Old 03-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
chrisharbin
Human being with feelings

Default Do we really need less vst plug ins?

I've grown increasing worried about the alarming amount of people who seem to think they need to clean up their computers. I mean, it's just digital information, right? We all know the average size a vst is pretty low, so what is the harm for people who want 100's or 1000's of vsts? GAS is an art form, it should be taken more seriously!

I've learned that trying new stuff is both exciting, fun, relaxing, entertaining and highly creative at the same time. In fact, you don't HAVE to buy it if you try it. But if you can afford it and want it......why not? In fact, you should have at least 2 of everything.......just in case.

Think about the devs! Just because reaper is 60-225 usd (people forget it's more for a commercial license) doesn't mean you should stop supporting all the killer devs that are constantly biding for your business! All the jobs created (I'm being serious here) and everything that you do is based on GAS. Nobody starts a business and says "I'm going to offer a killer program just to help the people!" And what about all your "apps"? Are you going to look me in the eye and seriously tell me that being a clean computer user is going to make you more creative when all you do is use a 4 bar beat app on your iphone anyways.......???????a/aaa/??????

And why be such a snob anyways? You and your little tiny "cleanly" computer. Please, you KNOW you'd be better if you were demoing AT LEAST 5 new vst's a day!

Gasaholics, UNITE! Stop letting people bash you and feeling embarrassed because the man wants to keep you down! It's your plugins, and you should have it now!
chrisharbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
richie43

Huzzah!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
Bristol Posse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisharbin View Post
I've grown increasing worried about the alarming amount of people who seem to think they need to clean up their computers. I mean, it's just digital information, right? We all know the average size a vst is pretty low, so what is the harm for people who want 100's or 1000's of vsts? GAS is an art form, it should be taken more seriously!
So will you be purchasing all those unsupported waves bundles?

sorry couldn't resist
Bristol Posse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
chrisharbin

I WILL be buying ren bass. I'm out 50 bucks there. Probably after dinner. Saturn is eminent (but I've got two weeks left on my trial so no hurry) and ALLOY is eminent......like tonight!

I've been getting by with what I have for quite some time, It's time to GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (of course, within reason, not promoting all out Armageddon here )
Old 03-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
Bristol Posse

Quote:
I've been getting by with what I have for quite some time, It's time to GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (of course, within reason, not promoting all out Armageddon here )
Well the world is ending in December so you might as well max out those credit cards while you can
Bristol Posse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
Lawrence

Quote:
....of course, within Reason....
Waiting for the Propellerhead's store to open are we?
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
Artbay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Quote:
....of course, within Reason....
ba-dump-ching! good one
Old 03-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
chrisharbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Do they offer support for reaper?????? (hyper)
Old 03-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
chrisharbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristol Posse View Post
Well the world is ending in December so you might as well max out those credit cards while you can
No, no no no no........no maxing. Paypal, and keeping track of the money in my checking thank you very much! I buy allot of shit, but I have the money for it first (If I can't afford it, I don't buy it!)
Old 03-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #10
V'ger

Agree with OP. And with Reaper allowing VSTs to be shown as they are neatly sorted on the disk in folders, there's no need to cut down VSTs at all as it's not really messy even with a ton of them there. I can see for some DAWs it can get problematic with too many, but Reaper shines here.

GAS is a real thing there's no denying, and also true that endless testing of plugins can take time from playing, but on the other side, new plugins cause inspiration and playing so it works both ways. And with a ton of plugins well tested you know exactly where to get that certain sound or effect etc so quality goes up. Sure, when it's clear after a while that some plugins are never used they can be sold, but then there's the trouble with old projects messed up etc.
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote