ReaComp meter issues with higher buffer settings (FIXED)
I have recently noticed (and fixed) an issue I had with the ReaComp gain reduction meters.
I found out that the meters were not updating correctly, instead they were "flickering", and irritably so. Audio was not affected, I think, but the jumpy metering really got on my nerves. Playing around with the RMS size values in ReaComp (which I thought I had changed accidentally) didn't fix it. Somehow I figured out that reducing the audio (!) buffer size got rid of the problem. (I had the buffers set really high, 4x4096 iirc).
I don't know if this is unavoidable or not, I just thought I'd let you know.
Edit: ReaComp input/output meters and the meters for my other plugins were not affected as far as I could tell