Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 03-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #41
CaptnWillie
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youlean View Post
No problem. I am glad that it worked!
Hey I was having a little trouble trying to update my project with your framework last night. I was hoping to ask your advice - previously we have been writing headers to be as modular as possible (a header for drawing the stereoview, another for the FFT... etc)

hence, we were writing a new cairo instance for every header, similar to how you have done in the header of the main routine in your cairodemo in IPlugExamples. We are doing this in hopes that we can just include the header and pass a reference so we can more easily build projects in the future.

My question is: Is it best to commute our plugin the same, to continue using separate headers w their own cairo instances inside, or is there another method you would recommend?

I understand there is also a slight learning curve with your new framework, I'll have to figure it out and get the kinks out anyway
CaptnWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:08 AM   #42
Youlean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnWillie View Post
My question is: Is it best to commute our plugin the same, to continue using separate headers w their own cairo instances inside, or is there another method you would recommend?
No, it will better/ more efficient to have global cairo instance that will be used in all controls. This is how my framework was wired.
Youlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:16 AM   #43
CaptnWillie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youlean View Post
No, it will better/ more efficient to have global cairo instance that will be used in all controls. This is how my framework was wired.
Thanks again for the advice.

I am to understand that like the example IPlugEffectCairoGraphics, I should have one header (class) where I do all of the drawing: i.e. CustomCairoControl,

and I have several other headers in my project, to do some DSP and envelope sensing, I should then just pass handles like the threshold and other things from my headers to the MyCairoControl class?
CaptnWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:52 PM   #44
Youlean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnWillie View Post
Thanks again for the advice.

I am to understand that like the example IPlugEffectCairoGraphics, I should have one header (class) where I do all of the drawing: i.e. CustomCairoControl,

and I have several other headers in my project, to do some DSP and envelope sensing, I should then just pass handles like the threshold and other things from my headers to the MyCairoControl class?
No, you can have as many CustomCairoControls as you want. All of this heavy lifting is done internally.
Youlean is offline   Reply With Quote