Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-07-2022, 03:35 PM   #1
Timm
Human being with feelings

Default New user. Still found a bug though in the MIDI inline editor (FIXED)

Hi all

I'm pretty deep into Cubase Pro and Studio One but still giving Reaper a serious testdrive.

I am quite pleased about it!

I think I found a bug. Please try to reproduce or confirm

description: using H in inline midi editor gives unwanted results

when 'zoom in horizontally' is mapped to 'H' (main and midi editor) and focus is on the inline editor it doesn't zoom in but it opens the Humanize menu. it seems to depend on the focus. When focus is on main arranger it obviously works, however when I click into the inline midi editor the 'H ' keycommand always brings up the humanize button. Even though I have nowhere mapped anything to humanize.

When I go to actions menu, inline editor, find shortcut and I type in 'H' it says:
ERROR: shortcut defined, but command not found

I think it would be better to be able to define keys for Humanize (or not) in the inline editor like in the normal midi editor. Now the Humanize command is bound to H, but not listed so you cen't edit it.

I think this is a bug. Please confirm. Windows 10

Last edited by Timm; 03-08-2022 at 03:33 AM.
Timm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:04 PM   #2
vitalker

That's a bit rude to post same post in two different forums. Here you leave bug report and there questions.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:43 PM   #3
Timm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
That's a bit rude to post same post in two different forums. Here you leave bug report and there questions.
its my first day here. rude? well. no. But for efficiency reasons I have now split the questions from the bug report. Apart from your meta remark I'd be glad if you or someone could take actually take a look at my bug report. Thanks.

Last edited by Timm; 03-07-2022 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:07 PM   #4
juliansader

I can confirm.

However, I could assign H to another action in the "MIDI Inline Editor" section, and after I deleted the shortcut again, it worked like any other key.

Of all the keys that I tested, it only happened with "H". Perhaps other keys would have given the same error message, "ERROR: shortcut defined, but command not found", but I've already customized them to other actions.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 05:09 PM   #5
Timm

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
I can confirm.

However, I could assign H to another action in the "MIDI Inline Editor" section, and after I deleted the shortcut again, it worked like any other key.

Of all the keys that I tested, it only happened with "H". Perhaps other keys would have given the same error message, "ERROR: shortcut defined, but command not found", but I've already customized them to other actions.
Hi Julian. Thanks for replying. Thanks for the workaround suggestion. I will try that. But it might be better to be fixed as it might confuse new users. G and H are used commonly by people migrating from Cubase like myself ;-)
Old 03-23-2022, 04:11 PM   #6
Justin
Administrator

ah yeah there are some bindings which are invalid, fixing!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 05:22 PM   #7
nofish

Thanks.
While testing this I came across another inline editor/humanize anomaly (I think).
When inline editor's humanize dialog is open I can't draw notes of arbitrary length anymore, they always snap back to minimum length (or one grid division, not seen in the capture).

Last edited by nofish; 03-23-2022 at 05:29 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 05:46 PM   #8
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Thanks.
While testing this I came across another inline editor/humanize anomaly (I think).
When inline editor's humanize dialog is open I can't draw notes of arbitrary length anymore, they always snap back to minimum length (or one grid division, not seen in the capture).

Fixing (affects the regular midi editor too)
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote