[5.26 32|64] Hang when copying and pasting locked item with ripple per track (FIXED)
I've encountered a reproducible hang in REAPER when copying and pasting an item when:
- The item is locked; and
- Ripple mode is set to By Track.
I've reproduced this in the following REAPER versions:
5.25 32 bit
5.25 64 bit
5.26 32 bit
5.26 64 bit
This is in Windows 10 Pro (see specs below).
1. Open a new project
2. Create two empty tracks
3. Insert an empty item into one of the tracks (or new midi item, or import an audio file).
4. Lock the newly inserted item (right-click, Item Settings... | Lock Item)
5. Turn on Ripple Edit per track.
6. Select the item created in (3) that you locked in (4)
7. Copy the item (CTRL-C) or any other Copy Items menu item.
8. Click anywhere in the other (empty) track.
9. Paste using Ctrl-V or any other Paste menu item.
REAPER now stops responding and can only be forcibly shut down.
The same hanging behaviour also occurs using the above procedure but instead of copy and paste using CTRL drag on the item to duplicate it to the other track.
If Ripple Edit is disabled or in Ripple All Tracks mode then REAPER behaves as expected (i.e. does not hang).
OS: Windows 10 Pro version 1607 build 14393.222
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz Q6600
I love REAPER and the way you handle your releases and customers. Thank you!
Al in Tasmania.