Old 04-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
Dehenry
Human being with feelings

Default Change appearance of FX parameter list?

When you click on the Track Envelopes/Automation button of a track where several more complex FX are inserted, a huge parameter list shows up that I find quite confusing. The parameters are not organized as a single column list, but in several columns. That makes sense to make best use of the screen estate, but there is no clear graphical separation of these columns like a vertical separator line to structure the list more clearly and provide better orientation. And if you hover over the parameter lines, it would be nice to have a highlight that is visible more clearly than the faint light grey we have now. I found out how to change the background color of the whole window, but that doesn't solve the problem. Is something like this doable? I guess the separator lines could be difficult to implement (for users, I mean), but a different color for the hovering highlight would already help a lot:

Dehenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
Fergler
Human being with feelings

Just seeing that list, instantly an idea came to mind, borrowed from a program I am used to.

In said program, you could load a list of folders within one particular folder, each folder containing images, for texturing maps in video games.

If you named each folder something like map1_ground, map1_walls, map1_misc, the program would automatically make a tree of 'map1'.

Just seems Reaper could be doing this to simplify situations like this. I see this all the time for synthesizers, it's a pretty logical naming scheme. Same with EQ. Something like 'band 1 Q', 'band 1 gain' etc etc is extremely common.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:09 AM   #3
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehenry View Post
When you click on the Track Envelopes/Automation button of a track where several more complex FX are inserted, a huge parameter list shows up that I find quite confusing. The parameters are not organized as a single column list, but in several columns.
Yes-can be daunting with huge lists-so cockos put a search filter there-try that.
Highlight option there as well-filter parameters.
There is a way to organise- filter params>click little `ui` box in order of preference>controls appear in tcpanel in clicked order>save as template.
The actual theme and track layout will affect what is seen.
Same with window bg colour schemes>change your's with the theme tweaker,because it is gridded with colour changes,and selections are font tinted.
Search for `window` elements in the theamer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7W...ew?usp=sharing
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:29 AM   #4
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
Just seems Reaper could be doing this to simplify situations like this.
Reaper does a lot,but not all yet--nvm,changes are happening all the time.
BTW TOT....Fergler your outfit theatre crisp is awesome-checked a heap of stuff and applaud the efforts them people put in-hq productions,and I mean wtf a dj+ tapdancer-with his own ickle stage!! legend.
Enjoying all that.
TY!
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote