Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 08-20-2015, 02:10 AM   #1
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Default Can I have my Cake and not a Rotten Sandwich?

What's a Rotten Sandwich? When you like one feature, but not another, and Reaper sandwiches them together for you anyway.

Here's a short list of my least favorite, please feel free to note any others.

1. Screensets and Track "Status"
Track status is a rotten sandwich of track visibility, height and some other things that are not altogether clear. If I want to save various zoom levels using Track Views (which is sensible, and also the only way outside of learning to script), when I recall them later they're also going to restore any tracks I may have hidden in the meantime.
That's rotten.

2. Mouse Preference: Mouse click on faders/knobs/buttons changes track selection
I only want to change track selection when clicking the Fx button so I'm not confused about which track I'm editing effects on, but certainly not when I mute another track. It's an all or nothing sandwich though, making this a less than useful option.
Checkboxes, please?

3. Navigator and Media Item colors
Navigator colors can be adjusted a little bit, but the options are like rotten easter eggs sandwiched into media item color options in the Theme Tweaker. I'm not even going to tell you which ones, because that would spoil the fun of the hunt (and hell if I can even remember, since there is no logic or documentation involved).
Like a peanut butter and poop sandwich. Yum.

4. Mouse Modifiers: Media Item, Custom Actions and the Cursor.
Here's a little challenge for you. Try setting up a mouse modifier that selects the track when selecting a media item, but doesn't move the cursor. Ha! Can't be done because custom actions in that particular Mouse Modifier always move the Edit Cursor.
Stinky.

Seen any other Rotten Sandwiches lying around?