Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings

Default The BCF2000 Reaper setup thread collection area

*its 2021! *
csi is breathing life into old bcf2000's
https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki

*it's 2015 and this thread is updated*
all the info you need to setup the bcf2000 in reaper is here in this excellent forum, as I discovered when setting mine up - but it also kind of buried in various threads that can lead answer-seekers to get a bit bogged down.

So this is an 'in progress' ever-growing collection of links to the vast amount of EXISTING info gleaned from Reaper freaks new and old, on setting up and making best use of the bcf2000 (and the bcr) in reaper, hoping to sift out the fudgy bits for you and make sense of them - enjoy :

Thread update status - last updated:
11/4/15 - Epicsound made a video guide of bcf2000 in Mackie extender mode.
7/2/13 - link to thorough klinkes MCU setup guide thread by tehsux0r
17/4/12 - belatedly added Nofish's guide to setting up a BCR2000 using MCU mode and Klinkes plugin (pc only) -
24/8/11 - added a link to a post with a clerik pack sync-fix.
11/8/11 - updated Klinke MCU mod link + text edits..
28/4/10 - update Klinkes mcu mod info with links to guides.
20/11/09 - link to Coerces setup webpage - added
4/6/09 - setting up bcf preset change from *within* reaper guide - added
28/5/09 - Cleriks quick setup guide added.

------------------------------------------ SETUP GUIDES (in **no particular order**):

to help you decide which setup to go for...:

Tip: just try MCU mode, klinke mod.

If you'd prefer the unit in BCF mode (not MCU mode) :

Coerces setup is loosely based upon the clerik pack but is more recent & up-to-date with auto-syncing of faders and other features as described on his webpage etc. great guide if you have 2 units. it says win7 but applies to all OS.
cleriks pack was loosely based on a bcf mode based setup i described a while back which i've since tweaked in my own direction and may post one day...

basically there is no one 'definitive' bcf mode setup - since users have devised different functions to suit their needs over time. so do ensure not to confuse any guides, choose one and try it!

**HOWEVER - for the unit in MCU mode Klinkes mcu mod is a feature rich animal with depth for use in the units MCU Emulation modes.

its easy to get started and well worth investigation, so for single unit users wanting to just get going, I'd go for that:

--------------
Klinke mcu mod AND GUIDES
--------------

includes vst feedback and loads of features - link updates 8/2011 /2012 (nofish guide) - 2013 added tehsux0r guide [/b]

quote from klinke "try my mcu-plugin in combination with BCFview:
link to his thread:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...242#post758242

------- GUIDES FOR SETTING UP BCF2000 and Reaper with MCU mode/Klinke driver etc.

Video guide ** 2015 **
http://reaperblog.net/2015/04/behrin...tup-in-reaper/

Basic setup of Mackie Extender mode on OSX. Dead simple, no hacks, it just works and you can do a ton with it. By Epicsounds.

-- 2013: tehsux0r guide thread for klinke mod and 'folder mode in particular, v thorough.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...=1#post1120086

2012: Nofish wrote a guide for setting this up with a BCR2000 -

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=60110

- musicbynumbers also did a BCF guide:

Klinke: "I added some features for the BCF2000 and some BCF users are happy with the results. It would be a good idea to look also into the corresponding thread, especially at post 127, where musicbynumbers has written a short BCF2000 help guide:

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=127 "

-----

Coerce setup guide (for unit in BFC mode and relating to 2 units)
------------------------
Coerce created this webpage with clear instructions on getting a sweet setup for use in BCF mode, similar to my own setup and for *multiple* BCF units too - details to follow:
this is recommended over the clerik pack for various reasons - get the sysex provided installed on the bcf then follow the instructions bit further down the page.

http://fallofarcadia.com/BCF2000/

-----

Clerik added a self contained guide zip. (i'll refer to it as the "clerik pack") with all you need to get functional reaper/bcf setup sorted pretty quickly (using it in bcf mode) - with his own twist on the guides/files linked to later. --
[ this is now pretty old, and the man himself has not been seen for a while, stick with coerce set imo.]

it is wise to read the detailed threads/posts mentioned below first that do explain the ins and outs of these 'homebrew' setups in detail - do get hold of bc-manager etc. before trying the clerik/coerce setups out, just so you are more informed about what you're doing.

