Go Back   Cockos Confederated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
sam1
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default How to change the colour of reapers mixer and fx buttons???

How do i go about this, does anyone know the file name of these elements?
Also i tried editing one file by changing its name and i re opened reaper and the Sends have become one colour, the file is now mcp_bxtmixbg.png, i only changed the 5th icon to b, what was the original letter, i cant remember.

Please any help on how to do this thank you.
sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
bradleyfilms
Human being with feelings
 
bradleyfilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cumbria, UK
Posts: 2,256
Default

Here's the full list http://www.reaper.fm/sdk/walter/images.php
These are all .png images, which you edit in your favourite image editor.
If you rename any of the image files Reaper wont be able to find them. The link above tells you which images Reaper defaults to when this happens.
Steve
__________________
Meto ergo psallentes est

Last edited by bradleyfilms; 05-17-2012 at 09:20 AM.
bradleyfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
sam1
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyfilms View Post
Here's the full list http://www.reaper.fm/sdk/walter/images.php
These are all .png images, which you edit in your favourite image editor.
If you rename any of the image files Reaper wont be able to find them. The link above tells you which images Reaper defaults to when this happens.
Steve
ahh thanks for the list. But i thought if you change the file name the next time you open reaper you will be able to edit the colour of that element using reapers own colour editor, Like in this thread http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=99547.
sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
sam1
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default

actually im doing it now in windows paint, ive created my own theme folder with all the images from the default theme copied into my own theme folder, is this how you are supposed to do it???
Is there a quicker way? Such as using reaper's element finder then just changing the colour of whatever you want to that theme.
sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
bradleyfilms
Human being with feelings
 
bradleyfilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cumbria, UK
Posts: 2,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1 View Post
actually im doing it now in windows paint, ive created my own theme folder with all the images from the default theme copied into my own theme folder, is this how you are supposed to do it???
Yes
Quote:
Is there a quicker way?
No
Quote:
Such as using reaper's element finder then just changing the colour of whatever you want to that theme.
You'll notice some parts of the GUI are colours, whilst others are images, which is why the element finder is split in 2. When you alter just colour elements, save the file with the "Save Theme" button in the Theme Editor, otherwise your changes will be lost.
Steve
Edit As you're on Windows, you may find Inkscape or Gimp easier to use
__________________
Meto ergo psallentes est

Last edited by bradleyfilms; 05-17-2012 at 10:32 AM.
bradleyfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.