Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
haru yasumi
Human being with feelings

Default using a game controller to control vstis

I've got a cheap usb game controller that i can do basic things on reaper, but i'm having a little trouble working out what i'm doing.

the main thing i want to do is using phosycon, i want to be able to control the cut off and resonance using the axis thing. i've managed to get it so up and down can make the resonance either full on or off, but what would be much more usefull is if i could make it so each time you push it up it takes it up one notch and each time you push it down it takes it down one notch. but i can't get it to do that. and the left/right only seems to be able to change pitch.
haru yasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haru yasumi View Post
I've got a cheap usb game controller that i can do basic things on reaper, but i'm having a little trouble working out what i'm doing.

the main thing i want to do is using phosycon, i want to be able to control the cut off and resonance using the axis thing. i've managed to get it so up and down can make the resonance either full on or off, but what would be much more usefull is if i could make it so each time you push it up it takes it up one notch and each time you push it down it takes it down one notch. but i can't get it to do that. and the left/right only seems to be able to change pitch.
We need more details, sir!

OS X? (junXion!) Windows? (GlovePIE, probably!) What kind of controller? "Cheap USB" doesn't say very much yet.

You may also like to mess with the *relative* control settings, if you haven't yet.

(Btw: imho, while the Poland TB-303 you have on your hands there is an excellent runner-up, ABL2 is the absolute killer for most awesome 303-ness. (And, have a tB on your iPhone yet? ) )
Old 04-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
V'ger

Have a look at the JS plugin Incrementor by Captain caveman: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=65358 if that could be used somehow.
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
ewenflint1

Default Joystick controllers

The "generic.txt" script sends the L-R axis of the first stick to the Pitchbend MIDI CC, the U-D goes to Modwheel, the other stick L-R goes to CC3(undefined) and U-D is ignored. If you set your synth to use Modwheel as input to your filter you can sweep it with U-D on your left stick
ewenflint1 is offline   Reply With Quote