Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 03:29 AM   #1
dolewbar
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 12
Default MIDI: Wrong count-in tempo with tempo changes in project (FIXED)

Hi!

Recently I have been working with MIDI files generated in GuitarPro to practice along (I'm a drummer). I noticed that once project goes from bar 1 till the end everything is all right. Of course I would like to practice some sections in loop, separated or whatever but Reaper count-in in wrong tempo!

I uploaded 2 videos that contain recorded desktop with audio:
1) Test project with a few tempo changes, no MIDI tracks
2) Target project all tracks are MIDI

About 1)
As you can see I can click at every tempo marker and listen to count-in at tempo of the new marker. Everything works, no problems here.

About 2)
00:00 - 01:20 -> Playback from A to B through a couple of tempo changes, no stops, no issues here (besides a little lag on my PC)
01:21 - 02:14 -> Playback starting at 2 different tempo changes, still no issue, everything works
02:15 - 02:50 -> Here is first issue. Once I start from tempo 130BPM and then to 200 BPM its ok. But when I click "start at 200BPM) the count-in tempo is in 130 BPM!! Thats soo wrong.
02:55 - 03:30 -> This is just crazy. Now it's back from 200 BPM to 130 BPM. There are 2 issues here:

A) Count-in is in old tempo, not the new one
B) Count-in is set up to 2 bars not 3 as you can hear !!

All projects has the same metronome setup. Also providing projects along with videos.

Cheers,
Bartek.

Attachments:
Video-OK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9d6qm50co..._midi.mp4?dl=0
Video-FAIL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1um3nzirus..._midi.mp4?dl=0

Project-OK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pud34fixj0...DI_OK.zip?dl=0
Project-FAIL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqw9jf1ezgad6c1/DM.zip?dl=0
dolewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:27 AM   #2
dolewbar
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 12
Default

Exact the same issue happened when I switched my laptop to Macbook Pro. Used test midi track created in Reaper using MT Power Drumkit 2.
This time I didn't import anything - tempo changes were inserted by me, not from external MIDI (tempo map)
dolewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #3
Justin
Administrator
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,056
Default

Edit: fixing in 5.20beta5!

Last edited by Justin; 04-21-2016 at 08:17 AM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:15 AM   #4
dolewbar
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Edit: fixing in 5.20beta5!
That's brilliant news! Thank you!
dolewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:51 AM   #5
dolewbar
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 12
Default

Updated to Reaper 5.20. Tested again and issue cannot be reproduced. Great job, Reaper Team!
dolewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.