Old 10-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #121
WynD
Human being with feelings

Got it all looking good now.
I went ahead and downloaded the last update you just made and checked on the code for the meter. Works and looks great!!

Thanks again. You are a big help for beginners like me.
WynD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #122
LIAC

Absolutely the best theme for 2011 - enough said!
LIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #123
flightzone

how do I change the colors of faders?
flightzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #124
flightzone

What I would like to know is can a single fader be a different color (aux fader) different color than the instrument channel fader? thanks for any info.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #125
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightzone View Post
how do I change the colors of faders?
I think these are different layouts which can be accessed via the screensets window (view menu), you can then assign key/midi commands to them to change the selected channel.

You can also right click on a channel and choose to change it's colour there but how this turns out depend on your appearance preferences and the theme
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #126
Solar

Alright!

Thanx a lot for this amazing theme @NandyC. The only thing that I find if I can "frustrating" with these amazing Theme, is the fact that Cockos have figured out a way to make possible that whatever Theme you decide to Install and use, that when in Reaper and Choose a Theme, that All the Icons to have their specific Embedded of the Theme.

We always have to go and Replace Icons over icons each time we wish to use another theme.

Like I had Rado 4 Full Basic installed, the latest one from @nick, I went and tweaked everything as nick mentioned to have it look like his screenshots.

Now I downloaded this amazing theme and went to Use it in Reaper, and all the Actions Icons Menu have only TEXT.

Or maybe something I haven't done right during installation but I think, I couldn't have done more then extract and place the "Rock Solid.ReaperThemezip" into "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Col orThemes" right?

I hope that Dev Team will look into making this possible because it's jsut become a hassle jsut to use even a THEME.
Again if this has been fixed and I don't know how it works, please share away

Thanx for this great Theme
Old 10-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #127
slops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Or maybe something I haven't done right during installation but I think, I couldn't have done more then extract and place the "Rock Solid.ReaperThemezip" into "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Col orThemes" right?
Try dragging the "Rock Solid.ReaperThemezip" file actually INTO reaper while reaper is running. You don't have to bother going to the \AppData\Roaming\etc... directory anymore. Dragging and dropping the theme into reaper should install everything for you automatically.
slops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #128
Solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slops View Post
Try dragging the "Rock Solid.ReaperThemezip" file actually INTO reaper while reaper is running. You don't have to bother going to the \AppData\Roaming\etc... directory anymore. Dragging and dropping the theme into reaper should install everything for you automatically.
Did Drag & Drop mate as well and doesn't change a thing. Theme loads up great etc.. but the Menu Icons are simply All in Text.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #129
flightzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
I think these are different layouts which can be accessed via the screensets window (view menu), you can then assign key/midi commands to them to change the selected channel.

You can also right click on a channel and choose to change it's colour there but how this turns out depend on your appearance preferences and the theme
So I take it that I can not change the color of just one or two faders, I can go to the menu and change the color of all my faders on my mixer.

I would love to be able to color all of my aux faders different from my instrument faders.

I must say that this is a beautiful theme,
Old 10-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #130
WynD

Each individual track can have it's own different fader color.
Just select the one track or any of the tracks you want the same color. Then go into the layout choices and select the fader color you would like on those.

Here is a screen shot of what I have set up for myself with different color faders for different instruments. This is using the Rock Solid theme. But I have modified the config file for the theme to allow me to use all the different colors with the 'stretchy' layout which is originally set up with only the default fader color.
I also modified the colors to be much brighter and obvious, and added a couple of my own color faders to this also. This works for my own personal tastes and may be a little over the top for some. That's the great thing about Reaper's themes. They can be modified and adjusted to look and work pretty much exactly the way you want it to be.
I am not very good with the html stuff. So I just added a link for the screen shot. Could someone please show me how to actually have the screen shot show up in the post here. Thanks

http://www.box.net/shared/ih9u2emguihjk6cy3hls

But haveing said all that above,,,, it would be basically the same by using the different color fader 'layouts' that the theme offers all ready. Without modifying the config file as I did, I believe you would only be able to use the colored faders on the default layout for the mixer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new-1.jpg (64.8 KB, 293 views)
Old 10-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #131
ivansc

WynD - A box of Smarties/M&Ms layout! kewl.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #132
matey

my fav theme so far, great...
the only thing I miss is the I/O box on the track panel and the input EFX one when arming...
it's just fine to me, but I wonder if there's anything I can do by myself to make them appearing. No pressure, mate. Thanks
Old 10-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #133
WynD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
WynD - A box of Smarties/M&Ms layout! kewl.
I like that... M&M's
That fits perfect :-)
Old 10-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #134
musicbynumbers

Quote:
So I take it that I can not change the color of just one or two faders, I can go to the menu and change the color of all my faders on my mixer.

