Freezing undesirably renders entire track length in obscure cases
This is very obscure and I only notice it because I route my tracks in a sort of convoluted way. The simplest way to reproduce this that I've found is the following:
- Make a new project.
- Make 5 tracks.
- Make tracks 2-5 children of track 1.
- Make track 5 a child of track 4.
- Put any FX on any of the tracks.
- Put media items on track 5.
- Make track 4 send to track 3.
- Make track 3 send to track 2.
- Freeze track 1.
If you do these things, Reaper will freeze for the entire track length regardless of your setting of "When freezing, render the entire track length if there are track or per-take FX" in preferences.