PDA

View Full Version : First Reaper project - start to finish

likenokevin
06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm wrapping up my first all Reaper project. I'm looking for any and all critiques. We're getting ready to send this out for replication at the end of this week. Thanks in advance.

Smiles To Frowns (http://www.the-epoxy.com/lnt/music/Smiles%20To%20Frowns.mp3)

Magoostus
06-12-2007, 11:20 PM
ok well, this song is done really well. not much is needed to be done. I might try some more compression and maximizing on the vocals to make them more intense. thats all i could think of at the moment. everything else seems to be ok

frozen
06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
wow! That is great. It sounds really good.
Could you tell me how you got those sounds? I mean, was the guitar a mic'd amp or was it plugins? Were the drums live? They sound amazing. They cut right through the mix without being too loud.
Good job :)

likenokevin
06-14-2007, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

The guitars are amped. Mesa .50 caliber + into a custom 4x12 cab. With a CAD M9 an inch and a half from the speaker, off axis.

The bass was recorded direct and ran through the Ampeg SVX plug and then squashed to within an inch of its life with the Waves L2.

The drums are live. Kick, snare and toms were all mic'd with a pair of mics for the overheads. I used Drumagog to trigger EZ Drummer for the kick and snare and ended up using a good blend of the live and triggered sounds.

frozen
06-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the info!

likenokevin
08-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Well we're still waiting on the artwork for this so if they're any suggestions on the mix I still have time to fix them.