PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Voicing

Denny G
04-22-2012, 09:21 PM
I have recorded a vocal track but it sounds” hollow”. Is there a way to add “chorus” or “harmonies” using the vocal tack as the basis? I have not been able to see anything about this in the manual as yet.

rothchild
04-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Try looking for the pitch shifter (I think there's a JS one) you might also want to use a delay (one tap, no feedback) in advance of the shifter to give it a bit of spread.

There's any number of chorus plugins you could play with too.

Of course, if something doesn't sound right about the vocal recording it'll probably be more fruitful to go back to that, work out why it didn't work and do it properly (even if you still elect to add further pitch and harmony processing to it, it'll work better on a well recorded part).

Child

Denny G
04-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Would you suggest a "chorus' plug-in please. I would prefer something like a "harmony" with options if possible . Thanks

dea-man
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Would you suggest a "chorus' plug-in please. I would prefer something like a "harmony" with options if possible . Thanks

.....has a harmonizer called, but it's not cheap and you have to hurdle the learning curve before you can really get great, lifelike results. There are others out there, at a cost.

There may be some free ones available. Have you tried Googling "Free Vocal Harmonizer" VST?

dea-man
04-23-2012, 06:00 PM
...if the raw direct recording sounds hollow, I would check the mic and signal chain. I would definitely not hesitate to re-record, once I found the culprit.