Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 11-05-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
juliansader
Human being with feelings

Default Hide tempo change markers that are NOT time signature changes [DONE!]

I think it would be useful to add options or actions to hide all tempo change markers that are not time signature changes. In other words, if the "time signature lane" (in the track panel and/or MIDI editor) can be configured to show only those "time signature / tempo change" markers that are actually time signature changes and not merely tempo changes.

When a MIDI file has lots and lots of tempo changes, it becomes difficult to find the handful of time signature changes among all the indistinguishable markers.

Tempo changes will still be visible and editable in the Master track's tempo envelope.

Last edited by juliansader; 11-19-2017 at 10:43 AM.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
amin

Default Much needed

I was searching the forums hoping to find the feature... does this mean there's no demand for the feature, or that people who do extensive tempo mapping have other methods to stop markers from crowding the workspace?
amin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:31 PM   #3
juliansader

Something akin to this feature request will be implemented in the new notation editor, since notation necessarily distinguishes between time signature changes and tempo changes. I hope it will also be implemented in the piano roll and track panel!
Old 02-05-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
juliansader

My yearly bump of this Feature Request...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amin View Post
I was searching the forums hoping to find the feature... does this mean there's no demand for the feature, or that people who do extensive tempo mapping have other methods to stop markers from crowding the workspace?
There are actually several other threads in which the problem is discussed at length, including Time Signature separate from Tempo and Please make separate tempo and time signature envelopes.

Ideally, time signature markers and tempo changes should be completely separate, but it may be time-consuming for the devs to change all the code.

I think that the option to simply hide tempo changes that are not time signature markers, would be very easy to implement.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #5
srdmusic

Default Hide markers and tempo changes

Is there a way of making the markers/ tempo change lines transparent or hiden? I find them very distraction when the markers lines are very close to bar lines. When working with film it's useful to create hit points or story point changes with markers. Any help in hiding these marker lines that run through the arrange window would help a lot visually when editing.
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:11 AM   #6
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdmusic View Post
Is there a way of making the markers/ tempo change lines transparent or hiden? I find them very distraction when the markers lines are very close to bar lines. When working with film it's useful to create hit points or story point changes with markers. Any help in hiding these marker lines that run through the arrange window would help a lot visually when editing.
Any luck with this?
Old 04-14-2017, 06:59 AM   #7
LugNut

Hi,
I second this..or third or fourth....I think my first post on the subject was 2012:-)
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #8
Masi

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
In other words, if the "time signature lane" (in the track panel and/or MIDI editor) can be configured to show only those "time signature / tempo change" markers that are actually time signature changes and not merely tempo changes.
Yes. Ideally we get also actions to hide/unhide/toggle the tempo change markers.

Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:43 AM   #9
juliansader

DONE in v5.65!
Old 11-19-2017, 12:02 PM   #10
lowellben

Quote:
DONE in v5.65!
How so? I just tried it and both time signatures and tempo marks are showing, albeit alittle differently looking but.

Why do these time signatures and tempo markings now put lines down the whole project? That is too distracting. Why can't they just live in the ruler? Can you disable these lines vertically?

How is this hidden? I can't locate the actions or put them in different lanes. Am I blind?
Probably lol

Last edited by lowellben; 11-19-2017 at 12:11 PM.
lowellben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #11
EvilDragon

You're blind. Check Preferences. Also check default menu for ruler.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #12
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
You're blind. Check Preferences. Also check default menu for ruler.
Fair enough I right clicked and found the separate lanes but cannot find anything to hide the vertical lines for tempo time markers. I pinky swear good sir.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #13
juliansader

This new feature was only introduced today in v5.65pre15, so make sure that you are using the newest pre-release: v5.65pre15 - November 19 2017.

In the actions list, "Ruler: Display tempo changes" can be set on or off, or right-click on the ruler and go to Ruler layout.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:33 PM   #14
lowellben

Quote:
This new feature was only introduced today in v5.65pre15, so make sure that you are using the newest pre-release: v5.65pre15 - November 19 2017.

In the actions list, "Ruler: Display tempo changes" can be set on or off, or right-click on the ruler and go to Ruler layout.
Ok I fixed it now yes. But why are the tempo numbers and the time signatures so close they're practically touching lol even in separate lines there is like 0.0000px padding! Stacked one on top of the other. Not ideal imo. How about a nano-pixel padding? Yikes.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #15
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Ok I fixed it now yes. But why are the tempo numbers and the time signatures so close they're practically touching lol even in separate lines there is like 0.0000px padding! Stacked one on top of the other. Not ideal imo. How about a nano-pixel padding? Yikes.
Now would be the ideal time to make any suggestions about Ruler appearance (over at the pre-release forum).

Last edited by juliansader; 11-20-2017 at 06:32 AM.