Old 09-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Lou
Human being with feelings

Default Buses/ recording effects

Hi there,

I've no idea if I've posted in the right forum, so please forgive me if not. Basically, I'm switching to Reaper from Protools, of which I have been a user for many, many years. I'm wondering if you can help me with working out how to do the equivalent of something in Reaper. Basically, in Protools, I can record effects from one track onto another WHILST controlling the individual parameters of that plug in FX. The way I do this is as follows:
Track 1- output goes to bus 1-2 (Presume stereo track). plug-ins are inserted as required.
Track 2- input goes to bus 1-2 and track is armed for recording.
There is no separate effects bus.
Then, record as normal, and I have full control of the plugins and can manipulate sound to hearts content.

How do I do the same thing in Reaper? I've fiddled around for a couple of days now with no joy.

Many, many thanks in advance.

Louise
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
Fergler

I don't quite follow your set up (confusing use of 'goes') but I think I get the idea. You should get the results you want from creating two tracks in Reaper.

Track 1: All your effects and source input
Track 2: Right click the record button, set to Record Output (stereo, latency compensated)

Send track 1 to track 2. Track 1 will now have your original untouched recording as a backup and track 2 the recording with the effects recorded onto it.

Optionally you can do all this at once using write mode with automation, on one track.
Fergler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
Lou

Default Buses/ recording effects

Yup- that worked! Thank you! Things make a little more sense now!
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote