PDA

View Full Version : 2 new songs (featuring Jamstix)

richlum
06-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Just uploaded 2 new songs "Liquid Life" and "Detached" at http://poppi.dmusic.com

Recorded in REAPER with Jamstix on drums. Thought some people might find them interesting as they are having problems getting an uncomplicated drum part from Jamstix...

Any feedback on the songwriting or production is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

asharin
06-18-2007, 10:45 PM
I love the lyrics, great stuff, as I have practically zero skills in production myself I can't comment on that but it sounds good to me, aprt from the drums sounding a little weak/quiet.

Good stuff anyway I listened to all the other tracks there too, nice stuff all over :)

richlum
06-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks asharin.

I guess I didn't want the drums to be like big rock drums as they are fairly acoustic type songs... I'll have another listen at home to the drum levels though

Thanks for the feedback and listening

Rich

likenokevin
06-19-2007, 04:02 AM
Yeah I agree the drums are too far in the background. Everything else sounds good.

asharin
06-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks asharin.

I guess I didn't want the drums to be like big rock drums as they are fairly acoustic type songs... I'll have another listen at home to the drum levels though

Thanks for the feedback and listening

Rich

Yeah you don't want them 'big' in an acoustic track 9though sometimes that can sound pretty cool)
I'm not sure it's a matter of volume, more just...weak sounding, if that makes any sense?

stodge
06-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Listened to "Liquid Life", didn't like the song (sorry!) but I do agree the drums deserve and need to be more in the mix. I liked the initial guitar sound and riff; clear and simple.

richlum
06-20-2007, 01:05 AM
Ok thanks guys.
I'll try and remix soon and with more drums and see how that sounds.

No worries about not liking the song stodge. I listen to other artists stuff all the time and even though I may not like the music am still able to give feedback on production, songwriting, lyrics etc.

Thanks,
Rich

Against_Demons
06-22-2007, 07:50 AM
I would say leave the drums where they are at. No need to turn up that sound. Maybe if it were live drums I'd show them off more. Probably could use just a little EQ though. Nice indie sound overall! Cheers

richlum
06-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks Against_Demons.
Well I haven't had a chance to re-look at this song yet anyway.
Got a busy weekend and week coming up so maybe sometime this week or it might need to wait till next weekend