Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2017, 07:25 AM   #1
gvdv
Human being with feelings

Default Help Please - Playing Back Tracks without Audio Interace Connected?

Hi,
I have been getting to know Reaper very gradually over the past couple of years, using it for very basic recording for a while, and then not using it for a long time.

I am experiencing an issue (using my new laptop, and a new audio interface), that I am quite certain I did not experience before, but I may be wrong about this because, as I said above, I have not got to know Reaper well enough, and have not used it consistently enough, to recall every aspect of what I have previously experienced.

When I create a project in Reaper, and attempt to play back the tracks after I have disconnected my audio interface, I get an error message saying that Reaper could not find the interface, and I cannot play back the tracks I recorded.

I am fairly sure that I was able to play back tracks previously when my audio interface was not connected.

Could someone please tell me if I am correct about this, and what I would have to do, if it is possible, to be able to play back the tracks.

Thanks.
gvdv is offline   Reply With Quote