PDA

View Full Version : HELP! new to reaper

chris75
06-24-2007, 01:02 PM
hi,how you doin?im new at this reaper(daw) thing,i have a couple of questions.first, i believe i set the audio settings correctly,i have successfully set midi info from my roland td 12 to my pc but now im trying to figure out how to make this into sound.im not really sure how to use the plug ins,and if i wired everything correctly.im going from the midi out on the td12 to the midi in of my usb/medi interface,is this correct?please help out? thanks,chris

simpsongb
06-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Hey Chris

Check out the WIKI or download the Reaper docs...very nice stuff....might help answer your question....

chris75
06-25-2007, 11:10 AM
ok,the problem im having now is i can record from my vdrums and from my keyboard but i cant hear anything.when i play and when i try to listen to it,the meter is working but no sound comes out.what the hell...over!

rforssell
06-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Hi Chris!

If you want to hear the midi played back from your external sound source you need to activate the MIDI hardware output and also route the recorded track back to it.
http://www.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/Recording_MIDI#Setting_up_a_hardware_output