I would love to be able to color all of my aux faders different from my instrument faders.

I must say that this is a beautiful theme,
You can make it change only the faders of the selected tracks yes

You can so that in screensets/layouts window but if You want more colours you will have to do some "waltering"
Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #135
flightzone

Ok this is what Im doing and it is not working. sel track, options, layouts, track mixer, pick color track and all faders change to the color selected! whats missing? any info would be appreciated. (tring to get 1 fader to a different color)
Old 10-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #136
slops

Quote:
Ok this is what Im doing and it is not working. sel track, options, layouts, track mixer, pick color track and all faders change to the color selected! whats missing? any info would be appreciated. (tring to get 1 fader to a different color)
if you go to options/layouts/etc... you are changing the layout for all the tracks in reaper.

instead, just right click on the actual track you want to change colors. when you right click on the track there is a menu item for "set track layout". from there you can select whatever layout you want just for that track.
slops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #137
flightzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by slops View Post
if you go to options/layouts/etc... you are changing the layout for all the tracks in reaper.

instead, just right click on the actual track you want to change colors. when you right click on the track there is a menu item for "set track layout". from there you can select whatever layout you want just for that track.
Thanks for your reply, will do this later tonight.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #138
NandyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
The only thing that I find if I can "frustrating" with these amazing Theme, is the fact that Cockos have figured out a way to make possible that whatever Theme you decide to Install and use, that when in Reaper and Choose a Theme, that All the Icons to have their specific Embedded of the Theme.

We always have to go and Replace Icons over icons each time we wish to use another theme.

Like I had Rado 4 Full Basic installed, the latest one from @nick, I went and tweaked everything as nick mentioned to have it look like his screenshots.

Now I downloaded this amazing theme and went to Use it in Reaper, and all the Actions Icons Menu have only TEXT.
I did not include a full set of extended icons with Rock Solid as it is such a big file already.

If you unzip the themes you are using, so that you have the theme file and an 'unzipped' folder next to them you can:

Go into the folder of the main theme you use (or have set up toolbars for - RADO in your case) and copy all of the images that start with "toolbar_" into the other theme folders (Rock Solid in this case, plus any other themes you want to have matching toolbars for) Then when you switch between themes, the toolbar icons will stay the same. Maybe make a backup of your themes first in case something goes wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
the only thing I miss is the I/O box on the track panel and the input EFX one when arming...
Look at layout 08 "All Info" for the track panel - if you drag it down it should show the IO. I will add input FX when armed to this layout in the next update.
NandyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #139
NandyC

I am working on a few small bugfixes for Rock Solid, and decided to have a go at a 'mini' version as well. So that you could switch to it if you want a lot of tracks on screen at once (natierau's idea!)

What do you think? Do you have any ideas for layouts? I will be finishing it off in the next couple of days, and will try to include any interesting ones.

Here is what I have so far:

(red knobs don't do anything!)
Old 10-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #140
dobro

That's one of the best themes I've seen here. I could live with that one. Good work.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #141
ivansc

yep I like the idea of being able to switch to something really dense like this when the need arises.

So..... when do we get to play with the real thing?
(grin)
Old 10-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #142
NandyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
So..... when do we get to play with the real thing?
Soon! It's nearly finished.

