PDA

View Full Version : midi timing problem

shapira
05-20-2012, 06:29 AM
i edited a midi drum track, and while using "reasamplomatic" VST the timing for the whole midi track seems to be off.
i'm not sure if it's just an offset problem, or something that becomes worse as the track progresses forward in time (i think it does that, my friend thinks i'm wrong).
is the problem with the VST?
is it with MIDI everywhere?
is there something that can be done?

thank you!

ivansc
05-22-2012, 12:33 AM
sorry no answers here, but I am not entirely sure what you mean. I had a play with reasamplomatic and a drum poart & could not reproduce your problem.

Are you examining the MIDI stream? Ids there any physical movement when RSOM is engaged??

Struggling to understand what you mean, but getting a sort of ghost memory of a problem with MIDI in general years ago where if something set the timebase within an effect to a different one to the main sequence you COULD get a progressive creep.

See if you can give us more information.

shapira
05-22-2012, 09:03 AM
ok:
i have a midi drum track which was a base for a recording i made.
after finishing everything. i started to use reasmaplomatic for drum sounds, and the whole timebase is off.
it starts off-beat (which only happens after i "attach" the samples, and when i try to manually return it to the beat - it goes off beat in different places/

when i listen to the whole song with the drum track in midi form - the whole song is right on the beat/
when i patch in the samples, the whole track goes off beat in different directions (usually slows down).

Tod
05-22-2012, 09:05 AM
i'm not sure if it's just an offset problem, or something that becomes worse as the track progresses forward in time (i think it does that, my friend thinks i'm wrong).
is the problem with the VST?
is it with MIDI everywhere?
is there something that can be done?

Hi shapira, and welcome to the forum.

I think the first thing to do is open the Midi Editor and make sure the midi notes are lined up properly with the grid.

Another possibility is check the samples you're using in reasamplomatic and make sure the fronts of the samples are edited properly. Too much space in front will make them sound and play late.

Do that and let us know what happens..:)

EDIT: Oops you posted while I was typing this out.:)

I've not used reasamplomatic so I'm not sure how that works. What exactly do you mean by "when i patch in the samples"?