Clerik's bcf setup pack
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...883#post323883

-keymaps and macros and preset files included are all set to go - just import to reaper and to the bcf.

here are some updated macros that sync the faders when using mixer view 'feature' found here in his original thread that also seemed to clear some buggines in the clerik setup. so if you use it, worth trying them.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...5&postcount=65

---- overview of the Original (dull!) simple style reaper default Setup:

you can setup the bcf2000 in the standard way by basically setting things in REAPER prefs/control surfaces to your units midi ports (unit in bcf mode) & by not setting anything in prefs/midi! <<<
this has a few disadvantages however, so most users end up going for something like the post #7 (edit: also described in post #1.) of the next thread linked, or klinkes mcu mode mod.
---------

---------
OTHER STUFF THAT MAY BE COOL
---------

- heres a guide to facilitate/automating bcf preset changes from 'within' reaper (e.g with a toolbar button)- *updated 4/6/09*

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=37052

this describes how to achieve a setup whereby you press a custom toolbar button in Reaper and have the bcf2000 jump straight to a specified preset. (and/or you can automate preset changes).
all required files included. needs only the app 'midi-ox' and a virtual midi port to get going.

Ive wanted to be able to do that for long time...

*update 04/2009 FORUM THREADS relating to the bcf2000*:

the following thread has the nitty gritty: it may look a bit messy now but the main posts are detailed yet step-by-step so don't be scared! its the main setup discussion thread at the moment...

the posts relevant to the popular bcf-mode halfnhalf setup and view change, as in cleriks pack are posts 7, 9, and 10. remember that! 7 9 10. 7,9,10 ...

**'main bcf2000 setup/discussion thread':**

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=32807

** post #7 **
Describes in full the preferred setup for the bcf2000 in bcf mode ( my choice and as used in Clerik pack):
nick named the "half and half method", it uses midi settings for data input and control surfaces settings for data output.

** look out for a link to a bcf sysex preset file added that has many of the (lengthly) described/needed midi channel tweaks etc. all set up ready to go, - for banking and for 'actions upon preset change' ** it changes the first 4 presets only.
just send it to the bcf unit with e.g BCmanager - see the post...

[note: this is a basic .sysex version of the .bc2 file in cleriks pack ]

** post #9 & 10 **
describes how the 'change mixer view on preset change/banking' (& show only the bcf controllable tracks)
functionality is setup - macros and extensions etc.
(tweaked versions ready-to-go are in the clerik pack!)

-------------------------------- Links to OTHER STUFF :

BcManager download link - funky editor for bcf/bcr2000 - great free app(V2)
http://mntn-utils.110mb.com/index.php?p=1_6

Klinke's mackie plugin csurf.dll for bcr in bcr mode - [new link and info above!]

flipotto bcr2000 presets site lots of mackie mode stuff also:
http://shoshin.110mb.com/genmce/bcr2...ts/presets.htm

FABs work on vst feedback for BCR...
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=27773

and his bcf MCU preset:
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=84

C/O earlabs
mcu midi chart:
http://www.jossmolders.nl/tools/

hope others contribute their fave bits of info that add to the list.

doing a forum search will yield the various threads the above came from to help fill in details.

credits go to all those previous posters that got me started with this thing

Last edited by BenK-msx; 03-23-2021 at 05:12 PM. Reason: info
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
BenK-msx

Default you know theres a recession on when....

in a fit of boredom I decided to give my bcf2000 unit a 'makeover' using some spray paint i'd originally got for my scooter. hey 24hr music making is impossible right?

i didn't really like the blue plasticy stuff and those numerous marker lines on the faders, plus wanted to see inside...

i've seen folk stick them in nice wooden enclosures / change the faders etc. but not do anything as basic as this. seems alright to me. removed the sides too as i can have it a bit closer to me ( i sit to the left of it).

got a knightrider kind of feel going on i think! ha.

its not big, clever or useful in any way of course, and totally goes against my focus on making things sound good, but making things look nice/different is fun sometimes too.

its probably an indicator that i should be locked up, but felt compelled to share for the hell of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2384-2.jpg (71.8 KB, 24418 views)

Last edited by BenK-msx; 06-26-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Amberience

Epic

Amberience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
Smurf

OK, this is great, and it really is appreciated! But I have a question that I THINK is not covered in this great thread (took a few days to read thru)

I am ALMOST done with the mic buying for my "locker", one decent preamp is next (Studio Projects VTB1 or the Golden Age Pre-73 Preamp, funds deciding). and then a control surface, which looks like the Berry ones! Here is my question..

I am thinking of getting both the BCF2000 and BCR2000 and creating a virtual Channel Strip. My idea is to place the BCR2000 above the BCF2000 and use the BCR2000 for Parametric Eq-Compressor-Reverb-etc contols, and the BCF2000 for Facer, Pan, etc. Since they are MIDI I will ASSUME that I can link tham and by doing some kind of Patch Change get them both to go from Channels 1-8 to 9-16, etc.

This way you could have a Full Channel strip to mix with, top to bottom, and have "real" knobs to adjust the stuff.

Has anyone tried this? Is it even possible in Reaper to assign all of this? As a home studio owner I am not going to spend $$$$$ on a control surface if these 2 units might do the trick!

And if this idea, using them both together as a mixer, has a thread or some link, could you please point it out to me?

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
Coerce

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-e...bcr-2000s.html

This has to be in this thread. I'm thinking of getting a few more myself and doing this, or something like it
Coerce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #6
BenK-msx

just been reading that coerce!
good for that non-banking everything does the same thing setup..

getting that hooked up and working sweet in reaper is another matter, maybe mackie mode for faders/pan, and midi/bcf mode for the BCR control of fx?

should be doable with R3's default mappings, learn settings and the such.

synchronised banking could be achieved i think.. and may mean combining the features involved in mixer view change on bank (midi signal from unit sent to reaper on preset change), and the 'change preset from within reaper' thing.

getting one going is bad enough! good luck if you try it, am sure us reaperheads will attempt to assist if you require it.

@amberience - i was waiting for the 'fail'... :0

oh @ smurf - i have a VTB1, not much to compare it to of course, but does good service here and gives plenty of clean gain on low level stuff far better than an ok mixer preamp. I put my Eguitars/bass through as well.
the tube feature can add a bit of grit to electric guitars/bass or 'placebo warmth'. got to get the input level right though for it to start doing its thing.

Last edited by BenK-msx; 06-26-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #7
funkmaster_deluxe

Default More then 32 Channels with one BCF

Hi there,

I'm new to the community, but a long time reader.
I got some questions about the bcf stuff. I did install
the stuff with clariks premade things. Thanks a lot for all
the work

No the Problem is, I got one BCF and I want to mix tracks up to 100 per session. If I change the presets to get further channels it ends at 32 channels. Is there any possibility to expand that?

The second thing is controlling Vst. I would like to use the 8 knobs to controll EQs and Compressors aswell as Delays or Reverbs. I understand how to match the Plugins with the controllers. But there is no Feedback, if I change the Plugin or the tracks, bcf does not get feedback to store the position of the knobs. Is there also any help? I would like to jump to one track an get the eq on knob set 3, the compressor one knob set 4, knob set 1 is used for panning I think. This would make the bcf a full mixer controller to simulate analog controll mixer in daw.

Thanks a lot

Greetings from Switzerland
funkmaster_deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #8
BenK-msx

hello,

firstly in prefs > control surfaces, set the 'size tweak' value to the number of tracks you want to control eg. 100

then it depends on how many presets on your bcf are set in the same manner as 1 2 and 3 - i.e each preset has all main controllers set to output on a different midi channel: so
preset 1 (tracks 1-8)- midi channel 1
preset 2- (tracks 9-16) channel 2
preset 3 - channel 3 etc. etc.