Added extended latout:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ext.jpg (41.9 KB, 1187 views)
Old 10-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #143
TMA

Looks great !
TMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #144
gibi25

can't wait for your "mini" version.
Will fit my so small laptop screen...
gibi25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #145
NandyC

I managed to make some tiny 3d knobs. But they weren't super clear at that size. So I made some flatter ones which matched the colours:

I will probably use the flatter ones throughout, but I'll put the 3d knobs in a folder in case anyone wants to mod the theme later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg knobs.jpg (32.7 KB, 1135 views)
Old 10-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #146
Mod Bod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NandyC View Post
I managed to make some tiny 3d knobs. But they weren't super clear at that size. So I made some flatter ones which matched the colours:

I will probably use the flatter ones throughout, but I'll put the 3d knobs in a folder in case anyone wants to mod the theme later.
Personally, I like the 2D knobs better.

http://www.gatortraks.com
Mod Bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #147
sightlessness

Sorry, but this is f...ng awesome!
The pan and volume knobs... are super sweet. I love it
that you made them tilted (3D?). There are zillions of themes having
those as 2D. Glad you didn't go along the bunch.
I don't know, it feels like you are working with something
real, instead of a software. Well, kinda at least.

Thanks a lot for this theme.

Last edited by sightlessness; 11-03-2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Edited out so kids could read this too, this theme is awesome!
sightlessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #148
sightlessness

Quote:

Couldn't it be the other way around? Default: 3D knobs!

I mean, I think part of your theme's essence is exactly those 3D knobs!.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #149
lofreequency

Default Kudos!

I mostly lurk here, but had to chime in and say this theme is mondo cool. Actually it's the first that has inspired me to change the look of the default theme(s). So I thank you and so does a fellow band mate who used to produce music in the "old days". We both love it so far.
lofreequency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #150
matey

Quote:
Look at layout 08 "All Info" for the track panel - if you drag it down it should show the IO. I will add input FX when armed to this layout in the next update.
yes, I've found it yet...my steeply learning curve as usual. Perfect as is. Thanks for feedback.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #151
NandyC

Default Rock Solid Mini........

I have just finished Rock Solid Mini. I did it as a bit of fun to see how many tracks I could get on screen at once. Thanks to natierau who came up with the idea!

When you stretch the mixer to it's smallest height, you may see some imperfect stretching. I left it, as this way you get more rows on screen (you get an extra row on 1280x1024) - but if you want to prevent this - just change the mixer height at the beginning of the rtconfig to 180.

You can download it here:

Rock Solid Mini

There is also a second version which has the perspective on the tiny knobs as well in case you prefer it! You can download it here:

Rock Solid Mini 2

Hope you like it!

Rock Solid Mini:

Rock Solid Mini 2:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg m1.jpg (39.7 KB, 768 views)
File Type: jpg m2.jpg (39.6 KB, 769 views)
Old 11-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #152
Kundalinguist

Very cute. No doubt it will be a hit with Laptoppers.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #153
JHughes
Banned

Ha, I use a desktop at either 1024x768 or 1280x1024 and this is wonderful.

Thanks NandyC!
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:34 AM   #154
NandyC

Ooops, I forgot to mention - on the 4 knob layout (on the first version) the red knob doesn't do anything! I put it together, and then found that I couldn't use the fourth knob for anything. But I thought it looked good with loads of tracks open, so I decided to leave it in! Thought I would mention it in case anyone was getting frustrated trying to move it.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #155
ivansc

mini working great on my 10.5" lappy.

nice and compact!
bUT i MISS MY BIGGER MONITORS AT HOME....
oops sorry. arthritic hands again
Old 11-08-2011, 04:59 AM   #156
benf

Pretty cool ! This will be very useful.
The only thing I don't like in your theme is the sliders design (except for master track). I'd rather like those ones :
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/863/R%2...dian.part1.rar.
I think they'll be more available for your "mini" theme.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #157
sightlessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by benf View Post
Pretty cool ! This will be very useful.
The only thing I don't like in your theme is the sliders design (except for master track). I'd rather like those ones :
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/863/R%2...dian.part1.rar.
I think they'll be more available for your "mini" theme.
I agree with the mini sliders, the RS Obsidian ones could work very well.
(RS Obsidian is not from Nandy? Is it a mod? In the pics looks great
but I can't install it since it's not a Reaperthemezip file).
Old 11-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #158
TMA

Two words come to mind Nandy.....

Simply Outstanding ! ! !

Hats off to you sir, You are one seriously talented person.

Thankyou very much for this theme and the mods
TMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #159
musicbynumbers

Hey Nandy C

I haven't forgotten about your kind offer, just been really busy. I will get round to it but just wanted to say hello and the themes looking great!
Old 11-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #160
ivansc

I`m torn between your mini theme and Albert`s one on the lappy, be interesting to see how both translate onto a bigger screen (or 2) when I get home next week.