PDA

View Full Version : Missing dll After Crash During Plug-ins Scan

laurend
05-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Running Reaper 4.22 PC 32bit, I've scanned my plug-ins folder after adding the very last Steinberg SLM 128 Loudness Meter (no support from Steinberg). The process never ended. The application window was frozen with no refresh. After few minutes, I decided to end the process using the Windows task manager.

When restarting Reaper, during the splash screen, I always have an error message about a missing libvlccore.dll.

After a complete day on the web dedicated to solve this issue, and a lot of fix attempts, it still doesn't work.

Does someone on this forum have a solution?
Thanks by advance

PS: That's the first time I have troubles using Reaper.

bob
05-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Running Reaper 4.22 PC 32bit, I've scanned my plug-ins folder after adding the very last Steinberg SLM 128 Loudness Meter (no support from Steinberg). The process never ended. The application window was frozen with no refresh. After few minutes, I decided to end the process using the Windows task manager.

When restarting Reaper, during the splash screen, I always have an error message about a missing libvlccore.dll.

After a complete day on the web dedicated to solve this issue, and a lot of fix attempts, it still doesn't work.

Does someone on this forum have a solution?
Thanks by advance

PS: That's the first time I have troubles using Reaper.

then net says
ibvlccore.dll file is an important component for system that it supports the normal operation of associated program and ensures the system efficiently gets the data. Also, it provides the functions of checking the necessary spaces for the operation of program and if there is any similar code already exists in the system. If libvlccore.dll file is missing or damaged, there would be a couple of programs affected.

bob
05-29-2012, 01:14 PM
I notice this is a vst 3 plugin.I donīt think Reaper supports vst 3 plugins at the moment. De install the plug in.

laurend
05-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks Bob.
I know Reaper can't work without this dll. That's the object of my question. All my other audio software don't seem affected.
I've found this dll on the web and past it into C\Windows\system32 > doesn't work
I've uninstall and reinstall Reaper > doesn't work
Wrong dll version?
Wrong place for this dll?
Your help will be much appreciated.

laurend
05-29-2012, 01:24 PM
I notice this is a vst 3 plugin.I donīt think Reaper supports vst 3 plugins at the moment. De install the plug in.

Of course i've removed this perturbing plug-in. But the original libvlccore.dll has vanished, and I can't install a new one for some reason.

bluzkat
05-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Of course i've removed this perturbing plug-in. But the original libvlccore.dll has vanished, and I can't install a new one for some reason.

See this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249873.

Good luck.

:cool:

laurend
06-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Thanks for your help