I think Coerces page (linked above i believe) has a sysex file that can be loaded on the bcf with eg. bcf manager - that sets up a larger number of presets set that way if you don't want to do it yourself.

-

regarding vst plugins:
currently only klinkes mcu mode mod linked above gives you feedback from plugins - many people use and like it - though i prefer a more relaxed approach personally but i have to go without any vst feedback.

the top row of encoders i have set free to assign to anything.

you can set a 'default controller map' per vstplugin so its alway the same (eg. knob3 controls parameter X) whenever you load that plugin again. just assign your encoders first then select it - its an option somewhere in the plugins 'param' menu.

when you assign them you can select 'soft takeover' so parameters don't jump when you adjust the controller. this helps with the lack of feedback.

also try out the 'per focus, per track' options when assigning which means the assignments only apply when a certain track is selected or the fx window has focus. this means 8 encoders can control lots of things.

also check out the new 'adjust last fx parameter' feature - found in actions 'press '?' - type in the name to find it.

assign that to a handy encoder, and the last parameter you touched with the mouse will be controlled by that encoder! (best to assign with soft takeover selected again.)

hope thats some help and made sense in not your first language...

---

woh - i was hoping my 1000th post would be a vaguely helpful one, so thanks for the opportunity! - i really should get out more.

Last edited by BenK-msx; 04-28-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmaster_deluxe View Post
No the Problem is, I got one BCF and I want to mix tracks up to 100 per session. If I change the presets to get further channels it ends at 32 channels. Is there any possibility to expand that?

The second thing is controlling Vst. I would like to use the 8 knobs to controll EQs and Compressors aswell as Delays or Reverbs. I understand how to match the Plugins with the controllers. But there is no Feedback, if I change the Plugin or the tracks, bcf does not get feedback to store the position of the knobs. Is there also any help? I would like to jump to one track an get the eq on knob set 3, the compressor one knob set 4, knob set 1 is used for panning I think. This would make the bcf a full mixer controller to simulate analog controll mixer in daw.
If you are a windows-user, then maybe you should try my mcu-plugin in combination with BCFview:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/3558/reaper...mcu_klinke.zip

I added some features for the BCF2000 and some BCF users are happy with the results. It would be a good idea to look also into the corresponding thread, especially at post 127, where musicbynumbers has written a short BCF2000 help guide: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=127

@BenK-msx: The link to my extension is outdated, it would be nice if you can replace it with the one above.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #10
BenK-msx

updating that now klinke - note that i did mention your fine plug!
[DONE]

Last edited by BenK-msx; 04-28-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #11
Coerce

Just an FYI, I personally haven't been able to get my bcf's working on windows 7 64 with the new behringer dirvers, I let win 7 auto detect them and they work fine.

Apologies for the layout of my guide, I will get it updated soon
Coerce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:53 AM   #12
funkmaster_deluxe

Wow Thanks a lot for the answers.
I will have a look at all you told me as soon as possible.
I think with that I should get the things running.

I hope my english is not too bad to understand. I'm reading
a lot written in english but rarely talk.

At the moment I'm working with Win7 in 32 Bit and it seems easy working
with BCF drivers. No I just have to get the Controller configuration right.
funkmaster_deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #13
carlier74

Hi,

I've followed the Clerick's setup but the BCF only works one way (software moves the physical controller, but not the other way around. I'm using Windows XP and have the recommended driver installed.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
carlier74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #14
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
updating that now klinke - note that i did mention your fine plug!
[DONE]
Thanks for updating, but while you copy and pasted the links, the ... abbreviation where added to the links, so they are invalid in your nice collection post.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 AM   #15
lxm

hey.

i used this to set up my bcf:

took a while but she worked(sort of). a few questions for ya'll. do i need bc manager open when using the bcf in reaper? when i write some automation(volume for example) the bcf wont mirror the actions in reaper when in read. BUT if i deselect and select visible then it mirrors the automation perfectly. anyone know why? so strange!

i still dont know how to set up/use my bcr-2000. i cant find a step by step on the forums. plz help me any other way(guide) to set up the bcf so the reaper automation will mirror in the bcf?

