider1:1<0,2,1{off,on,mid-side}>Input 1+2
slider2:0<0,2,1{bypassed,on,3+4mid-side}>Return 3+4
slider3:0<-150,20,0.1>Return Level

@init

gain = 1;

@slider

gain = 10^(slider3/20);

@sample

sL = spl0;
sR = spl1;
tL = spl2;
tR = spl3;

slider1 == 0 ? mL=mR=0;
slider1 == 1 ? (
mL=sL;
mR=sR;
);
slider1 == 2 ? (
mL=(sL+sR)*0.75;
mR=(sL-sR)*0.75;
);

slider2 == 0 ? l=r=0;
slider2 == 1 ? (
l=(tL *= gain);
r=(tR *= gain);
);
slider2 == 2 ? (
ms1=((tL+tR) *= gain)*0.75;
ms2=((tL-tR) *= gain)*0.75;
);

spl0 =l+ms1+mL;
spl1 =r+ms2+mR;

Last edited by plush2; 08-18-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Made fixes to the Send plugin so when running stereo parallel the volume of the two sends added is equal to the original.
plush2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #35
frog_jr

Default markers2regions.exe

Hi, this is a small program intended to be a "helper" for using Shane's Autorender. It automatically turns markers into regions. Like this:

Converts this:

To this:

After applying this program, each marker delimits the beginning of a region and the end of the previous region, so you just make a marker at the beginning of where each region is intended to be and then one final marker at the very end, save, and then run this program. It doesn't change your file but instead creates a new one with the same filename and then a -2.RPP appended. You open the new file, and run Autorender on it.

My purpose was to make the process of splitting up a render into separate files as quick and automatic as possible. You don't need an external program for this, aside from this one.

If you want to do a little testing I'd appreciate. So far any marker with the symbol % in the marker name screws up the program. Otherwise, you can name them whatever you like -- I think -- or don't name them at all.

The program also makes all the marker numbers consecutive from beginning to end of the RPP file.

http://homeofthegnome.net/AHK/markers2regions.zip

Pls report bugs here: http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18238
or pm me.

Last edited by frog_jr; 02-17-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: clarify
frog_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #36
Billoon

Default Simple Volume Adjustment.

Heres a simple volume plug made using info from this thread.

It adjusts the volume the same way the faders in REAPER does, uses slightly less cpu than the included JS:Utility/volume and it doesnt do any clipping.

Its just a volume fader in a JS plug.
Attached Files
File Type: zip volume_simple.zip (262 Bytes, 552 views)
Old 06-03-2008, 05:26 AM   #37
Art Evans
Mortal

Default A workaround for the Logitech Setpoint problem

I've written a very small program (using ahk) which kills Setpoint, then runs Reaper, then re-runs Setpoint when you exit from Reaper.

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/129501/Reaper%20NoSet.exe is the place.

I can imagine that if you were in the middle of editing Setpoint's user-customisable features when you ran "Reaper NoSet" then its brutal killing could mess up your custom settings, but otherwise it seems to be safe enough in use here.

It assumes that Reaper is in C\Program Files\Reaper\Reaper.exe and that Setpoint is in C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\setpoint.exe

Hope it helps.

[Update - you shouldn't need to use this if you download the latest Setpoint software/driver from Logitech - it seems to fix the original problem].

Last edited by Art Evans; 07-29-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #38
Bevosss

Default MixerSnapshots.exe

I've got a working exe for controlling all the functions in Mixer Snapshots by keyboard shortcuts, using the Function keys.

MixerSnapshots.exe

MixerSnapshots.rar (with ReadMe)

Xenakios's Mixer Snapshots plugin is available HERE ... Place it in REAPER/plugins...Ctrl-click to store a snapshot with the mouse

Quote:
Mixer Snapshots.exe:

Double-click the exe to start it, or set a windows shortcut

Capslock & E - exits MixerSnapshots.exe (or right-click the M icon in the tray)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parameters:

Capslock & S - opens/closes Mixer Snapshots Window

Capslock & V - checks the Volume Parameter

Capslock & M - checks the Mute Parameter

Capslock & P - checks the Pan Parameter

Capslock & L - checks the Send Levels Parameter

Capslock & R - checks the Recall Only Selected Tracks Parameter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recalling a Snapshot:

Snapshots 1-12 - F1-F12
Snapshots 11-16 - Shift F1-F6

Storing a Snapshot:

Snapshots 1-12 - Ctrl F1-F12
Snapshots 11-16 - Shift Ctrl F1-F6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keypad (/) - Sets Focus back to REAPER

NB:Normal Capslock is disabled while this is running ...Use Ctrl-Capslock to turn capitals on and off.

Ok...I hope it works for you! Tested and Working on 2 different setups here...
Old 06-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #39
frog_jr

Hey Bev, is this made using AHK? Cheers, tad
frog_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #40
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog_jr View Post
Hey Bev, is this made using AHK? Cheers, tad
Yeah it's compiled from autohotkey, do you want the ahk script instead?