Old 07-05-2022, 10:33 PM   #1
Alain78
Human being with feelings

Default How to get continuous SPP messages

I have developed a program that uses Reaper as a MIDI recorder hidden from the user view point to benefit from strictly useful functions without learning or changing the user interface. The commands are sent by MIDI messages : Load/save a project, record, play, pause, set markers... Everything works very well. Reaper is really simple to interface.
Now, I wish that my program could display the time (minutes, seconds) in recording and playback mode.
Could you help me ?
One possibility would be to get SPP messages in a continuous way but currently my Reaper installation only emits them during pauses in playback.

I know that the MTC messages give the time during recording and playback but not when positioning to a marker or at the beginning of the recording whereas SPP messages do. More, they represent an important load. At one point I saw an MTC message in SysEx form... how I don't know... since then nothing. Should be better.
I must admit that I don't know how to convert the values of the SPP messages into seconds...
In a word I simply wish that my program would be able to display the hms time as Reaper does. But how ?

Last edited by Alain78; 07-06-2022 at 08:10 AM.
Alain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 10:28 AM   #2
jrk
Human being with feelings

You probably want to read up on OSC