im tired. off to bed.
lxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:31 AM   #16
crytek

Cool thread. I just use my BCF in Mackie mode, but I'm definitely up for trying new things to get the most out of it. Will try this tonight.
crytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #17
lxm

Quote:

I added some features for the BCF2000 and some BCF users are happy with the results. It would be a good idea to look also into the corresponding thread, especially at post 127, where musicbynumbers has written a short BCF2000 help guide: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=127
-----
the link is broken. anyone have a link to that guide?
lxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #18
BenK-msx

sorry my bad - um its in klinkes mcu control plugin thread - search for that and head to post 127.
will fix link shortly! link is
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=127

edit - fixed in OP....
Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #19
T-tone

Quote:
all the info people need to setup the bcf2000 in reaper in various ways is here in this excellent forum, as I discovered when setting mine up, but it also kind of buried in various threads that can lead answer-seekers to get a bit bogged down.

So this is an 'in progress' ever-growing collection of links to the vast amount of EXISTING info/titbits gleaned from Reaper freaks new and old, on setting up / making best use of the bcf2000 (and the bcr) in reaper, hoping to sift out the fudgy bits for you and make sense of them - enjoy :

Thread update status - last updated:
28/4/10 - update Klinkes mcu mod info with links to guides.
20/11/09 - link to Coerces setup webpage - added
4/6/09 - setting up bcf preset change from *within* reaper guide - added
28/5/09 - Cleriks quick setup guide added.

------------------------------------------ SETUP GUIDES (no particular order):
Coerce setup guide
Coerce has created this webpage with clear instructions on getting a sweet setup in bcf mode similar to my own setup and for multiple BCF units too - details to follow:

-----

Clerik added this self contained guide zip. (i'll refer to it as the "clerik pack") with all you need to get functional reaper/bcf setup sorted pretty quickly (using it in bcf mode) - with his own twist on the guides/files linked to later.

- FYI - to help you decide which setup to go for:
Coerces setup is loosely based upon the clerik pack but is more up-to-date with auto-syncing of faders and other features as described on his webpage etc. cleriks pack was kind of based on a bcf mode based setup i described a while back which i've since tweaked in my own direction and may post one day...

so basically there is no one 'definitive' bcf mode setup - since users have devised different functions to suit their needs over time. so do ensure not to confuse any guides, choose one and try it!

Klinkes mcu is a different animal and well worth an investigation with the bcf in mcu mode.

---

it is wise to read the detailed threads/posts mentioned below first that do explain the ins and outs of these 'homebrew' setups in detail - do get hold of bc-manager etc. before trying the clerik/coerce setups out, just so you are more informed about what you're doing.

Clerik's bcf setup pack
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...883#post323883

-keymaps and macros and preset files included are all set to go - just import to reaper and to the bcf.

-------- Original style reaper default style Setup:

you can of course setup the bcf2000 in the easy standard way by basically setting things in prefs/control surfaces & not setting anything in prefs/midi!
this has a few disadvantages however, so most users end up going for something like the post #7 (edit: also described in post #1.) of the next thread linked, or klinkes mcu mode mod.
---------

- guide to facilitate/automate bcf preset changes from 'within' reaper (e.g toolbar button)- *updated 4/6/09*

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=37052
this describes how to achieve a setup whereby you can press a custom toolbar button in Reaper and have the bcf2000 jump straight to a specified preset. (and/or you can automate preset changes).
all required files included. needs only the app 'midi-ox' and a virtual midi port to get going.

Ive wanted to be able to do that for long time...

--------------
Klinke mcu mod
--------------

Klinke's bcf in MCU mode mod and setup guides -
includes vst feedback and loads of features - link added 4/2010

quote from klinke " try my mcu-plugin in combination with BCFview:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/3558/reaper...mcu_klinke.zip

-----

*update 04/2009 FORUM THREADS relating to the bcf2000*:

the following thread has the nitty gritty: it may look a bit messy now but the main posts are detailed yet step-by-step so don't be scared! its the main setup discussion thread at the moment...

the posts relevant to the popular bcf-mode halfnhalf setup and view change, as in cleriks pack are posts 7, 9, and 10. remember that! 7 9 10. 7,9,10 ...

**'main bcf2000 setup/discussion thread':**

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=32807

** post #7 **
Describes in full the preferred setup for the bcf2000 in bcf mode ( my choice and as used in Clerik pack):
nick named the "half and half method", it uses midi settings for data input and control surfaces settings for data output.

** look out for a link to a bcf sysex preset file added that has many of the (lengthly) described/needed midi channel tweaks etc. all set up ready to go, - for banking and for 'actions upon preset change' ** it changes the first 4 presets only.
just send it to the bcf unit with e.g BCmanager - see the post...

[note: this is a basic .sysex version of the .bc2 file in cleriks pack ]

** post #9 & 10 **
describes how the 'change mixer view on preset change/banking' (& show only the bcf controllable tracks)
functionality is setup - macros and extensions etc.
(tweaked versions ready-to-go are in the clerik pack!)

-------------------------------- Links to OTHER STUFF :

BcManager download link - funky editor for bcf/bcr2000 - great free app(V2)
http://mntn-utils.110mb.com/index.php?p=1_6

Klinke's mackie plugin csurf.dll for bcr in bcr mode - [new link and info above!]

flipotto bcr2000 presets site lots of mackie mode stuff also:
http://shoshin.110mb.com/genmce/bcr2...ts/presets.htm

FABs work on vst feedback for BCR...
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=27773

and his bcf MCU preset:
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=84

C/O earlabs
mcu midi chart:
http://www.jossmolders.nl/tools/

hope others contribute their fave bits of info that add to the list.

doing a forum search will yield the various threads the above came from to help fill in details.

credits go to all those previous posters that got me started with this thing
Sorry to resurrect this post but for the life of me I can not get my BFC2000 to work the transport button. I down loaded the Sysex files and installed them but every time I push the the transport button on the BFC2000 unit I get a message error from reaper reminding me that my midi in/out is not connected and it's annoying I know it's not connected because I'm using the usb port. how can I get my BFC2000 to make Reaper's transport function correctly?
T-tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:19 AM   #20
dazzathedrummer

Are their any issues with setting up the BCF2000 in OSX??

(I've got a BCF being delivered today!!)
Old 03-09-2011, 05:15 AM   #21
dazzathedrummer

I've just started a thread on how to set up the BCF on Mac, it's not greatly useful at the moment, but hopefully I can expand on it and others will chip in.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=76193
Old 03-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #22
BenK-msx

Hey Daz' glad you got things going,

i know you prob happy with things as they are, but just to say i think from reading your post that to get banking beyond 8tracks in bcf mode you should load the sysex from coerces guide (link above) onto your unit, so that preset 2 is a copy of preset 1 but midi channel of each fader etc is set to midi channel 2 etc.

tbh having just received it, you are prob still on the steep bit of the 'bcf curve' we all get through after some hrs of head scratching!

that said klinkes mcu mod and keeping the bcf in mcu mode is definately easier to get going, and a good choice anyway.
-

mine has potentially died after several yrs (getting cold prob has not helped) may have a rummage at fixing it when i have the time.

@T-tone - sounds bizarre... uhh - try starting again, fresh syssex on unit, no midi devices or Control surface settings in reaper and go bit by bit. also setting to mcu mode on bcf and in reaper will get you going for sure pretty quickly. bestoluck
Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #23
dazzathedrummer

Quote:
Hey Daz' glad you got things going,

i know you prob happy with things as they are, but just to say i think from reading your post that to get banking beyond 8tracks in bcf mode you should load the sysex from coerces guide (link above) onto your unit, so that preset 2 is a copy of preset 1 but midi channel of each fader etc is set to midi channel 2 etc.
It works fine beyond 8 tracks, that's what I don't get. After some head scratching, I set it to Mackie extended and it works fine.......if I select track 48 with my mouse, the BCF 'jumps' to track 48 no problem - I don't know how and I don't know why!

The only thing that I'd like it to do (and I don't know if this has been dealt with elsewhere)is, if a folder is compressed (ie not showing the tracks within) or a track is hidden - can the BFC be set up to not 'see' these tracks.

Exmaple - if I have drums in a folder track on tracks 1 to 8 and a bass guitar on track 9, but the drums folder is compressed so the mixer shows one drum parent folder track and one bass guitar track, can the BCF be set to only show these tracks as they appear in the mixer?
Old 03-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #24
BenK-msx

from memory i think when the bcf is in mcu mode the banking thing is basically automatic. if its in bcf mode then you need the sysex tweak for size tweak/banking to work, no matter!

Klinkes Mod i think has a 'reflect mixer view' mode - if you're in mcu mode you should install it!

before that feature came to be i used a 'show only 8trks in the mixer and switch to next 8 on bank' macro going in bcf mode which was handy.

but yes, think klinke mod can help
Old 03-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #25
dazzathedrummer

Does Klinkes mod work on Mac?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #26
BenK-msx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzathedrummer View Post
Does Klinkes mod work on Mac?
eek. am not sure if it does... bum.
sorry for teasing you!
i was thinking that since sws stuff was osx compatible nowadays I thought klinkes mcu mod was too -
would imagine come v4 official time there will be some love in that direction though.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #27
dazzathedrummer

Quote:
eek. am not sure if it does... bum.
sorry for teasing you!
i was thinking that since sws stuff was osx compatible nowadays I thought klinkes mcu mod was too -
would imagine come v4 official time there will be some love in that direction though.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

I'm pretty happy with the Mackie layout but it would be great to get the 'reflect mixer view' thing working - and maybe a contextual fader/knob that could control any selected control on the screen.

how would I even begin to write that into the functionality for Mac? or should I probably not go there and carry on making music haha.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #28
pauliemac

Default Transport setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-tone View Post
Sorry to resurrect this post but for the life of me I can not get my BFC2000 to work the transport button. I down loaded the Sysex files and installed them but every time I push the the transport button on the BFC2000 unit I get a message error from reaper reminding me that my midi in/out is not connected and it's annoying I know it's not connected because I'm using the usb port. how can I get my BFC2000 to make Reaper's transport function correctly?
Other than using a footswitch, how is the transport function set up on BCF2000? Since there are no stop/play/pause/rec buttons on it, I assume these functions are assigned to the four button on the lower left corner?

Can anyone can clarify this?

thanks
pauliemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #29
XITE-1/4LIVE

Default BCF 2000 Standalone Mode

Ankyu

Last edited by XITE-1/4LIVE; 12-23-2012 at 03:06 PM.
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #30
XarquS

OMG! I'm the clumsiest among clumsy. Despite efforts here (very, very appreciated), it's all confusing to me for Reaper. In Sony Vegas no problem: It worked at first attempt. In Edius is testimonial but has a good idea: a graphic representation of the device to assign function keys easily (but only four buttons).

I do not know where to start asking, so a cup of (decaffeinated) coffee and cookies and to study here and there with patience.

X.
XarquS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #31
omnialinx

Default painting bcf

Hey great post. I have been going to this site for a pretty long while but have never posted anything since with enough searching I always seem to find what I am looking for. This collection of bcf threads is really useful and thanks for taking the time to do it. I have a few questions though regarding the painting of the bcf which isn't answered as far as I can see but I am modding three units and would like a little help in this department.
Question 1. Did you spray paint the faders silver as well as the face plate?
2. What kind of spray paint did you use for both?
3. Does anyone know exactly what ALPS faders I need to get for the BCF? The digidesign command 24 faders are pretty pricey but seem like the right kind and I really like the silver look (Hey it's all about impressing the clients with cool gear right?.
I should really just get a us-2400 instead of doing the triple bcf 'poor man's ICON' mod but I doubt tascam makes drivers compatible with Windows 8 and want to keep the thing forever if I could. Thanks and looking forward to your response even though no one has posted on this thread in a while.
omnialinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #32
amoretam

Default hard to understand

sorry but this is a little bit hard to understand for me, .. I have two bcf-2000 and would like to make them work together with Reaper. nothing fancy.. I just need my 16 mutes, solos, sends and faders to work..

I guess that if I want deeper functionality then I have to read deeper for setting, but I am not really into that... I just wish to be pointed to a guide I can follow easily to make this work immediately..

Thanks a lot people
amoretam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #33
amoretam

anyone?
Old 11-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #34
nightscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoretam View Post
sorry but this is a little bit hard to understand for me, .. I have two bcf-2000 and would like to make them work together with Reaper. nothing fancy.. I just need my 16 mutes, solos, sends and faders to work..

I guess that if I want deeper functionality then I have to read deeper for setting, but I am not really into that... I just wish to be pointed to a guide I can follow easily to make this work immediately..

Thanks a lot people
v8, the latest Klinke .dll, doesn't work with more than one unit. However, the version before, reaper_csurf_mcu_klinke_v0_6_4, will handle multiple units. v6 is still very excellent. You'll get most of the features of the Klinke system. Reaper's native MCU is very barebones.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #35
BenK-msx

All the info you need is here.. second paragraph of op mentions setup guide for 2 bcfs.. Klinke mod is prob simplest.

Yes its not super straightforward but learning an instrument, music recording and daws and midi etc arent straightforward activities!

tbh not even trying to understand is frankly criminal a bit lazy and doing yourself a disservice, just read and persist with focused patience and it will work out. You have guides!

Its just Many of us had practically no info or guides to go on and just slugged it out, disussed options etc until it made sense and things worked, and the more folk ask for an easy answer etc because they'd rather not read a long thread etc the more I fear for society.

/minor rant
Old 10-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #36
amoretam

Hi, I would like to know how to disable the bcf as a controller in Reaper temporarily so I can use it to map plugin parameters and such to my knobs??...

...and then enable it again and such.
Is this possible? I am sure it is.
I have 2 bcf using the klinke mode, but I have never been able to use it beyong volume, solo, mute select tracks and simple things, where can I find/read what are all the possibilities available, the manual is not very clear about it or it is hard to understand for me..

Thanks a lot
Old 10-31-2014, 10:58 AM   #37
BenK-msx

mine is in bits now sadly/gladly.. control surface faders are overrated imo!
if you're using Klinke setup then i believe to setup actions
its ALT EQ

'EQ' being the top left of the bottom set of buttons on the unit

not sure if ALT is alt of the pc keyboard (if set in control surfaces as option) or some other alt. i no idea.

then i think its a matter of hitting that EQ button to then make the vpots do actions.

a day2day klinke user could help
Old 10-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #38
amoretam

Quote:
mine is in bits now sadly/gladly.. control surface faders are overrated imo!
if you're using Klinke setup then i believe to setup actions
its ALT EQ

'EQ' being the top left of the bottom set of buttons on the unit

not sure if ALT is alt of the pc keyboard (if set in control surfaces as option) or some other alt. i no idea.

then i think its a matter of hitting that EQ button to then make the vpots do actions.

a day2day klinke user could help
Ok, thanks, .. But I have no idea what you just described...

Please people, .. just tell me where to read what all the features are and how to map plugin parameters and stuff, ..

Thanks
Old 10-31-2014, 02:03 PM   #39
BenK-msx

on your computer keyboard:

press and hold ALT then press the top left button on the lower section of the bcf2000

try left ALT and right ALT.

a window should appear where you can set up what the twiddlies (vpots) on the bcf do.

either way hitting the top left button of lower section on bcf should change the mode of unit so that the twiddlies on the unit are able to be assigned to actions in reapers action list.

i cannot provide anymore than what i myself have read in klinkes manual..

best o luck.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:00 PM   #40
amoretam

Quote:
on your computer keyboard:

press and hold ALT then press the top left button on the lower section of the bcf2000

try left ALT and right ALT.

a window should appear where you can set up what the twiddlies (vpots) on the bcf do.

either way hitting the top left button of lower section on bcf should change the mode of unit so that the twiddlies on the unit are able to be assigned to actions in reapers action list.

i cannot provide anymore than what i myself have read in klinkes manual..

best o luck.
oh there is a manual,
thanks