Old 06-11-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
THW
Human being with feelings

Default Conversion from WAV to MP3 using Reaper

Set up:

Compaq SR 2180 NX and Windows Vista with RME Fireface 400. Works well creating WAV files, and plays back correctly using Windows Media Player on the Vista machine.

1. I have installed the lame_enc.dll in the Reaper root directory, and when I use Render it creates a MP3 file, which has no audio. The original WAV file runs for 30 seconds and the MP3 for 4 seconds. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Using Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite allows conversion to MP3 but it does not recognized the WAV file created by Reaper.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Tom In "Lovely Silicon Valley"

Update:

Going from 24 to 16 bit allows me to use Roxio to convert to MP3.

Last edited by THW; 06-11-2008 at 02:53 PM.
THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Weasel

It may not be the greatest, but shooting it through iTunes works. It recognizes REAPER wav's. I don't know why but my other apps don't recognize reaper wav's.
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
ngarjuna

What bit depth are the WAV files that are not recognized? I've noticed that many apps can only handle 16 bit WAV files. I believe (though I cannot confirm) that iTunes can handle 24 bit WAV files. Personally, I read a comparison somewhere a while ago which compared various MP3 encoders and LAME came out way ahead of Apple, so I try not to convert in iTunes.
ngarjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
THW

As I indicated in another thread, I went from 24 bit to 16 bit and I can use all my audio conversion software programs to convert from Reaper WAV to MP3. I am still interested if I can convert from 24 bit Reaper WAV to MP3 within Reaper.
THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
DerMetzgermeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by THW View Post
As I indicated in another thread, I went from 24 bit to 16 bit and I can use all my audio conversion software programs to convert from Reaper WAV to MP3. I am still interested if I can convert from 24 bit Reaper WAV to MP3 within Reaper.
How are you doing this?
I would import the wav file into an audio track in reaper, no fx in the track or the master. Make sure that in the Render options is selected "render entire project". That should work.
DerMetzgermeister is offline   Reply With Quote