Notation editor empty after switching back to reaper (FIXED)
In my usual workflow midi files are generated by musescore and imported to reaper. For several reasons I have to keep my midi files in the *.mid files instead of in the reaper rpp file.
I have the following repeatable behavior:
1) open a project containing midi tracks
2) open the midi editor an switch to notation view
Result A: nice system of staves as expected
3) switch the fokus to another window, e.g. the windows explorer and back to reaper
4) open notation editor again.
Result B: an empty page, no staves, no notes
Expected behavior: Same as Result A
This does not happen if midi is kept within the rpp file. Please find two example projects attached in a zip archive.
There are two project files in the zip:
1) ReaperTest_midi_in_external_mid_files.rpp <<== the reported error
2) ReaperTest_midi_in_rpp_file.rpp <<== no error here
The mid files which have been imported are located in the Midi subfolder. I also included the musescore file which generated the mid files, just in case it makes any difference.