The liceap demonstrates the steps needed to make the undo system forget certain states:
Note: the edited notes have to be in an item without the green arrow activated. Transposing notes is done via key commands.
Transposing the notes via mouse works fine.
This is a serious bug. I've lost lots of editing because of it.
The following project file was used in the video above:
- Open both items in the ME
- Select notes from the clip without the green arrow activated
- Move them up/down via key command (actions)
- Undo until the notes are back
- Redo - notes won't be moved again (though moving notes may be there in the undo history, it doesn't work)
Bug Report here, please confirm: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=5117